We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fluorescent Lights

Immelmann

Does the light from fluorescents bother you?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Does the light from fluorescents bother you?

I know, this is kinda random, but we recently replaced the bulbs in my room with fluorescents and they're really bugging me. Maybe it's just the blueishness; I don't know, but I really miss yellow naturalish type light from incandescents. Or am I just weird?

Whatever the case may be, do you prefer the shade/tinge/colour/idon'tknowwhattocallit of natural light over fluorescents?

I'd prefer the yellowish light over tight blue lights. Yellowish ones make me feel comfortable and at home, blue ones make me think of officespaces.

And you're not weird in that. In Holland, there's a law that prohibits sales of old fasion glowlightbulbs, as everybody should get the environmentalfriendly energysaving lights. Nobody buys them however, for two reasons: they're more expensive, and they give lightblueish light, which makes people feel worse than with moody yellowish old lightbulbs.

So it's not entirely odd.

Anyway, I prefer the yellow. And I agree with what most people are saying about the yellows, it makes me feel at home lol. The way I angled the lamp in my room makes everything else dark, except for the area around the computer.

Is that bad? Too much light from/and around the monitor?

The flicker of fluro's can hurt my eyes after a while, I prefer the old-school light globes (I'm not even sure if they sell them around here any more). I've heard stories of others stockpiling the old ones as well, since they have skin conditions irritated by the fluro's.

We've been using them for years now because they last longer and use much less energy. But I don't think they ever bothered me apart from being very bright as soon as I turn them on. That only really bothers me at night though when someone turns them on unexpectedly.

Mine are quite yellowish, a warm yellow though. Works well in my room.