We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryzza: it doesnt have split screen (was in twitter some time ago)

Well, that was my only reason for getting the game on X360. It's a shame - I thought split-screen was making a comeback when Blur and Split Second both featured it (even on PC).

I'm guessing no LAN either? In which case I'll be getting it on Steam probably.

EA must've worked out that LAN games = 1 copy purchase and copied for the other computers in the LAN. Write whatever they want in the license agreement, but I see no reason to buy a game more than once for the same household - it's not exactly an operating system or MS Office. That's where console gaming was more appealing, when there was split-screen at least.

GT5 has split screen, but that's a few years away. Because you, know Mr. Creator and "his team" (it's always "his" team, not "the" team. Ever notice that? :oook: ) want it to be just right. :rolleyes:

NFS:HP3, however, is unlikely to excel at much. It looks great, sure, but the underpinnings make me feel like I'll put it down a few weeks after I buy it - if I buy it at all (which I would only do when its in the "Under $10" bin).

-Leadfoot

Reason why games are lacking split-screen is because they expect everyone to just play online! Personally thats all good as it means you can play your mates if theres a threat of acid rain, raining trumpets or if yojus want to play your friends for a quick game beoure tea or they live a few miles away.

But whats not cool is having friends round and then descover only a few of your games actually support split-screen and none of them want to play Katamari Forever as your too god at own a copy of CoD! (As much as i dont like the CoD games, i'll give them there due as they have split-screen!)

And Lan play, well i guess that can work as long as your friends don't mind carting there stuff tto your place and you happen to own more TV's than you actually need.

Anyways, think we should open a New thread about 'Multi-Player gaming' so we can keep this on-topic?

The PS3 Trophie list has been announced for HP, so heres a link to it:

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Trophie List

For you's on the 360, as always it'll be the same for you!

Alot are missing the point, and I am talking about what I see all over the web not so much here.

NFS HP is for the fun factor, racing, chasing , drifting & sliding around at speeds in excess of 200 (game) mph.

Too many are reading into it. I want a sim, I want customization, I want this & that.

Its a game like PGR, where you pick a car and haul buns, driving like a maniac.

If you are looking into it any deeper than that you will be disappointed.

If you like games like PGR, Burnout, GRID, you'll enjoy this one.

IF you hate those games wholla! your gonna feel the same about HP.

If anyone has even remotely watched the released videos showing gameplay it stands clear of what it is.

From one who has actually had a chance to play a slice of the game I still have my pre-order in place.

It's the kinda race game when you need to sit down, erase the day, release some aggressions, shunt & out-run some cops and put a smile on your face & feel good about it while your doing it.

A game with very little fustration & more fun factor, get it?

Nothing more!

The split screen thing is a let down, but it is what it is.

In the old NFS you couldn't take a corner at 200mph and sometimes part of the fun with the previous NFS was aiming for the highest speed without the awful addition of nitrous. I really hope there is an option to disable that stuff as it just gets used stupidly in games. I'm not saying I want realism and such but if it's a true HP title then it will be all about the thrill of the chase, the ruthlessness of the cops and of course the fact that you must have your wits about you and listen to the radio. None of this sixth sense crap where you see things ahead of you way before you should and what not.

Thankfully there's a demo so I should be able to garner what they game feels like for myself before even contemplating buying it.

Alot are missing the point, and I am talking about what I see all over the web not so much here.

NFS HP is for the fun factor, racing, chasing , drifting & sliding around at speeds in excess of 200 (game) mph.

Too many are reading into it. I want a sim, I want customization, I want this & that.

Its a game like PGR, where you pick a car and haul buns, driving like a maniac.

If you are looking into it any deeper than that you will be disappointed.

If you like games like PGR, Burnout, GRID, you'll enjoy this one.

IF you hate those games wholla! your gonna feel the same about HP.

If anyone has even remotely watched the released videos showing gameplay it stands clear of what it is.

From one who has actually had a chance to play a slice of the game I still have my pre-order in place.

It's the kinda race game when you need to sit down, erase the day, release some aggressions, shunt & out-run some cops and put a smile on your face & feel good about it while your doing it.

A game with very little fustration & more fun factor, get it?

Nothing more!

The split screen thing is a let down, but it is what it is.

+rep.

originally posted by Ryzza5

If the physics are like PGR 4 then awesome, but if it's like Burnout Paradise then a tad less awesome. I think I'll need to try out the demo as well, or at least watch more gameplay vids on YT when they surface

Yes the physics are more like PGR4 I use Burnout series as an example of the gameplay itself. Going fast, sense of speed, driving high speed like a maniac.

Physics are above what Paradise had to offer.

Of course the demo will allow everyone that plays it to make their own assessment.

As I reviewed it elsewhere here @TDU-C http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?p=360390#post360390

you cannot simply press the e-brake button & drift around a corner. It takes a combination of brake (slowing down some) & e-brake tapping to get the car to drift correctly. If you simply press the e-brake button more than tapping you will spin your car into a 180.

Also if you are headed for a sharp curve and going to fast you WILL slide off into the fence/guard-rail.

It's not like Ridge Racer where you can easily drift & slide around a sharp turn at mega speed you do have to have SOME driving skill & sense.

But by all means it's still arcadish not sim like at all everyone think PGR4, GRID style and it's pretty close.

originally posted by Car Freak If you turn in to the corner at a reasonable speed, will the car still automatically drift? Or will it only drift if you tap the E-brake?

Yes you can get the car to drift if speed is just right.

If your speed is too much and you hit the grass, or gravel shoulder you slide towards the guard-rail and usually imapct it.

Drifting is slightly different overall than what I am used to in other racers, but not so much if feels foreign or anything like that.

In PGR 4 you simply hit the e-brake & steer correctly to drift. If your speed is right you slide right around the turn without any wall contact.

In HP you can over compensate your steering & actually do a 180 while drifting. Not unlike Forza.

If your shunted from behind during a drift or high speed corner it will cause you to have to make steering/speed corrections or into the shoulder & guard-rail you go!

It should only take most that play racers/car games a few minutes to get familiar with the physics, than maybe a few more to master the drifting aspect. It's not that difficult just a little different than previous NFS games.

I got hands on for about 8 to 10 runs in the 4 available modes.

I think I spent most time in 'Sun, Sand & Supercars' race.

;363162']How remarkable! A game developer who actually releases information about their game!

What a revolutionary concept, EA! :thumbsup: (Oh, and the Reventon roadster is awesome. Check it out.)

-Leadfot

Maybe Atari should take some lessons from EA :rolleyes:

I, personally, hate the SLS AMG's cop livery.