We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Choose your Language (English UK or US)

Eudemon

Hello all, in light of a few people asking about the sort of cross-pollination we have here between the English US and English UK languages we have decided to create 2 separate Language options for our users so that they can have their dates, times, tags and ize's/ise's in their respective language format.

What does this mean exactly?

Well if you visit your User CP and then click on Edit Options you will see a Language selector at the bottom with a small example of what the difference will be.

UK: 31/01/2009 with 24 Hour Clock

US: 01-31-2009 with 12 Hour Clock

If you spot anything that needs changing then please let us know. :)

Thanks

TDU Central Mad Squad

• 7 months later...
I currently use the US version but it shows up as UK date format ("12/31/2009"). This is fine by me, because I prefer the date format specified as being the UK date format and the clock is still 12-hour.

Thanks! :D

That date format is the US one we in the UK use "31/12/2009" :confused:

I think im going to go with Forum Default.. :D

I noticed most Aussie's use abit of American language and UK.. I found out cause talking to TSS and Reaper Yogurt is said differently over here and slight other differences. Like 'junction' in the UK over here its called 'Intersection' just few things.

• 2 months later...
Nice bump. :facepalm:

Yeah. However if there wasn't anybody who bumped threads you would never get your post count up with replies to them. ;)

And with the amount of times you have facepalmed, I am surprised your face isn't a crater. :nanananana:

Anyway, regarding the thread, I can't say I have ever had any problems with this. :)

Hmm, it's hard to choose between those. I don't like the date on either one, and I like 24 hour clock. Finnish date is basically same as UK but with dot as separator instead of slash: 31.01.2009.

The date I usually use is this "international" style 2009-01-31 (e.g. YYYY-MM-DD). Maybe a third option with that date and 24h clock? :)