We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT6 Demo Out Now! - Silverstone with Leaf, 370Z and GT-R

Following on from yesterday’s reveal of the product and pre-order goodies we can expect when Gran Turismo 6 hits retail this year, I am very happy to bring you even more GT news.

Next Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST you will be able to get your hands on the demo for Gran Turismo 6. It promises to be a tantalising glimpse at what we will see when the game takes to the starting grid later this year. The even better news is that the demo is free and doesn’t require ownership of any Gran Turismo product.

What’s more, if you are in one of the GT Academy regions* then the demo could also be the ticket for your chance to race for real with Nissan.

The demo is structured as a GT Academy-style driver training concept where you progressively learn the skills required to push very expensive track monsters at full speed round impossible apexes. The course where the action takes place is Silverstone, the spiritual home of GT Academy (and one of the brand new confirmed GT6 track locations in GT6).

In GT Academy regions, once you’ve cleared the earlier rounds you will then have your shot to post your time to the leaderboard and see if you have got what it takes to progress to the next stage.

Regardless of whether you are in one of the GT Academy eligible countries or not, once you have proved your skills and made the grade through the initial rounds you will unlock special bonus content.

The demo will remain live until 31st August 2013, but if you’re in the GT Academy hunt you have until 11.59pm BST on 28th July 2013 to take a step towards a chance of a real life racing career.

Some GT6 demo videos

Are you sure you're not a Playground Games PR person, diab? :lol:

As far as GT6's UI is concerned, I prefer GT5's. Too many unnecessary stylistic elements like the shape around the G meter and the brightly-colored pre-race screen detract from the racing experience and environment. I think they should have taken a more Forza-like approach and kept it minimalist, because it was better at actually displaying information in my opinion.

Did the boring AI races (can't they have made them harder to beat and given us more laps?) and spent a bit of time getting a good result for Practice #1.

GT6%2520-%2520GT%2520Academy%25202013%2520Clip%25201%2520-%25202013-07-06%252011-33-28.png

GT6%2520-%2520GT%2520Academy%25202013%2520Clip%25201%2520-%25202013-07-06%252011-33-38.png

*waits for Milli and pyrre to have a go and beat me* :)

Rod_AUS is actually Brazilian too (lives here though) so I'm interested to see which one is quicker xD

Will get video footage up one day, was tricky getting a good line through the esses with the bumps/tendency to oversteer, and getting the right gear for the second-last turn. Braking on the curbs to get the car turned around quicker is riskier but much quicker as you'll see in my final attempt for tonight that resulted in the time shown.

As boring as the Leaf is to drive I do like the new body roll suspension physics; in cockpit view you have the 'clinging onto the steering wheel and falling out of your chair' sensation.

17.000? :lol:

My avarage is 3.000 i think.

Edit: Forgot to say my opinions after playing it.

I liked it, quite a lot. It is way harder to be fast, since the weight balance is now extremelly effective... that will make suspension setups even more effective. It is noticeable the difference between the 370Z from the Clubman Event and the 370Z tuned in G Academy.

Sounds are exactly like i expected, which means, GT5 sounds. :lol: But all the rest was cool and better. Really looking forward for more. :D

My wheel isn't giving me great force feedback about the centre position ever since I updated it's firmware, which makes it feel weird, so I have to drive with more caution. I'm only losing a little time on the second last corner but besides that it's practically perfect as far as I can tell :)

The thread title mentions the Nissan GT-R but I haven't seen that anywhere yet...

My wheel isn't giving me great force feedback about the centre position ever since I updated it's firmware, which makes it feel weird, so I have to drive with more caution. I'm only losing a little time on the second last corner but besides that it's practically perfect as far as I can tell :)

The thread title mentions the Nissan GT-R but I haven't seen that anywhere yet...

Once you've completed all of the Academy events in the 370Z you unlock another event with the GTR in.

• 1 month later...