We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

It just seems a bit strange to go on about how they are doing so many calcs per second into where the wheel tread and it's grip is going at a particular split second when if the first game is anything to go by this matters not a bit as the cars basically turn from the centre and are easy to save when they do actually step out of line.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... whingy whiney brats. So the game wont have a cockpit view. BIG DEAL, it will still have a bonnet view, and frankly, that still works for me. So the physics look arcadey, are you telling me the first game was a simulator? Please. I'm still happy its being made, would you all whinge and whine if they came out and said they were going to make it but found 95% of gamers played Forza instead so they decided not to? I think you would. Be happy Codemasters is still around at all.

lol

WOW... whingy whiney brats. So the game wont have a cockpit view. BIG DEAL, it will still have a bonnet view, and frankly, that still works for me. So the physics look arcadey, are you telling me the first game was a simulator? Please. I'm still happy its being made, would you all whinge and whine if they came out and said they were going to make it but found 95% of gamers played Forza instead so they decided not to? I think you would. Be happy Codemasters is still around at all.

Ermm i'm pretty sure it is a big deal since people have their own preferences i personally hate not having the option of a cockpit view i could occasionally use the bonnet but always the cockpit now i don't have that option so i am a whiney brat i mean Grid has open wheel cars and i'm assuming that this one will have to but with out a cockpit view there is no excitement to driving one and the feel of driving an open wheel car :nods:

I will most likley not pick up the game due to other games coming out which seem to be a better place to spend my money :D

I usually play my racers with a wheel and I mostly use bonnet cam because you can see better where you're going (+ the steering wheel in the cockpit ruins it for me, I already have one in front of me so why would I want another one in front of me? Luckily most racing sims on the PC have the option to hide it). This one may be more of a controller game though so it's a bigger loss for me I guess - though still not enough to define whether I'm buying this or not.

There's good arcade games and there's bad ones. Codies were doing great with DiRT 2 but every racing game release since then has felt worse and generally been shipped with stupid bugs in the control and profile system. I purchased both DiRT 3, F1 2010, and DiRT Showdown and for all games combined the number of hours spent playing them would be a single digit. GRID often felt very wobbly through the wheel as well, playable if not in drifting mode but not super fun.

GRID 2 might be good, and hey I hope it is, you can never have too many good car games, but for all the hype those guys write in their article, they just don't seem like the type who enjoy real racing as well (if they do then they'll have to reserve their acclaims for Project CARS next year) :)

Its also that you guys are all pissy about it not being the hardcore sim that grid wasnt, yet your going to buy Forza Horizon instead.

I'm being 'pissy' about them binning a good feature out of the game. It's like taking out a hc mode in a sequel hmmmm where have I heard that before.

On the cockpit view, even though I always use the wheel I like to see the car from inside, where duh, you actually sit.

The bonnet view is so out of context it doesn't even have the same sound samples as the cockpit cam.

Guest MrLolololXD
Since when does anything on TDUCk have to make sense? http://forum.turboduck.net/images/smilies/funandcrazy/eyebrow.gif

That is falsely true. :sammich: On an upside down notepad, I lost my Corvette banana cake with gorilla eyes and sprinkles while dancing on an Irish pub roof riding a unicorn named Steve who can do the spaghetti dance. :msuh3:

:panic3:

I'm with Pr0ph3cy here. Sure cockpit view is nice in all but some games would't suit it. This does admittedly.

That said It doesn't bother me, if cockpit view is in then that nice, but some cars have crap cockpits and are hard to see. Hell Drive a Rover 75 on a twisty road in the Cairngorms and you'll understand what I mean.(The A-pillar is huge).

Shame because TOcA 2 had cockpit from what I remember.

Other than the whole cockpit debate, the game looks okay so far. Looks like there chasing the arcade route even more this time, following in DiRT's footsteps. Hope its not all sports cars of such, some basic tin-top racing would be nice. :D

If it has the same post-release support from Codemasters, I wish you all good luck :D

Also, cockpitremoval is an Atari idea. It shows though that Codemasters is a fully blind dev, fully giving in on the American 13-year-olds who don't care. Fuel already sparkled a huge rage on the community when it saw both cockpit ás bonnet or bumper view being removed, and nothing was done. With ANY racegame that has no cockpit view, people will complain (although games WITH that view also get complaints from the handful of people who cry for steeringwheel removal ¬¬)

I would far rather have good physics and no cockpit view.

Really though to get a decent cockpit view you need a multiscreen setup- otherwise you're just looking through a letterbox with a wheel and guages at the bottom.

Sure it adds to the realism atmosphere, but you do sacrifice your view for it. Loved the FM4 and TDU cockpits though even despite the lack of view.

Its a shame though to write off an entire game for just one feature.

Its more than likely that its been dropped because of time/financial reasons. Just wish that Atari had dropped their TDU2 cockpit in favour of physics

I can live without cockpit views if the physics aren't . A proper sim (GT, Forza, pCARS, iR, Race 07, etc) must have cockpit view though.

Physics though is a higher priority than cockpit view, which if you think about it is somewhat contradictory.

GRID not only had decent cockpits but also TrackIR, which will be missed from the sequel. Sequels shouldn't really go backwards, that's what angers most people.

It shows how selfish they are, Codemasters doesn't care about the community, it's really comparable to Atari. They don't learn. They've had massive rages going on at the Fuel forums when it was announced that cockpitview and bumperview from the trailer would NOT be ingame, and the tornadoes only showed up prescripted during races. They just won't learn. It starts to look like the german top 3 premium carbrands: they keep making new cars for new segments over and over again, but who asked for it? They're just building blindly.

Asobo developed it, but Codemasters took over their game and forced them to do all those changes without aiding in development to make it better.

Asobo first had in mind to build a no-nonsense modern Dakar-ish rally game, Grand Raid Offroad, in an African-ish gameworld, being the largest gameworld ever at that time. The project got canned, and Codemasters pulled in the studio to severely modify the game. Thanks to Codemasters it became the dead boring apocalyptic environment game, and Codemasters was responsible for support. There was enough reason for them to hit Asobo with the demand to develop game patches because there were a lot of mistakes.

Codemasters therefor had more than enough influence to influence the project, but we all know what it turned into: just some bragging about 14.400 km² and nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...