We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2's First 10 Minutes of Hell

Elder_of_Lyons

This is basically a thread pointing out these aspects, that were made very clear from the footage we've seen:

-Why do the characters seem to be Wax Sculptures rather than human beings? (not really important though)

-I know its a dream, but why is there a party going on a 6pm where a bunch of multiracial characters are standing there dancing like freaks, not talking with each other, not drinking, ...? (not really important)

-Why do we hear a beautifull roaring sound coming from the Ferrari California in the cutscene, and then in the actual gameplay its a low and synthetic sound just like the ones from TDU1?

-Why is it that the character is driving a convertible at 130 mph and there is no wind sound, don't they know that there is something in nature called wind, and that when you drive at high speeds in a convertible the only thing you can actually hear clearly is the wind blowing?

(

) Not a great example though :o

-Why are the braking sound (tyres screeching etc...) so bad in EVERY videogame?

-Why does it seems like the engine is having a seizure whenever there is a jump? Yes, the engine sound in the jumps seems like a robot having a seizure!

-Why does it seem like one is always driving at 30 mph? Where is the sense of speed, where is the sense of acceleration, of braking, of changing gears...?

-Does EDEN think that Ibiza only has 50 people as its population? Judging by the ammount of traffic on the roads it seems it may be true? What about a traffic option like (Off, Low, Normal, High)?

-Again, its just exaggerated, man, you are driving through Ibiza's main streets and there is 1 or 2 cars every mile or so??? IN THREE MILES (from the hotel to Solar Crown) YOU SEE EXACTLY 10 CARS, 10 CARS ON THE STREETS????

-Does anyone share the feeling that there should be people on the streets, esplanadas and beaches, even if they were just for show, something like Midnight Club. Really it would add to the athmosphere. In TDU, Ibiza seems like it was attacked by Zombies or something. Ibiza is all about people shopping, partying and going to the beaches during the afternoon.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More cars + peds require more Internet bandwidth to sync them between the server and all the players. You could in theory increase the traffic in offline mode - but then you need a better video card to keep up, I'm not sure how fully utilized the console hardware is.

I thought the braking sounds in TDU2 were better than a lot of games - instead of always screeching/skidding - you can actually hear the brakes squeak instead of the tires disintegrate. Sense of speed isn't too bad either.

I don't understand why no one in gaming business has ever noticed that cars drift a bit and the tyres screech a lot when you accelerate from 0 to ..., I don't know how to explain, it just seems that the cars act too soft in video games. Cars are aggressive, powerfull even scary, I only get that feeling from NFS Shift, but Shift sucks, I don't wanna cruise around in a closed track:D

So I really hoped TDU2 could bring the emotion of driving to the real roads.

Lets face it, most of us in this forum (at least I think) can't afford super sports cars, so driving around in TDU is perhaps the closest thing will get from being that stupid rich guy who has a Ferrari but can't even drive it properly. That is why I expect so much from this game, its the only game that lets you get close to a reality that exists but isn't at our reach.

Sorry, If I am too agressive some times, but c'mon, Sense of Speed, Engine Sounds and lots of traffic for crazy maneuvers are the most important things in this game I guess.

Jesus Christ. Will you EVER stop whining about that video. They will NOT change anything anymore.

...basically it means the final version(s) have been completed and are sent away ready for printing and packing to prepare for it's release when we will all be playing it in February. :D

Just shut up. You have made it clear that you don't like the game. Then don't buy it.

...basically it means the final version(s) have been completed and are sent away ready for printing and packing to prepare for it's release when we will all be playing it in February. :D

Just shut up. You have made it clear that you don't like the game. Then don't buy it.

Next on Bravo, when Multiquotes and Copy & Paste go wrong!

:ef:

As quoted from the original video thread:

TBH, everyone needs to chill out about it :lol:

Why does eveything have to be so realistic these days in games?

A Game is a game. Fictional/Virtual in every way. If you want to experience with the real car, then go buy or go to one of the many car shows all over the world :thumbsup:

Jesus Christ. Will you EVER stop whining about that video. They will NOT change anything anymore.

Man, one of the reasons forums are made, is for people to comment on the flaws they think the games have, so people can share their ideas and make games better and closer to what the community desires.

First off, I like the game, I LOVE the game, that is why I spend so much time in this forum.

If you don't like what I say, you are the one who has to shut up, because most of my posts are complains about something, but it seems most of yours are about shutting up people and I think that is not, very important at all. If anyone is to shut me up, its gonna be the administrator when I brake any rule, not you.

So if you are so tired after school, go sleep, cause no one is throwing my posts at your face, you open them and read them because you want to. I work all day to win 500€ at the end of the month, and videogames in my country cost 69.99€ at release, so the next time just shut up someone instead of complaining about being tired, cause you don't know what that is. Its just not so easy to buy a game, even when you like it, when it costs a fifth of your salary, so you just go back to your happy little school and I go back to paying bills and taxes ok?

As quoted from the original video thread:

TBH, everyone needs to chill out about it :lol:

Why does eveything have to be so realistic these days in games?

A Game is a game. Fictional/Virtual in every way. If you want to experience with the real car, then go buy or go to one of the many car shows all over the world :thumbsup:

I understand if an RPG or Platformer doesn't aim for reality, but racing games have been aiming for reality and that is the desire of the car fans, better graphics, sounds and physics that seem real. I completely understand you but I guess this is the kind of game that lets you do things you wish were real, and even the producers aimed for more realism, I think racing games should aim to be as real as possible, at least some, I wish TDU were one of them.:p

Of course, this is my personal opinion:thumbsup:

Easy now, differing view and opinions will happen and of course you can't make a proper judgement until you have the title yourself or have played it yourself. No need to get worked up whether you are in the Happy Camp or the Grumpy Camp. Join My Camp; Insane Camp!

Speaking of which it's time to dance; :bunny:

Easy now, differing view and opinions will happen and of course you can't make a proper judgement until you have the title yourself or have played it yourself. No need to get worked up whether you are in the Happy Camp or the Grumpy Camp. Join My Camp; Insane Camp!

Speaking of which it's time to dance; :bunny:

MAN, INSANE CAMP, REALLY??? I think you are the only SANE man here!!!:thumbsup:

I could have said A LOT but as Diabs got inbeforetherant I won't bother saying all of it anymore.

...so you just go back to your happy little school and I go back to paying bills and taxes ok?

You think a students life is easy then? Having almost 12-hour days every weekday except weekends and tuesdays is pretty tiring you know. Almost all of my free time goes into homework. Thankfully I get food for free because I can still live with my parents but if I wouldn't have that option, I'd also have to get a job just in order to pay for the food and the house. So just stop being so "mr. big guy" when you have been here for a month and think I'm in preschool or something. Come out of the box. I'm in high school ffs. It's not exactly "happy little school"

Now I am totally completely finished. And calm.

Look I know what High School is like, but that is no reason to just tell me to shut up every time I write something, if you don't like my ideas or complains, keep it to yourself. The time you spend telling me to shut up could be time you would spend resting.

Second, I am not a big boy, I have finished college 2 years ago, but unfortunately in Portugal you finish college to go work in stupid jobs that have nothing to do with the things you studied for 4 years in the University.

its natural to get angry when someone doesn't have the same points of view, but one thing is to explain why you disagree and share your point of view, other thing is to act childishly and just tell someone to shut up and complain that one is too tired to have to read my whinings. I don't want to discuss these matters anymore, I am just asking you to be more polite and objective.

Good Luck with your studying!:thumbsup:

fine. you have made your points about what you do and dont like about what you have seen so far. any further comments about it would be akin to beating a dead horse. and quite frankly we have MORE than enough negative viewpoint posts relating to the previews and videos we have seen so far.

if you dont like what you see, just dont buy it, and move on. but continuing with the negative nonsense will just wind up with more people getting as tired of it as Superhyper and myself. we know their are problems, we dont need somebody constantly griping about it to remind us.

Well, I am very sorry if I have annoyed you with my comments.

You like to blind yourselves to think everything is perfect, so you won't get disappointed. You don't want to be playing the game thinking about what it could have been, you want to be conformist. This is what we have, this is what we will like! Players like to lie to themselves so they don't think of the possibilities.

No one is angry at the car list no more, even I, have already said to myself that the car list is nice. They know people like the general idea of the game, they know that when we like something from the beginning its very hard to let go, so they just give whatever they want and we will all end up buying.

They have spend 4 years programming, and the same problems continue there. There are a few cars more than the first one had, the engine sounds are still synthesised and crappy, the physics are poor, there is no sense of speed, there is very low traffic, the characters still look weird like made of wax or something.

But you know what, I am gonna buy the game either way, cause I am just like everyone else. We all end up seeing the best out of a bad picture. The thing is, they know it, and they keep playing with the fans, cause they know we will buy the game even if there are only 29 cars and they sound like farts. This is the reason I am so angry, things can be better, they always can.

Why isn't every single car ever made ever in the game? Why isn't the weather and time sync'd in real time with Ibiza? Why can't we all be on one giant server all playing on the same island? Why don't we add realistic police and jailtime? Why can't we have the entire world as TDU2? Why can you put your roof up while going 200 mph?

Want to know why? Because it's a freaking game, it won't have everything you ever wanted, that's what real life is for. Want to cruise around in a Ferrari with wind noise, tire noise, correct exhaust sounds? Go work your ass off and buy one.

You like to blind yourselves to think everything is perfect, so you won't get disappointed. You don't want to be playing the game thinking about what it could have been, you want to be conformist. This is what we have, this is what we will like! Players like to lie to themselves so they don't think of the possibilities.

Maybe I am a comformist but theres 1 reason why this game IS brilliant: socialization. I don't know any better racing games than TDU for just cruising and hanging out with your friends + making new friends. TDU2 adds another island + new cars + even more on the social side and I have many friends who have preordered so I am certainly going to have fun with TDU2.

See you people on X360's Ibiza in about 20 days :pf:

Well, I am very sorry if I have annoyed you with my comments.

No one is angry at the car list no more, even I, have already said to myself that the car list is nice. They know people like the general idea of the game, they know that when we like something from the beginning its very hard to let go, so they just give whatever they want and we will all end up buying.

They have spend 4 years programming, and the same problems continue there. There are a few cars more than the first one had, the engine sounds are still synthesised and crappy, the physics are poor, there is no sense of speed, there is very low traffic, the characters still look weird like made of wax or something.

But you know what, I am gonna buy the game either way, cause I am just like everyone else. We all end up seeing the best out of a bad picture. The thing is, they know it, and they keep playing with the fans, cause they know we will buy the game even if there are only 29 cars and they sound like farts. This is the reason I am so angry, things can be better, they always can.

I know you're trying to change things by offering constructively criticizing posts, and that's valiant of you; I also appreciate that you can put together coherent sentences (which is more than can be said for a lot of people who post complaints about games), and that you have good points. But I've had a pretty dynamic past five years in terms of video games - TDU was delayed for seven months, and when it came out it was filled with glitches and often broke. I bought the game four times, in fact, which was exacerbated by the horrendously Atari customer service. But what I realized after about three of those years is that if you want to change something, you've got to do it yourself.

Part of this is, yes, gathering attention online. But most of the time this is not enough. Most of the time, your argument is coming from a niche group. It's pointless to look at a future game through rose-tinted Raybands and hope it turns out well, but it's equally pointless to expect a to make a change for a very small percentage of people. This is why I got into modding, and why I began to study and pursue other programs (such as CryEngine). The ideal game for all of us is definitely out there, but sometimes the best we can do is mold existing programs into the shapes we want.

Now I'm not saying that we should all try to mod TDU2 from day one (though some people will undoubtedly try to do that), but we should make allowances for the fact it's just a game. It's a flawed game, yes - we can all see that - but it's someone's vision of a game. It may be watered down, but it's still a vision that we need to choose to play. If you like it, that's your choice. If you don't, then it's up to you to create something new.

-Leadfoot

I honestly think if the physics were like GRID - those who wanted more of a sim would sigh but get over it. But when Eden keep asking for feedback and say they're working to bring back H mode and make it better, only to find each new update is still horrendous, makes this little proverb ring true: "Expectation postponed is making the heart sick". :)

This is basically a thread pointing out these aspects, that were made very clear from the footage we've seen:

-Why do the characters seem to be Wax Sculptures rather than human beings? (not really important though)

-I know its a dream, but why is there a party going on a 6pm where a bunch of multiracial characters are standing there dancing like freaks, not talking with each other, not drinking, ...? (not really important)

-Why do we hear a beautifull roaring sound coming from the Ferrari California in the cutscene, and then in the actual gameplay its a low and synthetic sound just like the ones from TDU1?

-Why is it that the character is driving a convertible at 130 mph and there is no wind sound, don't they know that there is something in nature called wind, and that when you drive at high speeds in a convertible the only thing you can actually hear clearly is the wind blowing?

(

) Not a great example though :o

-Why are the braking sound (tyres screeching etc...) so bad in EVERY videogame?

-Why does it seems like the engine is having a seizure whenever there is a jump? Yes, the engine sound in the jumps seems like a robot having a seizure!

-Why does it seem like one is always driving at 30 mph? Where is the sense of speed, where is the sense of acceleration, of braking, of changing gears...?

-Does EDEN think that Ibiza only has 50 people as its population? Judging by the ammount of traffic on the roads it seems it may be true? What about a traffic option like (Off, Low, Normal, High)?

-Again, its just exaggerated, man, you are driving through Ibiza's main streets and there is 1 or 2 cars every mile or so??? IN THREE MILES (from the hotel to Solar Crown) YOU SEE EXACTLY 10 CARS, 10 CARS ON THE STREETS????

-Does anyone share the feeling that there should be people on the streets, esplanadas and beaches, even if they were just for show, something like Midnight Club. Really it would add to the athmosphere. In TDU, Ibiza seems like it was attacked by Zombies or something. Ibiza is all about people shopping, partying and going to the beaches during the afternoon.

My Lord, you absolutely must have ran out of things to complain about.

Have you considered what it takes to make a game of this size?