We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Atari to file for Bankruptcy - [Up: Something done with shares, got some money again!]

Eudemon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Hopefully he'll point the company back in the right direction, but it's gonna take a lot to earn back the trust and respect of gamers after their previous few years...

• 4 weeks later...

Doing my near-monthly search for all things Atari I came across this from FT.com. I'm no smart penguin but the last little piece certainly made my ears perk up, anyone smarter than a bowl of soup may be able to translate what it means for us of lesser negative intelligence. :D

Does it basically mean that the TDU franchise is seen as one of the more important assets of the company?

FT.com prefers you not to copy/cut their text so please don't do so. Thanks!

Source: Atari CEO expects brand appeal to drive auction price - FT.com

EDIT: Looks like they are going to auction in Mid-May also.

Ouch! "In France, Atari SA has now 4 employees and Eden Games, 19 employees" - taken from their Feb 5th Press Release. :lol: Note the title of it in the url. So now Atari SA only has those 4 employees I guess?

• 3 weeks later...

Keep an eye on Google News or other sites for news about Atari in the next month as it looks like it's May they're expecting to be finished with this.

Google

LATEST

Law360, New York (April 25, 2013, 7:46 PM ET) -- The U.S. Trustee's Office objected Thursday to bankrupt video game pioneer Atari Inc.'s plan to pay bonuses to three executives and six other employees, arguing the terms aren't sufficiently spelled out in the public record and expressing concern that the payouts are really intended as retention deals.

Source: US Trustee Takes Issue With Bankrupt Ataris Exec Bonuses - Law360

• 4 weeks later...

BIG NEWS!!

Bidding on a pool that includes the Atari brand itself is set to start at $15 million, according to court papers. The minimum bid for the company's "RollerCoaster Tycoon" franchise is $3.5 million, while prospective purchasers must offer at least $1.5 million for Atari's "Test Drive" franchise.

Atari Aims to Sell Game Assets in July - WSJ.com

Atari sold the rights for Test Drive.

I recently found out that Atari is selling some of there assets, which includes the Test Drive series, it's going for 1.5 million.

Maybe some company will pick it up and we'll get a TDU3 :D

(I would post the link to the article, but it won't let me because I don't have enough posts)

They haven't sold it yet, they have put a minimum value on the Intellectual Property (IP) 'TEST DRIVE' which is as you say $1.5m. What's confusing about this is that investment that was made of $5m that was taken on the security of 'TEST DRIVE Unlimited' (TDU). Does this mean only TDU is what they have secured against, TDU/TDU2 as it stands now or did they buy it to now sell it?

These things confuse me.

Also the Atari twitter was hacked but they have since got it back so maybe you guys might wish to ask some questions of them? :)