We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Diesel sport cars

RobikV3

It might be the best all round 'product' but it certainly isn't the best choice, it's so GODDAMN BORINGGGGGGGGGGG. I'd literally rather paint my house and watch it dry than own a 2.0 TDI golf. They're perfect company cars or cars for people who don't care much and just want a transportation system. I'm not saying they're not class leaders for engineering but god damn its boring and soul-less. I also don't think it has any presence at all, nevermind 'a lot of presence' like you stated. But I guess that does come down to different countries/cities etc, where some cars might stand out more in one place they'll go by unnoticed in the next.

Might I add, I've never seen the huge attraction and buzz over the above vehicle, if someone gifted me one I'd sell it immediately.

WORD! Would never want one in any shape or form.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncle had one of them in red, over 10 years ago... it was rather crappy then, nevermind now :p

The engineers of those diesel engines hadn't heard of the word refinement, however they do last forever.

We've had both a 405 & 406 in the past. Great cars though and we put some really high mileage on them and never skipped a beat. Well until they got written off...but the engine still ran on the 405.

Diesel & refinement never really came about until the mid- late 90's(manufacture pending). ;) Before that it was just something that got you high mileage and you could fix with nothing more than a 13mm ratchet spanner, a hammer and a Haynes Manual. :lol:

Well played maddog xD

When are you picking it up?

Picking it up later this afternoon. As they're putting two new tyres on it I'm not holding out for two new Continentals, in fact I'll be impressed it they've put Avon tyres on it. If it does have two Continentals on it they'll obviously be part-worn tyres. Not too bothered really (as long as they aren't Ling-Longs), I'll still use them and then probably put Goodyear Eagle F1s on it at some point.

Might try and get a video of some description up about it, but the weather is meant to be diabolical this weekend so I won't even be able to clean the car.

To throw a spanner in the works for this thread (and no I'm not joking, I'm 100% serious) my mum text me today to say she has put a deposit down on a MK7 Golf GT TDI :p

Picking it up later this afternoon. As they're putting two new tyres on it I'm not holding out for two new Continentals, in fact I'll be impressed it they've put Avon tyres on it. If it does have two Continentals on it they'll obviously be part-worn tyres. Not too bothered really (as long as they aren't Ling-Longs), I'll still use them and then probably put Goodyear Eagle F1s on it at some point.

Might try and get a video of some description up about it, but the weather is meant to be diabolical this weekend so I won't even be able to clean the car.

To throw a spanner in the works for this thread (and no I'm not joking, I'm 100% serious) my mum text me today to say she has put a deposit down on a MK7 Golf GT TDI :p

Your mother is fantastic <3!

Needs a D next to G and T. :cheeky:

I somewhat agree, but GTDs command about £5k more than GT TDIs over here, couldn't even tempt her into a GTI (was only being silly but thought it might be worth a shot). She'd have to make do with a MK6 GTD for her price range, but I told her ultimately it would seem like a waste of time 'side-stepping' to a higher trim level in a very similar vintage car.

Got the 330d home last night, put half a tank of fuel in on the way home and the car is saying half a tank will last 280 miles which is my weekly mileage so that'll be fine for me, even better is that was on small country roads with lots of accelerating and braking so hopefully that may go up a bit on my A-road commute. Haven't been able to see much else as the weather really closed in on the way to pick the car up so I took it very gingerly coming home. Typical dealer clean of putting wax on the windscreen so I could barely see where I was going, but I'll treat the windows to some AutoGlym Fast Glass as a temporary solution.

Hoping it's stopped raining this morning so I can have a decent look around it.