We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade should just be an easier, more forgiving version of simulation. If you want to have crazy Ridge Racer handling then don't bother buying licenses for real cars. TDU2's handling simply isn't realistic. You give certain inputs expecting a certain outcome (and in any other game would deliver and you could control the car), whereas cars in TDU2 behave unpredictably, and are then uncontrollable at speed, and not enjoyable). They pivot around the center instead of taking into account that the wheels are on the ends of the car).

For example, in TDU1 hardcore mode, grab any high power car. Drop the clutch and give it a bootful of acceleration. The driven wheel spin and inertia starts to make the back step out a bit. You respond to this by reducing power and steering where you want to go and you have a nice burnout. Try that in TDU2 and either nothing happens (you just pull away), or you're facing the wrong direction before you even hit redline with no ability to feather the throttle to control the car.

The whole point of TDU is to do what we generally can't in real life - drive your dream cars on fantastic roads. Sure you can have fun with a keyboard or gamepad, but when you play with a good steering wheel, H shifter, TrackIR, and Buttkicker it will feel so much better and more immersive, you'll be looking for the indicator stalk.

I just don't get how people can go on about physics when TDU2 is not the real thing and is in a virtual world and at the end of the day, its a game. :S
Coming from the previous game it's easy to see how people hate the handling in TDU2 and unfortunately it actually makes the game not worth playing for many people, just look around many places and see the general consensus. There are people who don't mind it and to me the handling resembles very old style gaming where you drove with the D-pad of your controller due to it's twitchiness.

There is nothing to say a driving game can't cater to everyone, it just seems something that many developers don't take the time to work on. Forza Horizon is a decent example as with all aids on and the lower difficulties the cars are very easy to drive however it still instils the need to brake and slow down for turns and such as it is not a full-on F-Zero on wheels like Ridge Racer or Split Second type game. TDU was the same, you went to fast you hit the wall or a tree in most cases. However it was drivable even if it was floored [flawed] in this area and this is why many many people hate TDU2 and don't rate it much in relation to the first one.

In summary.

TDU is often said to be a decent driving game with a dodgy environment.

TDU2 is said to be a dodgy driving game with a decent environment.

*Paragraphs*

*Paragraph*

In summary.

TDU is often said to be a decent driving game with a dodgy environment.

TDU2 is said to be a dodgy driving game with a decent environment.

Well said. Damn I miss the old days of TDU, (in HC mode) yeah the understeer was a pain, and the moon gravity was annoying, but the latter was a laugh and everything else was near-perfect!

I liked the environment in TDU, just the 2 things I mentioned above let it down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wouldn't surprise me - you had to pay to unlock all the horizon outposts if you cbb unlocking it yourself. Maybe you get the jump feature for free if you complete all 1000 challenges :lol:

Tonight is GT5 league night so I can't check.