We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

Well at least Mike is catered for... let's hope they've got subtitles :)

Transmission - BBC Top Gear

The French are gonna be too lazy to ad subtitles :lol: What we call in France "feignant" for lazy. I'm gonna watch it, I want to see if they haven't ruined the concept but the presenters looks not bad. One of them is an old racing driver who use to race for Pescarolo Sport back in 2009. Miss that racing team.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, saw that on his FB page. :)

Can't believe all they're replacing TG with is some poxy show about the Red Arrows.

Am also wondering how much they're going to lose when the other networks that have bought the show claim compensation.

Clarkson's a clever bugger shopping himself just before his contract comes up for renewal and to the one of the few people in the BBC who would make a huge deal out it... rather than just sorting it out internally.

Strikes me that the whole thing is somewhat orchestrated.

Last week, the BBC released a statement about the current series of Top Gear, confirming that last night’s show (15th March) was to be postponed following an incident during production.

The incident in question is currently being investigated and Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland, has been appointed to lead this process.

We can now confirm that Top Gear will not be back in the studio this week and, as such, the episode due for broadcast this Sunday night (22nd March) will also be postponed pending the outcome of the investigation.

We will bring you more news as soon as we have it.

Transmission - BBC Top Gear

No words about the end of the show yet like other webs were telling us.

Top Gears Richard Hammond and James May REFUSED to film without Jeremy Clarkson - Mirror Online

So, the people hoping for the BBC to replace Clarkon with Alan Partridge are probably hoping in vein. Considering all of their contracts end in a month or so I think we're getting closer and closer to TG as we know it not coming back. :hmmm:

*waits for news*

I'm indifferent about Alan Partridge, I do see the show as entertainment but it's not something I'd eagerly watch it's just a good filler if there's nothing decent on the TV. As for Steve Coogan as a replacement? well, he's far from the worst name being thrown around *cough* stephen fry *cough*.

I do hope the internal inquiry is quite a lengthy one as I don't want it rushed due to public pressure/faux outrage, there's been so much crap thrown about about what happened etc that it's imperative that the actual truth is the only thing taken into account, not some BS reported in the daily star next to some update on Diana's death.

Thought the Express was all about everything and nothing per Diana? Daily Star is more likely to talk about how the Northern Lights and Eclipse this Friday will make 123 girls pregnant with alien genetics babies.

I don't really know to be honest, any daily [whatever] tends to be crap and that's including the telegraph.

A lot of the names been thrown about as a possible replacement for Clarkson (though it's not as if it's the BBC throwing them out so they should for the most part be ignored) seen quite random and like it'll be an opportunistic career boost for someone not that connected to the 'car world'.

I'm indifferent about Alan Partridge, I do see the show as entertainment but it's not something I'd eagerly watch it's just a good filler if there's nothing decent on the TV. As for Steve Coogan as a replacement? well, he's far from the worst name being thrown around *cough* stephen fry *cough*.

Not a fan of Stephen Fry or just not imagining him and Top Gear working?

Not a fan of Stephen Fry or just not imagining him and Top Gear working?

My opinion of Stephen Fry changes frequently, I love him on QI but when he appears on other shows he makes too big a deal of sounding like he swallowed a thesaurus, not every sentence needs 50,000 obscure and rarely used abjectives hun calm down a bit.

That and I just think he's too different a character to Jeremy. It'd change the whole dynamic of the show, and I'm not 100% sure how much of a car nut he is really, I bet he barely drives himself.

--- Post Updated ---

A small update, the inquiry results will be handed into the Boss (Director General Tony Hall I think) of the BBC next week. So we won't be hearing any news too soon I don't think.

Wouldn't work without Clarkson full stop. Anyway, May and Hammond have said apparently they won't do TG without Clarkson, so it all rests on whether he'll be returning or not I suppose.

As for Alan Partridge... don't really find that whole character funny, definitely wouldn't work imo.

My opinion of Stephen Fry changes frequently, I love him on QI but when he appears on other shows he makes too big a deal of sounding like he swallowed a thesaurus, not every sentence needs 50,000 obscure and rarely used abjectives hun calm down a bit.

That and I just think he's too different a character to Jeremy. It'd change the whole dynamic of the show, and I'm not 100% sure how much of a car nut he is really, I bet he barely drives himself.

--- Post Updated ---

A small update, the inquiry results will be handed into the Boss (Director General Tony Hall I think) of the BBC next week. So we won't be hearing any news too soon I don't think.

I love Steven Fry, but no. Just no. He'd not be a good replacement for the baboon at all.