We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC Beta (Closed) Officially Underway!

Eudemon

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap. They've actually started emailing invites. Progress ftw?

They've been doing that for a while - but only for the most devoted fans. :rolleyes:

Oh, and OMGWTFBBQ! The page-top ad says this right now:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

BATTLEFIELD 3! WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD OF IT! Or, rather, why is the first official news bit in an ad?

Also, why does EA need to advertise everything with Betas? I've seen five different promo deals with "buy it now and be in the beta" invites. I've also been invited into the beta three times and still haven't ordered MoH (and don't plan to).

-Leadfoot

If Battlefield 3 turns into another Call of Duty Modern Warfare wannabe I'll actually cry.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. :(

Agreed. :( Instead of making it a high-budget imitation like everything else that has come out of EA since MW2, they give us a large-map test bed with some maps and the potential for variation and release some dev tools. Trust us, the community, to make it awesome.

-Leadfoot

If Battlefield 3 turns into another Call of Duty Modern Warfare wannabe I'll actually cry.

LOL! The battlefield series is far from CoD. The only relationship the games have is the CoD players coming to the BF series and thinking they correct way to play is to only kill the opposing team thus causing their team to lose. :rolleyes:

MoH is too close to MW2. That's why I didn't like the beta and thus will not buy the game.

LOL! The battlefield series is far from CoD. The only relationship the games have is the CoD players coming to the BF series and thinking they correct way to play is to only kill the opposing team thus causing their team to lose. :rolleyes:

MoH is too close to MW2. That's why I didn't like the beta and thus will not buy the game.

That's what BF is supposed to be. But have you played BC2? And did you notice how they just happened to announce a Vietnam DLC the moment Black Ops was announced?

I'd love to hope that's an exception, but we'll have to see.

-Leadfoot

;360496']That's what BF is supposed to be. But have you played BC2? And did you notice how they just happened to announce a Vietnam DLC the moment Black Ops was announced?

I'd love to hope that's an exception, but we'll have to see.

-Leadfoot

I do play BC2 and I am in a Game Battles clan, Art of War. (360) We are quite competitive and have finished in the top 5 the last 2 seasons. Plus, BF is due for another DLC. We've not seen much besides the same maps being used for different game modes and I doubt the Vietnam DLC has much to do with Black Ops announcing. There's been talk of this DLC through the community for quite some time. :cool: