We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. I've watched all of the TG USA episodes for example, the first season and a half was pretty cringeworthy as they tried to fill the mold of the UK show. I stuck with it as the UK show wasn't that great in its first season either so they deserved the chance in my books.

Eventually they started doing their own format and their own thing, and I enjoyed it quite a bit more. If you endlessly compare them then you miss the point, and potentially another good car show. Go watch the latest season if you haven't already. Often they'd just spend the first 80% of the show doing some challenge, and then the winner got to review a cool car as reward.

Just a wee reminder, final episode of Top Gear (as we know it) airs this Sunday on BBC 2 at 8pm, for us lot in the UK at least. I imagine it'll be easily found on certain places on that internet thing shortly after airing :nods:

Meanwhile, some possibilities of new hosts are currently: Natalie Pinkham, Dermot O'Leary (he's ruled himself out, but so did Chris Evans..), Jodie Kidd, and Suzi Perry. Sauce: Top Gear: Formula 1 presenter Natalie Pinkham in pole position to join Chris Evans - Mirror Online

I... really hope it's none of the above.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw today on the news that the BBC (can't remember if it was BBC or BBC2) fired 1000 workers. If they're really in such a poor financial condition.... :lol: they could just hire Chris Harris, Sabine Schmitz and Ben Collins. That way, they wouldn't even need a Stig XD Schmitz has already shown she can be funny besides her other skills, Harris has his controversial opinions but has his unique style when reviewing cars and can joke around as well and Collins despite more serious is a stunt driver besides everything else. The problem will always be chemistry. Sabine or Collins could be the Stig, but they could put Harris on the car reviews hosting along with Sabine. I know this is unrealistic but really, anything is a better idea than what they're trying to come up with. Many people have been calling out some famous Youtubers but they just don't have the needed experience or knowledge.

I was watching a bonus TG episode last night, never before seen, but when James eventually caught up to Jeremy and Richard (his floating truck was much heavier to push upstream), I noticed Jeremy pointing and giggling at something in one of the large bushes all around, with Richard clearly disturbed. I looked closer and then I realised... massive spiders everywhere!!! Looked a bit like this species. /end of dream.

Probably didn't help that I watched this last night either. :lol: (is funny though)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...