We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

3D confirmed on PC version

sfy2004

In a post made by galop1n over at TDU2.com, he confirmed that TDU2 will officially be 3D capable:

"Hi,

The 3D version was my last engagement i wish to complete before i left Eden Games. I have implemented a fully functional 3D rendering and glitch free version of the game to enjoy a great 3D experience. You will be able to set up modes like anaglyph and 3d vision (our own and not the automatic driver version that was full of glitches and much more expensive) and set the monitor diagonal to achieve the best results. You will be able to tweak the depth strength ingame with short-keys. The photo mode work in 3d too and your friends will see them as 3d too on your house frames and MyTDULife if they play in 3D too. I talk about PC only...

galop1n."

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=20259

so, for those of you set up to use this, here ya go.

this may have been confirmed before, but this is what the Developer posted. so its fresh news.

While I am not getting this for PC but the Xbox rather, I still can't jump onboard with this 3d stuff. I am going to purchase a new TV with my tax refund next week so I've been shopping around quite a bit. I just can't get excited about it, I just prefer to watch a plane Jane TV, instead of some 3d one with glasses. I dunno just doesn't feel or look right.

I am glad to see that it is being supported for those of you who have spent quite a large sum of money acquiring the required equipment for 3d.

You give me one of these, I'd be happy enough. Best part: no special glasses!!!!

*snip*

Good ol' days.

Anyone here played the version of that called and featuring the Ferrari 355 Challenge? It had a life-sized steering wheel, reverse-mounted pedals, and a heavy long-throw shifter - it was the best arcade game I've ever played. Realistic, too. The clutch was tricky, and the car would leap around and understeer if the tires weren't properly warmed. Triple screens, of course. I think it even had interior view.

They've since disappeared (they were from when the 355 was new), but they were one of the most realistic games I've ever played. I saw one two years ago during a camp pizza party, and it was still functioning. It's probably gone by now, but man was it fun.

Good ol' days, indeed. :)

-Leadfoot

;389456']Anyone here played the version of that called and featuring the Ferrari 355 Challenge? It had a life-sized steering wheel, reverse-mounted pedals, and a heavy long-throw shifter - it was the best arcade game I've ever played. Realistic, too. The clutch was tricky, and the car would leap around and understeer if the tires weren't properly warmed. Triple screens, of course. I think it even had interior view.

They've since disappeared (they were from when the 355 was new), but they were one of the most realistic games I've ever played. I saw one two years ago during a camp pizza party, and it was still functioning. It's probably gone by now, but man was it fun.

Good ol' days, indeed. :)

-Leadfoot

Yes.. I loved that thing, I pratically learnt to drive with it xD I wonder if you can buy them anywhere/how expensive they are xD

I'll admit that I'm suprised that they havent tryed to flog the 3D on the PS3 edtion as well!

Not that It'll matter with me, but just saying! Nice to know they put work into it!:cool:

Although, How 3D? I have TrackMania:United Forever, and its got a very simple 3D function on it! even providing the 3D glasses!(all it did was have a sort of Red shadow, nothing huge but was more HDish than 3D, but nice!)

Anyone else Know what im on about?

Yes.. I loved that thing, I pratically learnt to drive with it xD I wonder if you can buy them anywhere/how expensive they are xD

I found one on ebay for 5,000. But that is a single cabinet single screen with side by side option for head to head racing. I'd estimate that it would be at least 15,000 with the monitors and other hooks up that it had. But I always thought it would be cool to do something like that with a multiple monitor set-up on the computer. I know they exist I just wish those options were more prevalent.