We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Santtu's A3

superhyper

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The building you can see behind the car is a garage, but it's so full of stuff (for example, my Vespa) that there's no way to fit a car in there. We also have another, bigger garage but it's reserved for mom's and my stepdad's cars :/

About the name, I do have one for it already :p (It's nothing interesting though so you don't need to know)

There was a problem with the airbag system (it was there when I bought it), the dealer had taken it to a service point where they read the error code so at least I knew what was wrong. There was something wrong with the passenger side's side airbag. A few days ago we spent a good 3 hours with my stepdad looking for anything that was broken and finally found a faulty wire inside the seat. We reconnected it but the warning light would still come on. Today I found out that one guy in our town has a computer that can be used to communicate with VAG's vehicles. I took it there and he reset the code for a minimal price of 20 euros. It could have cost me more like 1000€ if I took it to an Audi service :p Now the car is road legal again and that's good as I have to take it to the annual vehicle inspection before the end of the year :hmmm:

Or you could just buy the cable yourself like I did:

Ross-Tech: VCDS

Not sure about older Audis, but there's been loads of great hidden settings I've been able to adjust, enabling factory options that I've retro-fitted, not to mention scanning for faults and erasing fault codes. There are much cheaper ones on eBay but they're not very user friendly. In the VW community VCDS is the best you can get. The software itself is free as the genuine Ross Tech USB to OBD2 cable holds the license info.

Here's a post I've written for the Mk6 Golf: The Official VWW VCDS Tweak Library

My sister's boyfriend bought an A3 1.6 temporarily. I think it had some Audi 12-Spoke replica (??) wheels on it which looked stupidly big for the car :p

I liked it... to begin with. Unfortunately it put me off buying a car from the Welsh valleys ever again as everything about the exchange of car/money felt dodgy. The airbag light was on so they took the car somewhere. Probably some dodgy back-alley garage innit bruv. Came back 10 minutes later with the light off. Later found out the car was a cut-and-shut job which they 'unfortunately' failed to tell my sister's boyfriend at the time of sale.

Yours looks alright, I didn't realise they came with such vibrant interior colours :p

Double post ftw.

I've been driving a lot lately, had to refill today and the last refill was on saturday so that's a full tank of gas gone in just 4 days :lol:

I did some calculations though and found out that my average fuel consumption was 6.8 liters per 100 kilometers (that's about 41 MPG for you weird people :p). Better than what I achieved with mom's Honda last time I was driving it :lol:

Tomorrow it's time for the inspection, checked the car through today and it should pass with no problems :) (had to replace a broken rear licence plate light though). I wish I could take more photos of it but the days are so short that the Sun has usually set when I wake up :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:bump:

Bought some speakers to replace the old ones (I only had one 13cm speaker working in the passenger side front door in addition to 2x1" tweeters :lol:). The rear seats had places for speakers but they weren't fitted with any. So I bought a pair of 13cm speakers for the front doors and a pair of 17cm speakers for the rear seats. Installing was a pain in the bottom, especially for the rear seats but it was totally worth it :D

IMG_1930+copy.JPG

IMG_1942+copy.jpg