We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Really old games which are really good

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Mb:

Midtown Madness was the best game ever, I literally spent hours upon hours of just cruisin' around Chicago randomly :thumbsup:.

I only wish I could play it on my laptop but I can't :cry:.

Same goes for Midtown Madness 2 & 3 both excellent games but I can't play them :cry:.

Guest RB26DETT
Tekken 3.

First game I completed.

Brilliant.

:D

+1. Hwoarang FTW! :D

NFS 3: Hot Pursuit

Half Life

Quake 2

Metal Gear Solid

I remember playing DOOM for hours, over and over again. I used to be so good at that game. I had to sneak onto my dads old 486 when the shareware first came out

Quake was awesome also but the first game to have a huge impact on me was the original Unreal. It was just such a beautiful game! And so massive aswell, i spent hours just epxloring the maps. It had the precursor to UT, with bots too. Still have it in its original packaging along with Quake (that I borowed from a mate and never returned :o) and Anno 1602.

Still play them all occaisionally.

Midtown Madness <3

:D

That game was excellent in the days of Zone.com. I used to come home from school every day find a new mod to download and install then I'd spend all evening online. Shame I was on dialup internet in those days, I always had to disconnect and reconnect before I'd been on for a full hour to apparently keep down the cost of me being online all the time.

Midtown Madness 2 had some great downloads. Had to love the Mustang GT with NOS which was capable of an insane speed of something like 1300MPH. Before I had downloaded it all I saw were a load of red Mini's flying around at 1000MPH. It made me laugh every time.

- NASCAR '95 (my first ever game), brilliant game, the worst graphics ever but amazingly realistic.

- Tekken, another brilliant game. Stupidly hard, but very good. Same goes for 2 and 3, but they weren't hard.

- Gran Turismo, fantastic. At the time it was such a brilliant game, same goes for 2.

- Unreal Tournament, somehow so weird but so fun.

- MDK, another weird game that was fantastic.

- Pokemon Blue, the greatest handheld game of all time.

Will think of more later, off to play GTA:IV a bit.

Guest RB26DETT

- Pokemon Blue, the greatest handheld game of all time.

Pokemon Yellow! Much more difficult than Red or Blue. :thumbsup:

NASCAR 98 was my cool too.

Matt88;86020']BRILLIANT GAME! I loved the intro movie to it' date=' with the green Porsche crashing into the logo... classic.[/quote']

I didn't even know it was Swedish until I looked it up on Wiki :D

Too bad UDS shut down in 2004 :sulk:

I'm actually about to play it right now xD

Ah, btw, check out http://www.bobulous.org.uk/ignition/

Lots of useful facts :D

A lot of games I'd mention are already said but where are:

- Commander keen

- Pipe dreams

- Prince of persia

- Stunt

- Tim (The Incredible Machine)

For consoles I can still remember the first time I played Mortal Kombat on the Sega Megadrive 16 bit, and ghost busters on my Atari 2600. :D