We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Time for the Veyron to sit down!!

Looks like the Veyron and SSC Aero have got a new rival...

the Porsche 9FF GT9

Original Source

http://cars.uk.msn.com/Reviews/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7849526

First impressions

It's difficult to give a first impression when you've hit the deck and hidden beneath your hands, but that's the instinctive reaction when 987bhp, officially at least, explodes into life with all the subtlety of a nail bomb. But when the mind gets used to the kind of noise that frightens kids in the next county, the 9ff GT9 is a sight to behold. This should be the fastest car in the world and will eclipse the SSC Aero's record of 256mph as soon as Jan Fatthauer can find a dry day at the right circuit - he's already hit 250mph late at night on the Autobahn after all.

but it doesn't hurt that it looks the part when 20 willing punters will be asked to part with £350,000 for the privilege of owning the fastest car on this Earth.

Need to know

Petrol engine

4.0-litre, flat-six, twin-turbo

Power (bhp)

Torque (lb/ft)

0-62mph (secs)

Top speed (mph)

Combined MPG

CO2 emissions (g/km)/tax (%)

n/a

Personally I don't think anyone can ever tell the Veyron to sit down and say they have beat it unless they do exactly as the Veyron does, and that is allow anyone to take it up to those high speeds and do so with hardly any palaver or any actual babying needing of the engine after every run.

They needed a Professional Racer to take the SSC Ultimate Aero whatever to it's speed and the 9ff like all 9ff's would probably kill most people who can drive a car but the Veyron, well James May managed it and did it look like a lot for the car to do, no chance.

Nothing will beat the Veyron until they actually equal it. There may be cars faster than it, but there's nothing that beats it. :D

<cough> TUNER <cough>

[RANT]

Just let some EXTREEMLY rich bloke buy a Veyron and give it to a Tuner ... and then all these stupid people comparing Tuner and Stripped out Race cars to the Veyron will shut up

[/RANT]

Sorry I work in the industry and hate it when people incorrectly compare motor vehicles. It's like people saying a fully tuned Skyline will be a F430 ... yes it will but then go and modify the F430 so the engine lasts a few miles before you need to strip it down and then see who wins ... oh and for reference I had a Mini that would beat a Sierra Cosworth 0-60 ... I know cos I did it quite a few times

As much as i hate the Veyron, nothing has told it to sit down yet, and i don't think anything will yet. Diablo is right, it's the only car with such power and speed that is still luxurious, can still be driven normally on roads, isn't painfully loud without any babying needing to be done to the engine or the tyres.

And Hybrid is right as well, everyone compares these tuning cars to the Veyron, but there are plenty of Skylines and Supras, not to mention the Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer that can beat the Veyron in terms or handling, acceleration or top speed, but when people compare them, everyone says "Yeah, but they're tuned". Then those same people come out with the 9ff. It's still a tuned car.

Find a car that is as driveable as the Veyron, handles better, is as quiet, accelerates quicker and has a better top speed made by a company that made their own engine and everything for it instead of tuning someone elses engine, THEN they can say it's time for the Veyron to sit down.

Here`s what I think if I have to choose between Veyron, 9ff and SSC :

1. I`ll choose the Veyron:thumbsup:

2. Because it`s the best looking:p

3. Because it`s the most practical

4. Because it`s best made

5. Because it can be driven by anyone

6. Because it`s faster in the hands of any driver, not like the others two