We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Die-cast cars, which one to get?

Aquila DK

Which die-cast car should I get?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which die-cast car should I get?

• Maserati MC12
    • Porsche Carrera GT
    • Ferrari 430 Scuderia
    • Ferrari Enzo
    • Another car, link in post.
    • None at all, it's a waste of money.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just googled it and it's only Kyosho and Tamiya who do a 1/12 version of the Enzo. The difference is the Kyosho one is more expensive but is all diecast and the Tamiya one is less expensive as it comes semi assembled and is not all diecast. Although AFAIK you only get the black 1/12 Enzo from Tamiya and not Kyosho.

You have got me talking bloody jargon about all this now :rolleyes:

Hope it's of some use :p

CMC also make very good models. I have a 1/18 Maserati Tipo 51 Birdcage from them and it's a stunning piece of kit. Better than any Autoart or Kyosho BUT they are around £150 and not many cars have been done. It's mostly classics and vintage racing cars. An exception is the SLR though as they do that in 1/12 and 1/18.

Although the 1/12 of the SLR costs a whopping £1500 or something. Better not to think about it :D

If you can wait until you get a model then you can get the Koenigsegg CCX which is being done by AUTOart and is scheduled for release sometime this year hopefully.

Theres also some other cars coming out this year in 1/18. Can't remember which ones though. I'm a member of a diecast forum and have been for a year now so I know these things ;)

Just seen that you can now get a 1/12 Veyron! Made by AUTOart also. But is it not a bit out of your price range? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-12-Autoart-12533-Bugatti-EB-16-4-Veyron-Ice-Blue_W0QQitemZ150248507395QQihZ005QQcategoryZ223QQcmdZViewItem

Looks amazing in Ice Blue, really :)

i'd say get the MC12, mainly cos i collect 1/18 scale cars and i have the other three so.... meh. which ever one you like the best so long as you're willing to pay for the quality it doesn't matter. i collect more classic 1/18 scale cars like aston martin DB5 and e-type Jags. also i have a Ferrari 250 GTO, and a Lamborghini Miura. in total i own 34 1/18 cars and 5 1/18 scale motorbikes

Yeah the Miura is also quite nice. I have a yellow 1/18 AUTOart version of the SV and it looked stunning until I took it to a show :cry::rolleyes:

Btw the 1/12 Veyron is now officially on the AUTOart website :

http://www.aa-collection.com/cgi-bin/autoartshopping/12533.html

Shipping is confined to Asia which sucks, not that I could afford one anyway :p

I don't really think the Hotwheels Elite models are up to much. I know they are Ferrari models but....I guess it depends how much you really like the real cars or if you just want a quality model.

I guess i'm more with the quality model side and thats why I really like AUTOart and Kyosho. Kyosho also do Ferrari's and IMO those are the better models. Especially the ones like the 575 GTC and Daytona Racing cars ;)