We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently! - Part 2

The Queen

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a red 458 today and a blue Focus ST 2013. A couple of porsches as usuall, and a ML63 AMG.

I keep seeing a blue 2013 Focus ST estate/wagon in my area :lol:

Seen the same red 458 hanging around my little town also over the last couple of weeks, lucky me.

Icy J, you should buy polarizing filter for your lens. But really nice findings and almost excellent pictures.

I do have one, I just tend to not use it when street spotting there cause it's pretty dark in that garage where all those cars come from and also cause i find it looks odd when the car itself has loads of reflections but not the windshield :)

MAX POWWWWAH!

969040_10151704899826132_1798137699_n.jpg

I was at the car auctions, and this glass fiber monstrosity was there. Fully barry spec...cheap 'chrome' alloys, sparkle-metalic paint, stupid vents and worse exhausts! All that was done to the engine was a halfords induction kit. It was a 2.2 though.

Hmmm, I saw a Dodge Sprinter 3500 van. Yes, the rebadged US Sprinter that is originally sold as a Mercedes here in Europe. It had all of those Dodge badges, the ugly chrome grill and what's weird, steering wheel with a Mercedes logo and German plates. I have a pic of it.

BTW, the whole US Sprinter thing is complicated. Since the launch of the Sprinter in the USA in 2001, you could buy it as a Mercedes or a Freightliner Sprinter. From 2003 to 2010 the MB was rebranded to Dodge Sprinter. Since that year, they have rebadged it again to Mercedes. And the Freightliner is still sold there. :rolleyes:

I though Dodge Sold the Fiat Ducato in the US? Or is that just since they got bought over?

Van's in the US are a bit confusing, as from what I've gathered they have givin up making there own and just taking EU made stuff instead now(Even if it is just re-branded as a US brand)

I though Dodge Sold the Fiat Ducato in the US? Or is that just since they got bought over?

Well Dodge is now selling this:

14-ram-promaster-white.png

They call it the 2014 Ram Promaster. Which I'm pretty sure is a rebranded Fiat/Iveco or something like that. It's because of the Fiat merger.

...they have givin up making there own and just taking EU made stuff instead now(Even if it is just re-branded as a US brand)

This is true for Chrysler, not quite Ford (yet) or GM. Ford is slowly making their commercial trucks the same as what they sell in Europe, whereas GM is doing it's own thing.