We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Here's my families off road buggy. A little background, its got a 1600 CC motor from a VW Beetle, with a turbo added, probably making 150 to 170 hp and weighs about 1000 pounds. It has the same transmission that's used in the competition buggies at the Baja 1000. It has Fox shocks with about 10 to 12 inches of suspension travel, and special tires made for sand driving. Its a pretty sick ride especially when the turbo kicks in.

Just a crappy picture after we installed new LED lights on it

I demand videos.

I demand videos.

I'll try and get one next time we go out, its hard holding a camera while riding in it. Even with a 12 inches of suspension travel, most dips and whoops in the desert are deeper. The really high end buggies have 36 inches of travel and could go anywhere at high speed.

Had two new front tyres fitted. Also had the rear tyres taken off, the inside of the alloys cleaned with a wire brush grinder thingy and then the same tyres reseated. They both leaked about 2PSI per day but now they should be fine. One of them also had a puncture which was fixed for a fiver. New valves and wheel weights all round too. Handles so much better now and not the slightest bit of wheel vibration at 55mph. Use to feel it a bit at 40.

reju2.jpg

The mechanic also knew to jack the car up using the subframes and not the floors! I was shocked. :lol:

I don't know why mine's so shiny. I washed it when it was dark so I couldn't even see what I was doing. :lol:

Not waxed it either. All I used was some car shampoo, and not even expensive stuff. Carplan Tripplewax I think it's called. Maybe drying it with big microfibre cloths helped. *shrug*

I've had one uploaded to youtube for a few hours but it's 40 mins long and 1080p so it's taking a while to get past the "edit in progress" bit and I need to cut a bit from the start of the video.

There's 7 minutes of just the engine noise and video with no talking until I muted the video.