We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My seven days off work starts now, well not now actually, but on Monday. All of next week off and then the Monday and Tuesday the week after. Ten days on total including weekends which I don't work anyway, I think I'll try and turn into as much of a couch potatoe (or whatever the bed equivilent is) as possible :p

• 3 weeks later...

Had an awesome day!

Went for a drive up into the peak district with my other half. Found some great roads and a race, which was funny as the very old Corsa got stuck trying to overtake another car for about a mile on the wrong side of the road. Not sure how the Corsa was so fast because I was barely keeping up with it and the Astra sport had trouble stopping it from overtaking.

And now the weather will be crappy again. :(

Drove a brand new Taurus SHO yesterday. Thing had BALLS! to spare. Today, Bill one of the sales guys randomly started playing bag pipes in the middle of the dealership, and had one of the funniest coffee break ever. all in all a good day.

Went to the NY auto show. Sat in a bunch of cars, some worth mentioning are the 760Li, BRZ, FR-S, Impreza WRX STi, LX570, S550, 5 Series (F10), etc. It was great. :D

Up until the point where I went to the SLS roadster (which was locked) and somebody behind me said: "This is the SLS! It has 6.3 cylinders."

:fp2:

Guest MrLolololXD

Up until the point where I went to the SLS roadster (which was locked) and somebody behind me said: "This is the SLS! It has 6.3 cylinders."

:fp2:

LOL! LOLOLOLOLOL! :rofl: :rofl2: :crackup:

What was the FR-S like inside?

What was the FR-S like inside?

The one I got in was an auto with paddles, but it was a nice place to be. The materials don't make you feel like you're in an entry level car or something like that, even for a somewhat similar price. It's even got Alcantara seats. Steering wheel was nice, wish it was a bit fatter though. Didn't get to spend too much time in it as a bunch of people were waiting. :(

Now, I'm 5'10" (or 1.55m according to an online converter) and I didn't feel cramped inside. I did get to ask a booth representative what the difference was between the FR-S and the BRZ and she said apart from looks, Subaru stiffened their suspension on the BRZ.

Guest MrLolololXD

Ok, it sounds pretty cool. I want to have a look at one when they arrive in Australia, but I'm worried about my height

I'm 6'4" (or about 2 metres) D: DAMN MY TALLNESS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this is more like my week then my day, but I'll get onto today in a minute. So on Tuesday I was chilling with a couple of my friends and a very cute girl came up to me and started hitting on me asking me what I was doing during the weekrnd. Being the suave sophisticated womanizer I am (Thats a lie actually, I am none of those things) I got her number and now I have a movie date this weekend. And today, the weather was actually bearable (only 98 degrees Ferinheit is bearable when its usually 110) so I went and skated one of my favorite spots in town with a friend of mine.

Car passed its M.O.T. today, so she's all set for another year and roughly another 12,000 miles on the road. Been worrying about it all week because the thing constantly sounds like it's falling apart :p

Got an advisory for my exhaust blowing slightly, but I know where and why that is. Handbrake is also just within the efficiency limits, but I cba with that because it works fine as far as I'm concerned, lol. To be honest I couldn't care less about the advisories as long as I didn't get one about a knackered rear axle which the 306s suffer with a lot. If the rear axle went it would be scrap time for the car.

Not as good as last year though, it didn't get one advisory last year, but the car was hardly being used back then where as it is doing 50+ miles a day now. Just need to look at the air conditioning because it's never worked and the car is a complete sweat-box in this current weather.