We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

I found out GMDestra posted that the Garages will have an 8-cars-at-a-time-visible limit because they rather focus on carquality than caramount, and that multiscreen setups are not to be expected at release, only when after release there are enough shouting for it, they can consider it.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone think that atari had no intention whatsoever to release the game on the original date, i thought it was suspect at e3, games that were being released in 2011 were being played and showed ingame footage.. wouldn't it have been better to give a more realistic date to begin with, rather than saying ok its in development and its going to be out in a few months, getting everyone exited, then saying right now its going to take twice as long as we told you it would and pissing everyone off.. dont get me wrong i would rather wait and get a better game, but blatantly lieing to our community is rubbish,

Let's face it, sure, they will use that additional time to polish the game, but the main reason why they delayed it is most likely cause of two games, NFS and GT. Sure, I'm a bit frustrated with that whole situation, but what's few more months of waiting, after all those years? Nothing. We can handle it.

On other note, I'm dying to see yet another Q7 screen... NOT! XD

That's what I'm affraid of yes, a promise of 175 (seen in trailers) to 208 (Gamespot claimed this) cars, with eventually at most the same amount of cars as in TDU1, or even less!

TDU2 is about collecting things and showing off, so there should be a bigger amount of cars imo, especially if they consider to re-use all the cars they had in TDU1, which would make up for just a few vehicles being new, and that's not really what most are waiting for.

They may use some cars from TDU but for the most part it looks like they are showing the upto date versions and this is what will be in the game. Think of the TT's for example.

Plus remember it's hard to keep Ferrari and more than likely some others happy when you involve an open world with damage, AI traffic, rollovers and police. Hopefully Ferrari realise that the only way a game will give you bad publicity is if the car randomly catches fire like it does in real life and just a few dents and body parts coming off is not an issue in regards to your identity. "OMG that virtual Ferrari's back bumper came off after a hard crash into the back of me, I'm not buying a real one if that happens in the game"

Reality can be stranger than fiction as they say!

They may use some cars from TDU but for the most part it looks like they are showing the upto date versions and this is what will be in the game. Think of the TT's for example.

Plus remember it's hard to keep Ferrari and more than likely some others happy when you involve an open world with damage, AI traffic, rollovers and police. Hopefully Ferrari realise that the only way a game will give you bad publicity is if the car randomly catches fire like it does in real life and just a few dents and body parts coming off.

Reality can be stranger than fiction as they say!

I hope so, together with some brand new stuff like the SLS or like a 9ff GT9R or something similar, new vehicles, stuff that just recently appeared.

Ferrari shouldn't cry, they were available for NFS Shift in a special DLC with full bodydamage. When I still had Shift installed it wasn't released for pc yet (they cracked the xbox dlc and converted it to pc), so I don't know about tuning.

Heard about Ferrari? No, for the simple reason the list is not yet finished. They actually are having a car of the day contest (although they skip a few days sometimes), but the list is only partially known (the entire list for all vehicles):

Dodge Viper SRT10

?????

?????

?????

?????

Ford Shelby GT500

Also, Ferrari still has a chance of appearing in TDU2, Badned said the 360CS would be in, after we saw it in a trailer. And what makes TDU2 different from Criterion's game? Both have cops, damage, open worlds, and TDU2 features a livery-editor, whereas NFS HP 2010 only gets nitrous I believe, there's no customisation of cars in HP 2010.

The NFS list was leaked was it not? I saw it posted somewhere.

And of course Ferrari has a great chance of being in TDU2 but what people don't realise is they do tend to stipulate a fair few things hence why in other games you don't find them and it's not due to exclusivity or not being able to afford them either. Ferrari are perfect for this game though just like the first one however like I said they have had quite a history when it comes to what they will allow.

Hm...

Mercedes-Benz SL65 Black Series

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

I understand these games are not that interested in Mercs and I know it ain't World Racing 1, but a bit more fantasy could have been eh.. welcome..

An SL55 gets slapped all around the track by an SL63. :p There's no way any 55 model was better than a 63 model apart from the SLR with a tuned SL55 engine.

TDU1 had nothing but outdated AMG's, the CLK-GTR and DTM are logicalwise not renewed, but the SL, SLK, CLK and CLS were outdated, last thing I personally want is another pack of outdated fantasyless Mercfleet. Every keep sticks to 300SL, CLK-GTR and a few old AMG's and the SLR, give something new this time. CL, E, C...

When did he ever say it was better in any way?

Besides, all cars get outdated at some point, it's very logical. :oook:

That's not the point, the point is that I don't understand the choise for a CLK55 AMG for ingame use in a 2007 game, when the real car got replaced TWO years before gamerelease by a more powerful, more up-to-date, facelifted CLK63. Ofcourse every car gets outdated, but these are big improvements within the same modelgeneration. That's why I'm more interested in up-to-date cars. I don't care if they won't include the SLS Black Series, the facelift of the current C-Class or the new A-Class AMG, those cars won't be introduced on time. The other ones were.

It's as if they keep using the first-model Murcielago for the next 5 years, although it has been released in several new versions the last few years.