We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already do.

*Merc "key" thingy pic*

That the key for the whole range? (Well, before the new style), Exact same as the sprinters & Vito van's at work...well without the chrome.

I know it happens between models, but would have expect a difference other than chrome to show that you own an S-Class rather than a workhorse Sprinter.

That said, my age LS400 shares the key design with the Toyota Land Cruiser, just the logo's swapped... :lol:

They already do.

http://i.imgur.com/hQm8Rbl.jpg

I got that key, it's smaller than you think. They got a USB-stick version of it and that black box end is júst big enough to go around the connector. On that new key I didn't see anything similar you could easily stick into an ignition switch as they still use. I did see a seam in the shiny material but that must be for changing battery.

That the key for the whole range? (Well, before the new style), Exact same as the sprinters & Vito van's at work...well without the chrome.

I know it happens between models, but would have expect a difference other than chrome to show that you own an S-Class rather than a workhorse Sprinter.

That said, my age LS400 shares the key design with the Toyota Land Cruiser, just the logo's swapped... :lol:

Look at old Audi key fobs. At my previous work we had keyfobs for the prototypes originally coming from Audi S models yet they looked identical to Skoda keys.

Must be! I guess the idea behind is no matter what model you drive it's still a Merc, hence everyone gets a nice key :lol: It's odd though, it's like a USB drive you put in your car and turn :oook:

Helmy, send pls the plastic cap that goes over the USB connector on the Merc USB key. I've lost it and the key doesn't look like a real key anymore. :( Thx m8.

It's got better, though. VAG doesn't use the same key fob design throughout their range anymore, BMW has got several types and Merc... Well, ehm, AMG models get the little Affalterbach badge on the back of the same key that's been used since early 2000's. :p

I like Porsche keys, btw.

Must be! I guess the idea behind is no matter what model you drive it's still a Merc, hence everyone gets a nice key :lol: It's odd though, it's like a USB drive you put in your car and turn :oook:

I actually wanted to try that, I think one of the USB sticks I have has a cover cap that should fit, the newer ones have a rib on one side. But I still need my car sort of xD

The Ford ones are good. None of this putting a key into a keyless ignition cars ignition key slot. :fp: Unlock the car, press a button to turn it on and forget.

The only downside is that if the key falls out of your pocket when you're driving you have to crawl around trying to find it when you want to lock the car. :hmmm:

Yah, that's one thing I don't like about keyless go/comfort access systems is that you have to put the key fob somewhere - they say use your pockets but I don't like things in my pockets, and there is, as far as I know, no dedicated place to put the damn key in.

What's wrong with putting the key fob into a slot and pushing the start button anyway... :hmmm:

Yah, that's one thing I don't like about keyless go/comfort access systems is that you have to put the key fob somewhere - they say use your pockets but I don't like things in my pockets, and there is, as far as I know, no dedicated place to put the damn key in.

What's wrong with putting the key fob into a slot and pushing the start button anyway... :hmmm:

It defeats the point of being keyless :p

Lexus' are like that too Mells, much better. It unlocks with your hand on the handle, locks with a button on the outside, and starts with a button inside.

That's what E-gen BMW's without Comfort Access had - and it's still better than turning the keys (the old way). Seriously don't know what's wrong with that. You need to put the key somewhere and why not in a dedicated key slot.

In new models, you don't use the key to start the engine even if the car does not have Comfort Access.

Story:

My sister's husband owns a BMW with CA. He got out of the car to talk to someone with the engine and AC running. After that he forgot that the car was on, locked the car and went to work. Think he locked it with the key. Several hours later he came back to the car - engine running, fuel almost gone, AC blasting...

My sister's husband owns a BMW with CA. He got out of the car to talk to someone with the engine and AC running. After that he forgot that the car was on, locked the car and went to work. Think he locked it with the key. Several hours later he came back to the car - engine running, fuel almost gone, AC blasting...

The Lexus was smart enough to turn itself off :cheeese:

That Bugatti looks like the child of a Veyron and a Mustang to me :lol: Definitely not a fan thus far :hmmm: