We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A vote of NO Confidence in Atari/Eden!

oshaylinux

A vote of NO Confidence in...?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. A vote of NO Confidence in...?

• Atari
    • Eden
    • Atari and Eden
    • I'll be faithful till death due us part.

A vote of NO Confidence in Atari!

Everyone by now have read the TDU2's FAQ, I'm assuming. Based on the responses they gave, we have formed some very strong opinions about Atari and concerning TDU2. Another forum poster pretty much summed up Atari attitude in one statement below.

"It's nice to hear your feedback, but this is our game and we will decide if something needs to be changed, we will not be swayed by consumer opinion."

ebig2000

And that's really "sugar coating" it. Atari Stinks! Arrogant, self centered, disrespectful, delusional, and stubborn are attributes that come to mind when I think about Atari's attitude, after reading the FAQ. It reminds me of EA's attitude about the NFS franchise. EA's attitude kelp the NFS franchise on the verge of folding under for many years. EA finally come up with a strategy that has stabilized the NFS franchise and put in a safe zone. They have a very good PR system in place now. The gaming world stuck with them doing their trial and error time. Now Atari need to ask themselves, will the gaming community be as patient and long suffering with them as it was/is with EA? EA and Atari has/is burning to many bridges for me to further support NFS and TDU franchises.

As for me, I vote NO confidence in Atari.

What's your vote.

Well, I was reminded of the fact that Eden has suffered dearly for their part in TDU2 and it really was not right for me to "kick a wounded dog." So I do apologize to Eden. I have made the necessary corrections I could to the thread to fully focus on whom it should, Atari.

BTW. I give no credit to EA, with the exception of being experts at BSing there customers.

I'm gonna wait for the rest of the faq to com out. But, the way things are looking my vote is gonna be for Atari or whoever owns them now. I sorta expected them to release paid DLC first then maybe a few more fixes here and there to keep us interested though so I'm not too surprised with how things are going.

doesn't matter who did what , if atari is to blame so the same goes to eden because THEY are the ones who accepted to work with atari.

That doesn't seem entirely true. How would Eden know if Atari were the good side or the evil side? They wouldn't know, and recently Atari have been sort of mean to Eden, causing them to go on strike.

;425731']It's not Eden's fault. They are not in the position to make the game they actually want to make - almost no development houses are - and that means they just listen to Atari.

-Leadfoot

That's not completely true. Valve does not allow EA to order them around when Valve is working on a title for EA. Eden picked the wrong time to strike, they should have done it mid development on TDU2.

Vote of no confidence for me goes to Atari. Eden is also responsible since they make the game, but almost anything I can blame Eden for has no option than to be redirected due to Atari's policy. Atari should have helped Eden getting a big devteam with good skilled devs and lots of proper programs to work with to make the game really good, and that also comes down to the time and money Atari SHOULD have invested in TDU2 and Eden. Instead, they held a beta period of a few months which they then ignored for the majority of feedback, and they rushed the game instead of delaying it a few months more to give time to fix stuff like the User Interface and stability. They didn't take their time, and they way not have enough money to afford it, or to expand the game a lot, including the carlist.

There has been little IMPROVEMENT (not additions, but IMPROVEMENT) since TDU1, despite the 4 years between the two games. All the factors gives me no hope that TDU3 if developed by this same combination WILL make the big leap forward to stay at the top. In addition to that we all know Atari held and holds back too much info, they promised a lot they couldn't deliver and they are horrible in communicating as once again it comes down to just two moderators at the official forum to answer to the entire community, especially if you claim you're going to be so involved with them and listen properly to them.

So for me in the end, I'd say Eden has to be given one final chance, with a bigger team, more time and more resources to really make what they should have made.

I say no confidence in both. Atari has this god complex because they pretty much made gaming a household activity so they think they can do no wrong and blame everyone but themselves when their crap games fall flat on their face (insert political poke here). Eden has no confidence because they had something that only needed tweaking to make it truly great, but instead decided to throw everything away and start from scratch making the workload much larger. Both of these companies really do need to take a page from Valve's playbook by truly communicating with their customers, giving their devs ample resources to make great games, and working with what's familiar so they can focus on the game PLAY rather than the game engine (The Source engine has been around how long now?). Now, I'll admit that the smooth roads in TDU2 are a welcome change from TDU1's jagged mystery surface, but again that probably could have been done with some tweaks as opposed to a complete overhaul (maybe not since off road surfaces were introduced, I'm just guessing from the standpoint of looking at how other companies have done things). They got too caught up in trying to make a game that can do everything, and wound up making a game that can do almost nothing.

They got too caught up in trying to make a game that can do everything, and wound up making a game that can do almost nothing.

Well that's part of what makes TDU franchise unique, it's diversity of things to do. I think the problem is with the implementation of how they done things. TDU2 really consist of four careers; pro racer and illegal racer, the main two. Cop and outlaw are the two sub-careers. Eden mixed the main two careers together, when they should have been separate but equal. So the illegal racers are bound to the same rules and restrictions as the pro racers; required licenses, schools, championships, and cups. Those schools where more challenging than was needed for the very casual racers in TDU2, but to easy for the more hard core racers. What makes it bad on the very casuals racers, Eden fixed it where the big money was in the racing. And there's no point in re-racing those championships and cups, because the reward isn't the same as the first time, so that left the less skilled players struggling to get enough money. From bad to worst, Eden built a driving engine with an identity complex. It does not know whether its arcade or sim. It makes a great cruising driving engine, but very frustrating for racing. A good many people got frustrated and stop playing TDU2, because Atari would/will/have not made any considerations for them.

So, it's not that they tried to give too many things to do in TDU2, they forced people into doing things to get to other things, and that took away from the total freedom feeling that was in TDU.

BTW. What are those stars by this thread mean?

Since when was Atari ever a democracy?

Surely a vote of no confidence only works if there is something/someone to replace the problem. In this case who will do that?

I have no confidence it either Atari or Eden, but I don't think this vote will be able to solve anything. Especially as its so abundantly clear that Atari and Eden have completely buried their heads in the sand.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
That doesn't seem entirely true. How would Eden know if Atari were the good side or the evil side? They wouldn't know, and recently Atari have been sort of mean to Eden, causing them to go on strike.

after working with them for more than 6 years? I believe that's their business resources investment gone to waste then. Don't forget that Eden is as guilty as atari , they are the ones who still come up with ridiculous conclusions about their game and still have high oppinions about it.