We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;350790']At two months a car, it'll be out in... thirty-four years and eight months! On second thought, maybe that's why its taking so long. Oh, well. At least we have a release date - November 15, 2041!

-Leadfoot

Impossible, everyone knows the world is gonna end in 2012...

Impossible, everyone knows the world is gonna end in 2012...

80565518.jpg

I know your joking, but I just have to put this in: I hated that movie. Why did I hate that movie? Simply put, it was a plotless letdown by the man who brings us only disasters movies, and it seemed to be created purely for trailers and as a technical showcase. The conflict, both character and external, were terribly thought-up and easily forgotten, while the fact that everyone was from Los Angeles (the trademark of a bad movie) just pushed any shreds of dignity and hope over a newly created cliff and into a pool of lava.

The physics and the realism normally don't bother me too much, as I am a science-fiction fan and writer, but I have to nitpick with "2012." How about this scene, which I think there are four of spread throughout the film's length?

1. A man is running from fiery death.
  2. Ground opens up behind him, keeping pace with his running speed (he's in a freshly-cleaned suit, so let's assume this is five mph).
  3. The man slips, and an attractive women who yells for him to "hurry up," in a caring voice (I didn't know they had those, but moving on :cheeky: ).
  4. The man falls off the newly-formed 50-mile tall cliff that stares into the lava reserves of the earth's crust. Out of sheer kindness, the cliff waits for him to struggle out. Propelled by generic trumpet fanfare, he does.
  5. Once he sprints to the plane (grabbing his oh-so-necessary folding tourist map of top-secret government land), the land begins to fall again, eating away at the runway.
  6. The plane, which takes fifteen minutes to warm up in real life, (or about an hour if we're referring to the Antonov that they use at one point) begins to move.
  7. The ground continues to ripple as they reach takeoff speed (let's say forty for the twin-engine prop, 190 for the Antonov), the ground continues falling away right behind them. Keep in mind it was matching pace with the man's running at just five.
  8. The plane takes off and the moment it leaves the ground falls away and - this is the good part/bad part - THE PLANE FALLS WITH IT!

Now, normally, the physics work as such that a plane, once its in the air, will stay at that altitude, no matter what the ground does beneath it. This does not happen in the fun-filled universe of death and destruction that is "2012." In 2012, every plane must fall into a crevasse that has opened in some city (which is on fire, of course). Also, the plane must be flown by a plastic surgeon and filled with Lambos and Fezzas and McLarens. And the "heroes" must choose a Bentley.

That's just one example. Want more? :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

Sorry, not reading your post as it's beyond 3 lines. Official forum syndrome setting in.

I actually read three lines and then decided to leave the rest before I read your post t.

I was more amused by the picture, I'll read the text in three-line bites as my day goes on. My mind cannot comprehend this much text without an adaquate image:text ratio.

SEE THE DOCOMENTARIS IN YOUTUBE but the prevision be 12/12/2012 sems to be a bit too coincidence:excited::excited::excited:

Go ahead, commit a suicide a day before 'the end of the world', I'll wake up the day after 'the end of the world' and I'll laugh. It's complete BS. And why do you have to use so many smileys...?

Easy guys, whether or not you believe in the reports about 21st December 2012 or not doesn't mean you can belittle those who have an opinion different to you. The truth will be known in over 2 years either way so why start worrying about it now, just live your life as you have been and if the worse happens then ah well nothing we can do about it and if not well Christmas will be only 4 days away!! :D

Come to think about it great excuse for not buying any gifts for anyone; "Sorry I never got anything cause I thought the world was going to end 4 days ago".