We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No Ferrari 458 in Xbox 360 TDU2??

t.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not pissed off that M$ has the 458 licenses or whatever, I'm more angry at the fact that the developers did not tell us this and tbh, I'm more glad we found out this way than to go on launch day and see that it isn't there..

Don't get me wrong, I'm mad that it isn't there, but I would be more mad had I had to find out myself.

You care about the F458 that much?

its not the car its the fact that they are leaving out something that evryone else can get but you cant have because the people that make your console are a bunch of money sucking leeches. Bill Gates, you have enough money stop making the Ferrari 458 a monoply

+rep

This is exactly it, had this come to light 1+ month(s) before the release fair enough there would be people venting and such but then the hatred would turn on M$ or people would just be like "ah well, nothing can be done about it" but to wait this long ...in fact wait it's not actually Eden or Atari telling us this it was GALOP1N an ex-Eden employee so in effect we weren't even told and may not have been until we had the game ourselves.

Now that is just abysmal.

You also have remembered that Galop1n isn't even working for Eden any more and he bothered to still go for answering. Thus why even if I don't have an xBox360, I find this surprise rather unpolite...

Atari could still say that the car list isn't officially revealed as it is still absent from the official TDU2.com site :twisted:

its not the car its the fact that they are leaving out something that evryone else can get but you cant have because the people that make your console are a bunch of money sucking leeches. Bill Gates, you have enough money stop making the Ferrari 458 a monoply

Well I know you're angry at M$ (and quite possibly EA too) for being a bit greedy and maybe selfish, but tbh, I think it's mostly because they are a powerhouse in the gaming industry. They have a lot of more money than Atari and because of that, they have the power to do almost whatever they want.

It's sort of like a man in a shed with a hammer trying to build a car to beat Lambo. He just can't!

I don't like it either, but I think it's just the way things run. If Atari was really dedicated to TDU2, they'd spend more money on it. And so would Eden.

The loss of the 458 itself doesn't bother me a great deal. Sure, it's a great car. But there are still many great cars in the game.

What bothers me is what bothers most people. Why they waited this long to tell us that the car is not in the game is beyond me and rather disturbing. If this is the kind of community outreach we can expect from Atari throughout TDU2, then I am not very excited lol.

I TOTALLY DESAPPROVE all secrets that could be in defavor of the customer, NDA is a juridic trick, and GALOP1N is cool... yes I'm pissed off Grrrr

GALOP1N : "Oui, c'est moi qui l'ai dit à un pauvre membre du forum officiel qui désespérait de la trouver, il avait fouillé tout les concessionnaires ^^ C'est pour une fois quelque chose que microsoft nous as fait subir (La raison qu'on m'a donné c'est qu'il y aurait déjà trop eu de jeu avec la 458 selon eux... Mais à mon avis, c'est qu'une moitié de la vérité). Ce qui m'embête plus, c'est que pour une question d'équité, on a retiré une autre voiture des versions PC/PS3 pour qu'elle remplace la 458 sur X360..."

translation : Yes it's me who told a poor lost member from official forum that couldn't find it, he had looked in all car concessions ^^For once, it's someting M$ have made to us (the given reason was that there was already too many games including the 458, according to them... But I have a feeling it's only half true). What annoys me more, is that for being equal, a car has been withdrawed from the PC/PS3 versions, to replace the missing 458 on x360...

You have read the message ? Less cars, for ALL VERSIONS, because of M$ yes, but hidden from us by Atari-Eden-Namco-Bandaï, reavealed by an ex-Eden... Daaaallaaaaass !!!!

Guest mr cars

Greedy, money grabbing M$.

Oh wait I have a PS3. What? This affects PS3 and PC users too! Another reason why I hate M$ and also a reason why I didn't buy an Xbox: The greedy company that control the games and the DLC, who happen to want their own games to be superior, while damaging their own consoles reputation.

Greedy, money grabbing M$.

Oh wait I have a PS3. What? This affects PS3 and PC users too! Another reason why I hate M$ and also a reason why I didn't buy an Xbox: The greedy company that control the games and the DLC, who happen to want their own games to be superior, while damaging their own consoles reputation.

Finally some one who gets what i have been trying to say about these evil empires!...Microsoft and EA are afraid of the competition not cool i guess this is not going to stop until there the only ones making the games pushing every one out. Thats just horrible and disgusting behavior...I don't have a problem moving back to my ps3 hopefully they can secure the exclusive rights for tdu 3 if there will ever be another one with all the screwing up going on with this one.

I don't understand why M$ would be afraid of Atari/Eden. Imo, they target 2 different groups of racing gamers.

Forza 3 targets the hardcore racers who want to have the most realistic driving experience the Xbox 360 can offer. (at the moment)

TDU2 on the other hand targets those who are willing to give up some realism to have fun with friends doing things such as cruising around a huge island rather than doing 20 laps in the same track.

That's just my opinion. I see no reason why M$ would be scared.

well, here is what GM Destra had to say about this lovely little mess:

Hey Everyone,

This is confirmed. The Ferrari 458 will not be available in the Xbox version due to licensing restrictions beyond our control.

We're very sorry that this information wasn't published earlier, and agree that it should have been published at the same time the official car list went live. Unfortunately there was an internal miscommunication and this information didn't make it to the public as quickly as we would have preferred.

As we appreciate our fans on all platforms equally, we've made sure to even things out between the platforms. I'll be posting the specifics as soon as I have them. Target ETA is Monday (note: some players have posted potential information on this already, but I have to wait until I get approval before I can post the official confirmation on this). Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Rest assured - even with these minor modifications to the car list, TDU2 will still be one of the best racing titles of all time. You can count on that!

well, here is what GM Destra had to say about this lovely little mess:

Hey Everyone,

This is confirmed. The Ferrari 458 will not be available in the Xbox version due to licensing restrictions beyond our control.

We're very sorry that this information wasn't published earlier, and agree that it should have been published at the same time the official car list went live. Unfortunately there was an internal miscommunication and this information didn't make it to the public as quickly as we would have preferred.

As we appreciate our fans on all platforms equally, we've made sure to even things out between the platforms. I'll be posting the specifics as soon as I have them. Target ETA is Monday (note: some players have posted potential information on this already, but I have to wait until I get approval before I can post the official confirmation on this). Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Rest assured - even with these minor modifications to the car list, TDU2 will still be one of the best racing titles of all time. You can count on that!

Love the part where he says "Unfortunately there was an internal miscommunication and this information didn't make it to the public as quickly as we would have preferred."

And this was my answer @ tdu2.com:

"I'm sorry but I'm too old to buy this. I've always appreciated the fact you give us all the info you can and I'm thankful for it, but this is no minor detail to be just forgotten. If the info just couldn't be released because somebody took the marvelous decision of fooling all the Xbox gamers we won't have other choice but to just forget about it (isn't that what that person, or persons, thought when decided to hide this??). Whoever was it I admire for being so cold with customers."

I've never understood the license issues if I was a big car organisation I would want every car in every game. How else are these guys going to want my cars if they've never seen them let alone drive them. I would make sure my cars were as public as possible. That way if you can afford one you'll get one or want one on your wall to dream one day of owning it.