We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

:phil2: I still see wood by the shifter and HVAC controls...

Indeed you do(didn't see the cigi lighter/ash tray are not covered as well though;)). I just did the top part and seeing how it looked, then doing the rest after....that was 3 months ago :lol:

Ryzza , how is the MK7 in comparison with the MK6?

I test-drove one a few months before my parents bought theirs. It drives a lot better in regards to the dry clutch DSG, glad to see they've sorted that out. Much lighter/more responsive accelerator pedal. The Mk7 is much more value for money in regards to the equipment you get, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few places where money has been saved (although I think the new unifying MQB architecture accounts for this somewhat as well). I like the auto-hold feature but the electronic parking brake may take some getting used to.

Ry, don't you want to give/trade in your MkVI for your parent's MkVII? :p A lot of people said VW did a lot more cost cutting with the MkVII (or new Škoda's), i.e. rear door panels now are made from hard plastics etc., not mentioning the rear axle... :hmmm:

It costs money to upgrade to a new car, and I'd be losing more than what I stood to gain, which is why I'm waiting for the GTI/R to land here. The basics that come to mind are performance (supercharger + APR Stage 1), leather seats, larger touch screen head unit + 30GB HDD and DVD player, sports steering wheel with paddles, sports pedals, and so on.

lol are we really doing this? :lol:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/DanG323/Civic%20EM1%20Coupe/SAM_0301.jpg

That's an old pic, I have a dual-bend shifter now so the knob is straight...:rolleyes:

On the other hand this pic is from yesterday in north west london:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/DanG323/Civic%20EM1%20Coupe/IMG_0046.jpg

I'm impressed with my new phone's camera. Which reminds me, I need to update another thread...

@ Dan: I just realized your car's No plate. Your car's now called 'Nam' in my eyes now!

So we have 'Wolf' & 'Nam' the Civics on here! :lol:

The best I can come up with is TeeNam lol, which is horrific. You can spell out Tina, but I hate that...

I think that's the main reason why you don't feel it to be special... the sensations you get behind the steering wheel are completelly different from the ones in the passenger seat. Just wait untill you drive it and then you can tell if it really lacks the "something else" thing. :lol:

Yeah, guess this is it. :hmmm:

Guest MrLolololXD

Suppose I should upload a pic of my actual interior then, haven't got a very good or recent one though, but here.

8912998843_6dd9780abd_b.jpg

023 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

I've got some new heater control buttons that should be here soon (no more 'yellow' buttons :msuh3:) plus I have my TRD speedo to put in, so when I pull the dash apart to do those I'll be able to have a look at what's causing that little bump in the dash just above and to the left of the speedo. Hopefully it's not warped and has just had the dash out before to replace a light bulb or something and not been put back properly. If it is warped then bugger it it can stay that way lol

Suppose I should upload a pic of my actual interior then, haven't got a very good or recent one though, but here.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/8912998843_6dd9780abd_b.jpg

023 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

I've got some new heater control buttons that should be here soon (no more 'yellow' buttons :msuh3:) plus I have my TRD speedo to put in, so when I pull the dash apart to do those I'll be able to have a look at what's causing that little bump in the dash just above and to the left of the speedo. Hopefully it's not warped and has just had the dash out before to replace a light bulb or something and not been put back properly. If it is warped then bugger it it can stay that way lol

Man i want a Supra :( But there are no LHD versions of them around here! -.-