We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your desktop!

Eudemon

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started working on a big Rainmeter project just for fun last week, and this is what I've got up to.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx20/ScoobSTi/2debce07.png

Click for fullsize

It's a digital dash based on the AIM MXL Strada display, but only for a computer, and not a car. As of now, it's almost 100% functional. The lap timer works (click the "STRT" and "STOP" buttons on the right), HDD space (disguised as oil level under the timer), overall CPU usage (disguised as power), battery level (disguised as fuel, but I'm not sure if it works as I'm on a desktop), and the big number on the bottom right is the CPU1 core monitor, which I made look like the current speed.

What's fake and is for show is the digital rev gauge and current RPM and gear position. Technically the traction control, ABS and stability control are fake, but they can actually be toggled with the "AID" button on the bottom. I didn't want to make the button say "AIDS" as we know that's quite awkward. "PWR" button works, and when clicked, shuts off the entire display.

The Sparco wheel (plus the gauge and digital rev) I made from GIMP. The wheel is based on the Carbon 385. It's still a WIP but I quite like the look of all of it. Wallpaper will eventually change to fit this "racecar" cockpit.

TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read) - Why Did I Code That? Because Racecar.

• 3 weeks later...