We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

Guest MrLolololXD

Errr... Tafe is kinda like university, but the whole campus focuses on one subject. So in my case, my TAFE is an automotive campus. I go there for a whole week every 2 months or so.

---------- Post added at 00:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 AM ----------

Yes, what Devin said :p

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

University = College, etc, for academics

TAFE is is more vocational based technical stuff for certain trades. Not as prestigious but these days it doesn't really matter what certificates you hold (at least in IT)

As far as TAFE goes I have Certificate II in Music Industry (recording studios, concert technician, sound engineer basics) and Certificate IV in IT

Car serviced and cleaned. Weekend's goal sorted. Don't know why but it takes an extra half a turn of the starter to get the thing to start now, I originally just thought it was some air left in the fuel after I'd changed the fuel filter, but it's still doing it. I also primed it quite a bit before I turned the car on initially. Runs well other than that.

One more important issue is that the sump plug was leaking a bit of oil so I think the threads are knackered. I've bodged it for now, but I'll need to probably buy a new sump next year.

Ah, I meant my violin class! I play the violin. No, I am not posting in the "Post Your Music" thread yet. :cheeky:

I believe it's because his daughter might attend the school. He was doing a tour of the whole school. A few years ago, Madonna visited the school, and now her daughter attends. The school requires auditions for different "arts" studios, but the celebrities get in no matter what.

Also, apparently Alec Baldwin also visited last year, but I don't know why.

Saw Chelsee Healey (UK people might know her from the program Waterloo Road) in Ross-on-Wye today, I walked past her like I didn't care and she was gutted*

As I was walking towards her I thought "Hmmm, that girl likes a lot like the girl from Waterloo Road, it's almost uncanny, but surely she wouldn't be in this sleepy little town".

Then the next person I walk past was like "OH MY GOD IT'S CHELSEE HEALEY FROM WATERLOO ROAD". Then I realised. For some reason it didn't even click that there were a couple of girls posing with her for a photograph.

With Richard Hammond living close to Ross-on-Wye I would expect to see him before any other celebrity, but I've yet to see him.

*She didn't care, obviously.

Not really a good day, but I just wanted to share that :p

Truth be told, it's the same where ever you go in the U.K., but you do get certain areas where they seem to crop up more.

In other news, I bought some Poorboy's White Diamond for my car last week, so I set about applying that after I'd done the standard clean on the car today. Topped it off with Collinite 476S. I think that will have to do until Winter is over now, but come March and it'll be time to strip all of the products off and then clay, polish/glaze then wax again ready for the more Summery weather.

Sounds weird, but I love the feel of the bodywork on the car after I've put some Collinite on it. It's so smooth. The neighbours must think I'm very weird.

I wish I had money to buy some new car care products, because cleaning the imterior with a bit smelly towel and water ain't good. The paintwork needs to be machined polished as well. I've been looking for machine polishers, but they are pricey so I think I'll have to stay with hand waxing. Just need to find a relatively cheep more abrasive polish than my AG Super Resin is.

I should stop dreaming. :hmmm:

I'm still polishing by hand, I've got a couple of polishing pads which is slightly better than just rubbing the polish around with a cloth/microfibre towel. I keep looking at DA polishers, but I don't think they'll make much difference to the swirl marks I have with the time I've got to spare at the moment.

I'm happy enough with the paint as it is at the moment, I've still got some swirl marks, but thankfully I had a sensible head on and bought a light coloured car which hides them well enough until you shine a light up close to the paint. It's good enough that the people I work with (including women) notice how much shinier my car is when it's parked next to the bosses Audi A6 which just has standard washes and is 10 years newer. Strangely enough I'm more interested in what the beaded rain water looks like rather than how good the reflections are :p

We have a white car, but every morning when I go to school and switch on the lights in the garage, swirls are visible and they are driving me crazy. Shame that AG SRP only fills the scratches and not fixes them (that's what I found out today on DW, but it is true though). Gtechnig P1 doesn't look bad, or is Poorboys White Diamond better? I was told the Gtechnig is one of the best hand-applied polish on the market. :mhmm:

By the way, I don't what if I prefer reflections or beaded water. Maybe both, because when it rained the day I finished detailing it, I was just drooling over the beaded water. :lol:

We have a white car, but every morning when I go to school and switch on the lights in the garage, swirls are visible and they are driving me crazy. Shame that AG SRP only fills the scratches and not fixes them (that's what I found out today on DW, but it is true though). Gtechnig P1 doesn't look bad, or is Poorboys White Diamond better? I was told the Gtechnig is one of the best hand-applied polish on the market. :mhmm:

By the way, I don't what if I prefer reflections or beaded water. Maybe both, because when it rained the day I finished detailing it, I was just drooling over the beaded water. :lol:

Yeah, I've looked at Gtechniq P1, I did consider buying it, but it was quite expensive the last time I looked at it.

If you're just looking to mask swirl marks and you're going to put some tough wax or sealant on top of it then I don't think AutoGlym SRP does a bad job. I think Poorboy's White Diamond is similar in that it just masks swirl marks in a slightly different way by cleaning them first and then filling them, but it also adds a bit more of a shine as it is a glaze as well.

Something a lot more abrasive like P1 would be the one to go for if you were looking to do a proper job of it and actually remove the swirl marks.

I found this pretty impressive the first time I watched it:

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo, week off work, yeah!

My challenge for the week is to change the rear brake discs and pads on the car as they've needed doing since this time last year. I'm expecting rusty brake/hub screws and dodgy brake pad spring clips just to take the car off the road for the week. Although I want to give the car a rest from its usual 300 mile week anyway, but I just thought it might be a good time to get one or two short driving videos in instead of uploading yawn-fest game-play footage to YouTube all of the time, especially if the weather is nice, but I don't think it's meant to be.

Then the rest of the week I hope to do sod all.

Just got a torque arm insert fitted this evening after work to stiffen things up in the engine bay, working very well so far, only downside atm is I get vibrations through the brake pedal when stationary (it's like a massive V8 muscle car with huge exhaust is parked next to me), part of me likes it a bit but I'm told it'll settle down after a week.

So anyway I'm driving down a 2 lane road where at the traffic lights there's a third lane on the left that lasts a few hundred metres. Basically anyone who goes in that lane is likely to try and beat a few cars off the lights. I was following a fast Commodore (four exhaust pipes and sounded like a V8), and there was a Subaru hatch on the other side. I was just gonna follow the car since I know how powerful they are, but I thought just for giggles I'll go in the left lane, switched to manual mode.

Lights go green, and we were neck and neck for first gear (never floor it in first otherwise wheelspin results), then a very quick DSG shift up and I pull a car length in front of him. Reckon he would've been just a tad surprised as there is nothing sporty-looking about my little 1.4L Golf :cheeese: Not sure if the WRX (those newer hatch ones) was trying coz it was further back. No doubt if my lane didn't merge that quickly and if there was no speed limit he would've easily got back in front - but by the time we stopped accelerating I'd already hit 100 (slightly uphill).

Anyway that made my day. :)

Oh and my boss told me to take Monday off, Tuesday is a public holiday, and I don't work Wednesday :excited: