We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Member Reviews

superhyper

What would you rate TDU2 out of 10? (1 being the worst)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate TDU2 out of 10? (1 being the worst)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Should have made only 3 or 5 choices.

I gave it 3.

Driving game without the sensation of driving, inaccurate models, poor car list, not so great graphics, lack of options, no hardcore mode and they couldn't even convert all the old cars from TDU1.

I like the thing that they made Ibiza, I mean every single road, however it should get a bit more detail imo.

First impressions: Rushed. Unfortunately this game does look very rushed, and my guess is it is. The story is more useless and pathetic than its predecessor, but really, no one pays attention to it. Too bad the voice acting is so gay, I thought i was becoming homophobic. If you can get over that, then it does get better. The cars look alright, but coming from Gran Turismo, there is a lot to be desired. There have been some new features added into the game that do help, but start to get tedious at times. Overall the game looked alright, played alright in the first little bit, but other than that, it takes a lot to get through the first part of the game.

Cars: the car list is lacking and is close to the same number of cars at launch for the first game. The cars look pretty and those that are convertibles can have their roofs retracted. They have even added indicators, so that was cool. Gears are really weird and seem to be too slow, and sometimes the buttons don't register in the game so you're stuck in the same gear and can lose valuable time. The cars handle oddly as they appear to have no friction when you are not on the accelerator on the turns, it's really weird. It takes a bit getting used to but it's not so bad when you do.... Bikes will arrive as DLC but a few SUVs have made an appearance so the car list is a little more varried.

Map: There are two islands, you start in Ibiza and are able to travel to Hawaii at level 10, the island that was in the first game. Ibiza looks nice, the graphics and scenery are much nicer than the previous game. The roads are all pretty flat, but offroad is very weird and is basically the same with a bit of bumps, in some cases a lot of bumps but it still feels a little weird. There is now an implementation for day/night cycle, which seems to happen every half hour I believe. There is also weather effects...which you can check the weather from your house.

Houses: Houses are bought as you progress through the game (except the first one), in your house you can change your clothes, change the cars (each house has a specific number of spots for cars...2 cars, 4 or six). The houses range in price and get larger as you progress, the larger houses also have more furniture (to change furniture, you go to the item, select the menu and go through it to see what you like). This is where you can have parties online, invite people over (they can even go with you in your car for a cruise) and whatnot. The new addition for houses and dealerships are that you can move your avatar on your own (think the new PSN Home), and instead of it acting as a menu, you walk around the house and dealerships to select what you want.

Dealerships have stayed the same, with the addition of a "used" car dealer. He gets new cars every so often and they are a bit cheaper than if you went to the dealer.

Sound: It's okay but some engine notes are very off, but there isn't really anything here that is worth mentioning. There is no way to play my own music and there are only two radio stations, which repeat relatively quickly...play with the radio off and the engine sounds may anger you, play with it on and the music will annoy you.

Gameplay: It takes a bit getting used to, you need to get licenses before you start in challenges. Luckily you do get walk throughs so you don't need to figure too much out, it is relatively easy. You will get calls on your cell phone telling you about new objectives, unfortunately that gets really annoying if you don't want to do anything.

Leveling: There are a four ways to level up: Discovery, Racing, Social, Collection. Each way helps your global level and gain new items. Discovery is going around and finding things on the island, new roads, photos and car wrecks. Basically exploring. Racing is completing the championships and becoming a better driver. Collection is buying cars, furniture, clothes and houses...the more items you have the more your collection rises and you will level up as well. Social is your interaction with others on multiplayer and having clubs, as well as challenging other players or taking their challenges. Basically dealing with friends.

Overall: The game isn't bad...if you can get over the bugs that appear (there are many), and you liked the first, the game is worth getting. The cars are lacking but hopefully we see some decent returns on the download content...if not, jump on the PC version and grab the cars that are released by mods and just ditch the garbage that is in the game. 100 cars is plenty. Since I like the style of game, I like the ability to cruise in cars I like and just roam. The game itself leaves a lot to be desired, however, it is fun to pick up and play. It's too bad that you have to deal with the stuff in the beginning (licenses, intro and whatnot) to get anywhere. If you don't care for the racing though, you can earn money in other ways and ignore the championships. You will need to find all the dealers and stores and by doing that you need to explore.

It's been pretty negative so far, but, regardless of all that, the game is fun. Why? You're open to do whatever you like...there are no menus to interrupt game play (they appear right on screen). The ability to take the Veyron, Zonda, CCX-R or the WRX Sti and just drive around, cruise, enjoy the environment. The active Aero makes it look really fun, but if you are expecting Gran Turismo refinement, don't look here, but if you truly like the ability to collect cars, houses, clothes and like cruising...then honestly, all the negative I mentioned can be overlooked.

I won't deny that as soon as I get a working, decent PC I'll probably buy a PC one and start modding. I'll bring in cars that I feel should be there simply so that I can enjoy it more, until then the other versions are decent. If you liked the first one, you'll love this one too.

Disappointed

Hey guys :)

This is just MY opinion, please do not come here and shout at me.

I am so disappointed about this game, I don't actually want to get money to buy the cars cause the handling is absoulutely shocking!

Any how, I have cancelled my pre-order.

Cheers!

I give it a 9. Okay, it isn't a super uber realistic driving sim, but that isn't the point of this game. The handling is different and takes getting used to, IMO still better than MCLA's. The attention to detail an customisation is amazing, along with the on/offroad experience. Great game!

Well I've been playing it since Wednesday and it gets a solid 9/10 from me! I love it, so much to do and so little time, and very enjoyable on a nice tv with a wheel. (Ps3)

Pros:

Lots of Things to do

Fun Races

2 Islands

Ability to walk around houses and other avatar areas

Levels

Nice car selection, although it could use a few more

Physics are acceptable(atleast for me) they take awhile to get used to but after doing some hard driving you can start to get a feel for them.

Cons:

Characters seem "Monotone"

Story line can be cheesy at times

Photo mode doesn't work well using a wheel

No PS3 controller use if wheel is plugged in( not a big deal)

Inability to sell cars you've won(stupid pink Mustang)

Not to be one that wants to defend this game here, but it is TDU2 not 'Another game that's a lot like TDU but infinitely better 2' - it wouldn't be TDU2 if it was bug free.

I think a lot of people around the place seem to have this rose-tinted vision of what TDU1 was like. It was buggy, it didn't feel finished by a long shot. Up until the announcement for TDU2 there were people begging Atari for a patch on their forum.

To jog your memory remember how far out the Speedometers were compared to the speed traps? Remember the fact the Alfa GT's Speedo didn't even sync with itself? The voice acting was always crap. Story? There... Was a story in TDU1?... I certainly can't remember it... There were clipping bugs everywhere, just as there are now. I'm not saying it's right to be like that, but it was, is... And unfortunately it's pretty unlikely Eden are going to fix it with patches.

A lot of people are winging about the handling too. And yes, it's different. But with a bit of playing with the settings and driving the right car you can tune it to an acceptable level. [i actually think mine's comparable if not better than TDU1 at the moment] TDU1 wasn't perfect by any means again - when you went over a hill or bump it was to be expected that you would shoot off the road. Equally if you went up/down a hill round a corner the handling would turn against you.

Focus on the positives. You can walk around - I think that's pretty awesome really. You can tart up your crib and so on. There are a couple of gem cars in the game - I think my MiTo is a right hoot to drive on the road and my Delta is fantastic off it. Again, not all the cars in TDU1 were rosy to drive, some people chose to persevere with them and they were rewarded. [Personally I think the Brera is a right pig - and it was one of my favourites in the first game, but check the leaderboards - all the fastest drivers are using them] People are saying that it's not realistic, and no it isn't - it's some arcade hybrid that hasn't quite worked, but at least there are options to make it more tolerable.

As crazy as this sounds - there are some people winging about the realism of the handling of the cars when all they want to do is drive around at the speed limit and use their turn signals all day. Here's an idea - buy a car! Drive it round! Go home. Go to bed. End.

IMHO part of the TDU experience is trying to coax a little life out the game and work with it to create a better experience.

gave it a 6.

game has great potential. But they fail at the Test Drive. The thing that made TDU1 great for me. Physics fail, wheel support fail. 2 VERY important thing. I wished they did it right..:sulk:

Server issues and everything probaly will be fixed. But I doubt if the physics will get fixed..

For now it's just a cheap console game.

I have to say i think this is an awesome game, by no means is it perfect but very few games are. It all came together for me driving my new Zonda through a late night thunderstorm. Its test drive unlimited 1 supersize and thats just fine with me, more of the same a little better is all i ever wanted and what most sequels deliver. Just look at the call of duty modernwarfare series and how well that sells despite being basically the same game every time ( i say game in the loosest sense of the word ). Yes the lack of cars is a little frustrating the grapihcs arnt the best but otherwise the changes and all for the better.

I dont get what people are saying about the handling at all. If you want hyper realism buy a car, if you want as close as you can come buy a simulator or go for the lesser option and buy forza and if you want a rich person simulator with arcade aspects buy test drive. The handling may not be accurate but its fun and fits in well with the theme as these arnt racetracks were dirving on.

Engine noises are ok, probably not spot on but then how many of us have driven a £200000 sports car to limit on a regular basis to know if they are or not ( watching top gear dosent count ladys and gents ). Yes there are server issues but name me some mmo`s that have had a flawles launch on a budget like edens and im sure that these issues are likely to be fixed soon.

My only real complaints are directed at the lack of bikes and lambos, one is not edens fault ( unles lambos appear as DLC in which case ill be a little angry, but also happy ) the other is not really fair of me to complain about. Its their game to decide if bikes fit into or not and i think adding an entire new island and the concept of off road was a fair trade for the bikes. Talking of the off road bits they are excellent fun. quick and easy to pick up combined with the day night and weather cycles they make for allot of fun. One complaint i did forget to mention which i think is a major issue but not beyond fixing is the lack of the ability to sell any of your cars, not a market place as that idea is a little pointless but it would be nice jsut to be able to sell cars at any time, or maybe gift them to friends. Like i say its not perfect but Its a damn good attempt.

So overall a great enjoyable experience that dosent live up to the communitys expectations only because the community expected too much, sit down chill out and have a drive around two beautifull islands in some cars not many of us are ever likely to own chatting to friends in a genre of game no one has really been brave enough to try to make except eden. Thankyou eden

80%

Loz summed up the handling really well. It feels like the wheels are welded directly to the chassis with no suspension.

20100626194837.jpg

This picture summs up what was great about the old physics:

Power on full

Smoke billowing out

inertia making the suspension do an impression of a yacht.

In honesty, I feel the game would feel so, so much better if going around a corner you could feel the G force you were under. Also, whenever you go offroad the lack of suspension seems really strange, the car shouldn't bounce around as rigidly as it does, and it doesn't feel right. On top of this after a jump, teh way your car slams to the ground is just flatout wrong, as there should be absorbtion/rebound etc.

In short, the only thing I genuinely have issues with is the handling, and i'm allready learning to deal with how it feels, all in all:

I give it an 8

The only things I don't like right now are the server issues, lack of proper force feedback, and the handling while now half-decent (as far as arcade games go) can still be improved. Besides that - the game has kept me coming back every day since I got it, playing it late at night, and I haven't even been on a cruise yet. That deserves a solid 8.

I dont get what people are saying about the handling at all. If you want hyper realism buy a car, if you want as close as you can come buy a simulator or go for the lesser option and buy forza and if you want a rich person simulator with arcade aspects buy test drive. The handling may not be accurate but its fun and fits in well with the theme as these arnt racetracks were dirving on.

Indeed I think you don't ;)

Nobody wants a simulator. Like most here (I suppose), I drive in real life and I don't want to come home and play a game where I have to handle a car like if it was real.

What people probably mean for the most part when they criticize the handling is...they (and I) are used to drive in H mode in TDU1. It is not realistic at all (moon gravity anyone?) but it's fun and challenging, and of course, it allows you to drift. I spent hours drifting in the first game and now I can't. No matter how hard I try, it is impossible. This renders TDU2 somewhat useless to me because I'm not experiencing joy but frustration when I drive a car in TDU2.

If you just drive around with mates in TDU2 and don't care for a challenging handling then yeah, you will enjoy TDU2. But to me all the little features that were added just don't quite make up for the handling/gameplay/physics or however you want to call it.

I hope they will hear all the calls for a patch that gives us something more enjoyable driving-wise, but I doubt it'll happen.

I'm giving it an 8 (or more so a 7.7). The handling is the cause for this mainly because it's still quite jerky in the faster cars however the environment, the roads, the night and even some of the engine sounds are a vast improvement over TDU1. Though that wouldn't be too hard but it's nice to have some of these cars sound close to what you think they should even if it's not totally accurate. I know that's a strange thing to say but I'd rather have a good sounding imitation than the high strung sounding synthesised crap from the last game. Still work to be done in this area for sure.

Sort out the handling imo and it's easily an 8-9/10. And I'm not saying make it sim like and such but what I feel is TDU2's main flaw is that it may seem ok to those new to the TDU series, however those of us who have played and love TDU are definitely for the most part not liking what is their now and it's nothing to do with not being Hardcore or otherwise as even Normal mode players are saying the same. The game felt fine with the lower cars with the settings I have but after getting to test out some of the faster cars it's clear the handling is still far too jerky.