We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Car List Revealed on Facebook

Who

What do you think of the Carlist?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Carlist?

• It's grrrrrrreat!
    • It's ok, could have been better though
    • It's *meh*
    • It's really disappointing :(
    • I'm cancelling my order/not buying/waiting till after release

Seeing the pic's of the Veyron GS with the roof on/off...makes me think! Will Caterham's have the roof for them? Ok you do have to climb out the car and make it your self, but its a point!

Just a though, although i'll be a real hardcore 7 Driver and never have the roof up if!:cool:

Also, Anyone think we'll be able to do this to the 2CV?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you are not getting my point too...

As I Said Preivously (it seems you are not reading correctly what I wrote), this is a Beta!!! and for the veyron, its a question of pragmatism.

3D Models mistakes can be fixed in a few hours so stop complaining about errors in a game that is not out already.

Do you really think they're gonna fix them? :lol:

You're not getting my point.

You can make a model as highpoly as you want, and make it as highly textured as you want and run the game it is in on a resolution larger than the average cinema in your town, but if you don't get the model and design itself correct, all the details are useless. I can give the SLR 722S Roadster the front of the latest CL65 AMG, and make it extremely high poly, and give it the highest res textures ever used in a game, but it's still awfully wrong because it's not supposed to have a flat big CL nose, but a pointy F1-inspired nose.

My points are based on modeling mistakes on both the D8 as the Veyron GS, and if óne car already has 8 rather noticable mistakes in the design and mesh itself, I think I can have reasons to doubt if they really made cars 100% like the original, since the D8 is just one example, the Veyron being the other one.

Same here.... It's sad :bsad:

Oh.

I thought the scrap cars would be old Mustangs and Range Rovers (Defenders). Cool stuff like that. Guess not.

:(

Hey, you never know, the Beetle & 2Cv could be 'Sleepers'....as a reward they could be 170Mph rockets, ok it's not real but a good easter egg of a car!:D

Am I the only one who's actually wanting to drive the Beetle? :confused:

I personally think the 2CV and Beetle are ideal easter egg cars. The idea of an easter egg is not to annihilate the game (like if they were, say, a Koenigsegg Agera and an SSC Ultimate Aero II), but to add something amusing and entertaining to it that make people say laugh rather than shout "CHEATER!" and leave the server. Plus, I'm sure we could all - in a few minutes - create some fun, low-speed games to use the easter egg cars with as our own incentive to find them. :)

-Leadfoot

And you are not getting my point too...

As I Said Preivously (it seems you are not reading correctly what I wrote), this is a Beta!!! and for the veyron, its a question of pragmatism.

3D Models mistakes can be fixed in a few hours so stop complaining about errors in a game that is not out already.

I doubt 3d models wíll be fixed, I've seen loads of shots of cars that were correctly modeled, then made it into TDU1 with parts missing all over, including the Miura that was meant to be a Jota version I believe, and the CLK55 missing 2 of 4 exhaust tips.

And I won't stop complaining till it's fixed. That's what it took to get wheelblur done, and that's what it took for all of you to get that club thing fixed.

Hmm, not that bad at all. If you could post pics of the SLS AMG.......*hint*

I can't really be bothered that Lamborghini isn't in, I mean. It would be great if they were in, but it's not the worst thing. I hope at least the devs fix the handling, and than it'll be fine with me.

edit: @CLR-GTR, the Miura wasn't supposed to be a Jota. That would've been a extra version. And the CLK55 AMG always has two exhaust tips. TDU1 simply just had the facelift version.

If were taking requests for Car pic's...The D-Type Jag or Lotus 2-Elevan Would be a nice pic! :cool:

Has anyone else see how when buying a car theres 3 box's at the bottom? Ones for Painting, ones for adding stickers and others for Tuning(i'm guessing), Its intresting to see who cars allow what! The SLS has all box's ticked, but Ferrari only had the Stickers one!

Intresting to note me thinks!

@David: wipers don't work, they were too difficult to make for Eden.

They said the same about 900*-steering-animation. Utter bs... If they wanted to, they would do this. They are to lazy, lets be honest. Hate to say, but I think Eden/Atari want to earn as much money as possible without much work putted in the game, which will kill this game.

Has anyone else see how when buying a car theres 3 box's at the bottom? Ones for Painting, ones for adding stickers and others for Tuning(i'm guessing), Its intresting to see who cars allow what! The SLS has all box's ticked, but Ferrari only had the Stickers one!

Intresting to note me thinks!

They might be ornamental, I'm afraid. It would be an interesting idea (and useful, because I was annoyed in TDU at the surprising lack of "special paint" for certain vehicles), but I'm not seeing any difference in the bars from the Italia pics to the SLS pics. :(

EDIT: @Camryt: Call them what you will, but that's business - literally. The idea of a business is to "earn as much money as possible without much work." Atari is already going above the requirements, and think of the time (which, for a game developer, equals some degree of cost) involved in creating a feature like you mentioned. Take 900-degree steering animation; after all, it took TDU's modders ages to make the wheel not run into the character's hands. Wipers, too, are an uneven balance of effort and reward; they're different for each car, and the paths of individual water droplets (which are probably random and speed-sensitive anyway) have to have their own algorithms for behavior - otherwise it would look like crap and people would complain forever.

The reason people loved TDU (and already love TDU2) is because of the little things that they did include in the game, so let's not get too picky about what they didn't. :)

-Leadfoot

;379699']The idea of a business is to "earn as much money as possible without much work."

Hm, I think u mixed up the goal of an individual with goal of a business company. Company doesn't care about the amount of work of each employee, all they care is the optimal input-profit ratio. There are lots of ways to achieve this but none of these includes working as little as possible.

With a little work, they won't have a quality and competitive product in the market and that's for sure.

U may better put it this way. 'Work as hard as u can, for the lowest wages which is 'barely' enough to keep u working...' :D