We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

They just start spam again ?

sti228

Sim racing games are so over-rated, what both companies do to promote each game are wrong. #1 Someone else telling you how it feels to race #2 Bad marketing with spam. Same thing. They are both telling you a lie in which you need to find out for yourself. Fancy models. Fancy stats. Fancy tuning. Both these games are not 'sim racers'. Don't get me wrong, the likes of Forza & Project cars look great (my opinion/don't hate) but it's the real reason why I have given up on driving games since TDU2.

X-motor racing have actually done well for being an indie studio when the market is flooded with multi-million dollar companies creating the same game with newer features and graphics.

DFKOt1RmYfSXoI6FztYwDVJN5AvhTg.png

I guess we better all jump on board X Motor Racing if the bots tell us to :lol:

btw I have played the X Motor Racing demo many years ago when it was new, it was absolute rubbish then and looking at the video above it seems like nothing has changed. iirc I had to spend an hour working out how to map by wheel controls in a config file because they had no in-game interface to do it.

pCars actualy is a parody, funny, overrated unoptimised game.

And no, i am not a bot.

Look at this graphics, look at this effects, look at this bla bla, but yeah, you need 980 to run it.

They postponed game to add more effects and stuff and to make it even more unoptimised and they got tons of money to make it.

You do realise that you don't have to be able to play the game with everything set to Ultra, right? I wish more games had visual settings beyond the reach of many so that they would look even more awesome years later. Similar to how my old PC couldn't play TDU1 on stock High settings, but on newer PCs I could play at the highest settings AND make use of HQ texture mods, the HD (draw distance) mod, and force higher AA.

If the game was optimised to extreme levels, it wouldn't be dynamically calculating stuff and therefore wouldn't be a simulation. Same reason why MS Flight Sim X was never "optimised".

Yeah i do realise but game is just pointless and would get boring very fast, not at all what i expected at start.

But it isnt a simulation anyway, its "look at this graphics" .

At least many more people can play TDU very well and have more fun.

I'm interested in your reasonings. I've played just about every driving game and sim available, and I also have real life race track experience, and with my Fanatec wheel I feel more connected to the virtual cars in pCARS than in any other sim. iRacing is close but they key differentiator is the modelling of the accelerator pedal, and the subtle aural feedback you get from it... this allows you to get closer to the edge of grip without going over in a more consistent way.

Speaking of... many older sim's simply reduced grip to increase the challenge, but speak to anyone with track experience and they'll tell you it's a complete myth. (The whole reason why BC joined SMS in the first place. See also Tiff Needell's video review of various racing games). Racing cars in particular with big fat slick tyres have bucket-loads of grip. GT3 race cars have ABS and stability control. Circuit racing is about fast lap times, not drifting (might be a by-product but not a requirement). Of course, if your feedback is based on random tests without checking the forums to see what the devs were working on or experimenting with then you might want to try again later. Don't forget wheel settings and car setup can also make a big difference :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, never. :hmmm:

I once spend a week for a walkthrough of Dead Space 3. At the beginning I wanted the game, then I watched the complete walkthrough and never thought about it again, untill now.

Walkthroughs and Live streams are rubbish in my opinion, as you just loose your time and interest in the game

I am so negative, ain't I? :mhmm:

That's why I first play the actual game, and afterwards watch videos about it, if even.