We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Rivals {DT} - Drive Fast. Crash Hard. Beat the Police. Repeat.

Soundwave

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. It just needed a few mods here and there.

Shame that EA decided to ditch it, but maybe Ry wouldn't spam this forum with pCars then, if they continued making Shift. :cheeky:

I've spammed much more about the consoles and other games recently compared to pCARS. Remember SMS ditched EA because they kept having undesirable input on the physics which made Shift bad. We'll see if they hit the mark this time around.

Totalbiscuit bashes NFS:Rivals

A man on Youtube by the initials TB got his hands on a copy of Rivals and so far his impression of the game is far from stellar.

General outline:

• Stupid setup for game asset loading
  • All cut scenes (and tutorials) are un-skippable
  • Game speed being tied to FPS will make the average PC player's eyes bleed or have the game be uncontrollable
  • Terrible button config for keyboards and no mouse controls at all

Search for it on youtube if you want to see the video.

Conclusion: Don't play on PC. Might be a good idea to avoid on console, but I'm not going to take TB's word for it; for all he knows after the training section the game is wonderfully brilliant. Post your opinions.

I live streamed the game when I first got it, so allow me to explain the gameplay on PS4.

Pros:

1. The physics are bareable. I'd call it half HP2010 and half The Run, they seem to have found a happy medium.
  2. Running from the cops can actually be a challenge, especially if you're in AllDrive and have a human cop start chasing you.
  3. The cars look great, so does the scenery, the PS4 can produce some great graphics!

Cons:

1. The storyline is so horribly cheesy.. Dear god.. Hire some actual writers..
  2. AllDrive has a fatal flaw, when the host leaves, even if you're in the middle of a police chase, you all have to go back to a menu and connect to a new host. It essentially ruins whatever you were doing.

If you watched the livestream, you know what it looks like - it's been fun! It's not a "non stop playing" kind of game, but it's fun for a few hours every few days.

Isn't this the moron who was all for Microsoft's DRM stance with Xbox One and basically wanted to charge people who wanted a reply from him?

Yep same guy.

Don't want to be linking to a tool like that.

Well it is just an outsider opinion. Whatever the case, it was relevant and I figured at least one person might want to know about it.

Also, thanks to whomever moved the post to this thread, didn't notice it :P

That was me and I don't mind opinions, videos and reviews but not from people like that. Shame most of his followers are too young and/or stupid to realise that he was effectively going along with the enemy in regards to the "gamers". I've heard a number of people say this is locked 30 on PC, is that true?

I don't know what's all this fuss is about. I've played the game today on PS4, had a lot of fun. Physics and the visuals are improved. The pursuits are a bit annoying and hard but other than that it was nice to play. I might consider buying it on the console when I get it.

Well ive played on my friends PC and the game is quite good overall, physiscs are better than the MW and HP2010 (at least you dont have to drift to take any corner) game looks stunning, especially at night, car list is impressive i was surprised by few models but the performance is horrible! My friend has a GTX670 and in some areas the game was dropping to 10 FPS :fp:

Some nice points raised there cal I see where your going with some of the cons such as the pause menu thing and the maps but others like music may differ ;)

I do think this is worth the pick up as cal said from what I've seen in terms of gameplay videos it seem much more enjoyable compared to horizon now it's up to me to pick it up :D