We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bugbear's Next Car Game: Wreckfest

Andreas¹

Love Wrecking Cars?

Did you love the over-the-top, reckless racing action of the FlatOut series? Or the ferocious wrecking fests of the Destruction Derby games? We did too!

What if you could somehow relive those glorious moments, mixed with some serious Street Rod inspired vehicle upgrading and spiced up with fierce online races where players can battle it out with their tricked out bangers?

Now THAT would be something.

Over the years, you’ve been asking the same thing over and again: When are you going to get back to your roots, and create another high-octane racing game that would capture the spirit of over-the-top action and reckless racing as the legendary games of the past?

We’ve heard you, and we now have some pretty exciting news for you. Our next racing game is going to bring those unforgettable moments up-to-date, and the best part of it all is that we want to make it with YOU!

It’s called Next Car Game.

I've been looking forward to this game but news have been quite sparse over the last few months. Although, today I got an e-mail from Bugbear with the subject "Back to the roots! Bugbear's Next Car Game now open for early access‏". :yay: Basically, the game is now available for preorder (PC only for now), with the digital download release scheduled for early 2014. People who preorder will get all sorts of goodies that you read all about here, there are too many for me to go through in this post. :p There are different levels of payment, everybody who does preorder though, will gain access to a pre-alpha version of the game, and you can even get your own name in the credit section of the game. :D

12.jpg

I know there are loads of games coming out in the next few months for those of you who play on console, but any PC players who are excited for this with me? :D I can only imagine this being a great game, Bugbear have sure proved that they know what they are doing, I think all of the previous Flatout games (except Flatout 3, which they were not involved with) have been completely epic. Can't wait for this.

2.jpg

Official website: Bugbear Entertainment presents Next Car Game | Join us in creating the ultimate full contact motorsport!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew about this trailer for quite a while now but never followed up on it. Something about being too caught up in real life.

However, I still cannot contain my excitement for this game, it's up there on my list of things to watch out for alongside BF4 and The Crew.

This guy got a 22 minute preview and interview of the game with Joonas, producer at Bugbear. Uploaded a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen it until now. He can't show any actual footage or even screenshots from the game, but it's interesting to listen to nonetheless.

Graphics seem vastly improved from the original teaser video, now looking more like in the video Santtu posted above, and definitely more like a next-gen game. The damage system - which is now fully dynamic :cheeese: - sounds very interesting, with cars that can basically fold in half. He says that it looks very much like Rigs of Rods, so he's got my hopes up there. :D Developers have also added even more destructible objects on the tracks, with the mantra it seems of "if you see it you can destroy it", upon which this guy promptly drives straight through a building, leaving nothing but a neat hole in the walls and a collapsed roof in his wake. This is getting more and more interesting. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Given how much community feedback they appear to want I would have thought they'd be better off using WMD instead of Kickstarter, especially if it's banned in Finland (I suppose they're using an entity outside of the country to host the project).

Looks like the game should be good, but it looks like it's still over a year from release.

• 3 weeks later...

As it was becoming more and more apparent that the kickstarter was going to fail, Bugbear decided to scrap it early and instead release their tech demo for everybody who has preordered the game so far! :msuh3: In it you get to drive one car around their testing ground which contains everything you can imagine. The car crushers from the damage video are all in it, along with a cannon (!) and lots of other goodies to help you make a mess of that by now familiar orange car. You can drive along with as many as 23 AI drivers as well. Pushing one of them into the car crushers feels quite satisfying.

Graphically it looks great and it runs very well too, at least on my system. I was worried it was going to be too unoptimized to get good frame rates but it really isn't. I bet videos and screenshots are going to start popping up on Youtube and the likes soon.

u7JBX61.jpg

p80MqLV.jpg