We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

918 vs. P1 vs. LaFerrari

CarMadMike

Which would you buy?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• McLaren P1
    • Porsche 918
    • Ferrari La Ferrari

@mau: The second pic mate, that front looks like a garden tool! :D

Yep' date=' don't like the front[/quote']

You're wrong guys... :P

My god that turbo sound... it sounds awesome. I have to say...

+1

What's better than an Italian V12? Yeah... 2 of them

Can't wait to drive it in Assetto Corsa...

Since we're talking about the looks only...

1. 918 Weissach with the optional Martini Racing livery

2. P1

3. LaFezza

I download the very long P1 Press Release into my phone on Thursday and am reading it every day I'm on the bus.

Here's a quote: "The engineering priority was unmatched aerodynamic performance... Every duct and every surface does a job, either in aero or cooling. Like everything on the McLaren P1, it's there for a reason, says Design Director Frank Stephenson."

I think that totally defines the McLaren. They made it as beautiful as possible. It screams I'm the hi-tech future, kids!.

The reason why I put the 918 so high is that it sort of reminds me the Carrera GT in many ways. And I adore the Carrera GT.

LaFerrari? Meh, I don't like the nose.

By the way. Did you know that they had the 2008 MP4-23 F1 car in the studio for a year and that "intersection of the double element rear wing and design of the endplates are the same as that on the 2008 MP4-23"? :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

The Hyper-3

Bad thread name, but oh well.

Anyway, since the current HyperCar battle is seen between 3 cars, this is a simple "what do you prefer" out of the 3!

So try to have no fighting, no bickering and no holding up copy's of magazines & webpages* and no "I think X car should be in because"... just a right up "I like x because of whatever reason". Mmmmkay?

So here are the contenders:

The McLaren p1...

[ATTACH]20016[/ATTACH]

The Porsche 918...

[ATTACH]20017[/ATTACH]

The Ferrari LaFerrari

[ATTACH]20018[/ATTACH]

So there you have it, the 3 Amigos or the Good, The Bad & the Ugly!**

*unless they contain anything to do with Pixie lott

** Make your own mind on what is what!

Your not alone there Clarence...I'm in the 918 corner as well.

Looks alone, the others just don't do it for me...less so the Ferrari, which i think is one of the worst looking cars to come from Maranello. Theres a reason why Pininfarina & Ferrari should work together.

I could go on a massive rant about the 3 cars, but I wont as most, if not all would disagree with me & 2, Im not after a Q&A about why I should't dislike X about whatever.

The K'segg is the Joker; the one who is silently laughing at those three fighting each other.

My list:

1. P1

2. 918

3. LF

--- Post Updated ---

And as much as i admire Koenigseggs its ugly as a hell

None of those three/four look amazing nor totally ugly, imho. I think the 918 is the prettiest or them all.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Small Bump.

Motortrend managed to get the 918 and the P1 together on leguna seca, a very detailed review is on their site here, and a video should follow shortly:

2015 McLaren P1 vs. 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Comparison - Motor Trend All Pages

Once again Ferrari were ridiculous and pathetic.

Quite disappointed that this test seemed to back up everything I've heard about the P1 so far, it doesn't change the 'which one would i buy' question but it seems to be very temperamental and once again needed interference from the team to get it to perform as it should. Porsche seem on to a winner where the P1 is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...