We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pursuit Freeroam & Getaway Multiplayer mode idea.

Eudemon

Do you think this is a good idea?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Hell yes, sounds fun!
    • Nope, I don't want that.
    • Not sure, I'm 50/50 about it.

Right this is something I came up with early this morning while messing around with a group of regs and new people.

What if there was the normal freeroam mode where you can speed and do crazy things all you like and then there was another freeroam mode called something like Police Stop. Now what I mean by this is it is still freeroam but instead in this mode you can choose to be either a normal car driver or a police officer. It works in the same principle as normal freeroam apart from you make your money by catching other players who are breaking the law be it speeding, driving on the wrong side or such like. The police get a radar/speedtrap and sit in a layby or whatnot and when a speeder goes by the game will snap that player (photo) going by and then the chase begins, now here is where it gets interesting, depending on the session you're in you might be the only cop in their or if you're really unlucky and you're the speeder you may well have 5 or 6 cops on you and the cops can interact and communicate with each other to ask for help in catching you. Now the reason I say make 2 mode's in freeroam is of course some people just like to thrash about at 200mph all the time and getting stopped or chased all the time might not be their cup of tea hence the options of either or. The photo taken is so that should you stop that player the game will show the photo of them speeding which will save in their profile and on yours also as a reminder of who you have stopped or been stopped by.

Another multiplayer game that I thought of also was Getaway. Now you know how much I want passenger cam in this game so it sort of goes along with that. Basically you have 1 cop per 3 people and these 3 people are in the 1 car hence passenger cam. You have the driver, navigator and someone else who could maybe be a spotter in the back. Now the objective is to get you and your buddies to a point that is set by the players not preset so you can do a long jaunt or a short sprint, it's upto you entirely, the cops objective is to stop you and as I was saying 1 cop per 3 runners could mean if it stays at 8 in a session, 2 cops chasing 2 runners with 3 people in each.

Going back to the first suggestion this would be a way to get round the strict rules for the singleplayer where the majority want the police to be more real and active by chasing you should you do certain things ala Driver series. Just imagine though speeding through then all of a sudden you hear a siren behind you and you have to lose the pursuing cop by a big distance but because the cops are a team, you might be running from real people for who knows how long.

Just an idea and yes I know I go on about passenger cam too much. lol

So this is what you come up with when you sit there daydreaming for hours...

Anyways, these are brilliant ideas, you gotta hell yes from me :D

EDIT: I think when using the Police mode, the game would have to have some way of monitoring when you are actually breaking the law, so you can't get done by n00bs for no reason.

Yeah it was, don't you remember how the idea popped into my head baldy? It was very specific and relative to the idea itself, the idea came about by the almighty .........look at my GPS in the Mercedes CLS55 AMG. Don't ask!

My mind would confuse even the brainiest of people.

GOod idea, is this an idea for Atari to implement into TDU2?

What would be useful for TDU2, if you could create your own server, with a max players limit so people can search for your server to make it easier to join the same session.

I agree man.. Especially like the Getaway idea.. anything that brings player controlled cop chases back into the decent car game has my full vote.. also like MadMax's idea about creating your own driving room on a server.. I know you can lock to people in the game but creating your own room could allow you to setup a range of driving parameters and invite friends.