We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your Drawings!

cis4care

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hassan, just a tip, a pain one that nobody likes to hear, but it's always good to remember:

Don't focus much on details, such as what's inside the headlamps, try to improve your proportion... use more straight lines, like an Audi.... and later, when i get time, i will post here a "guide" for the right proportion according to which type of car you draw, if it's a sedan, or a van... lol

P.S. You might remember me, because i can forget things that i say i would do. But will try not to forget. lol Promise.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that a SUV or a station? Also, can i make an overlay? :D

Edit: You should make an overlay too.

Try to improve these, for start:

1st - Make the wheelbase longer. (It must fit at least 3 wheels between, so, you draw 5 circles, side-by-side)

2nd - Make the floor line

3rd - Trace a line, crossing the wheels, to define the ride height.

4th - define the front and rear overhang. (This also defines your engine position, if it's like a BMW, it has a really short front overhang, but the cabin is more behind... pushing the doors more to the back) Yours is more like an Audi, with the engine really up front, so the front overhang is bigger. Rear overhangs are longer in stations and sedans.

5th - to give it more of a 3d feeling, draw a line, under the car, simulating the wheels from the other side.

6th - Look for side view references on internet.

side-view-sketch-tutorial-bove.jpeg

This shows the wheels on the other side quite well.

What sort of notebook is that Milli? need to find some decent quality paper, Those are some brilliant sketches :D

I have no idea, actually. I just found it on some random store and bought it. :lol:

Thanks a bunch, Milli. :)

No problem Mercedes, and now i want to see improvements. :lol: :D

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: Nothing more recent? Although, i should see if i can find an old drawing of mine. Just for the luls :hmmm:

I knew i had something stored in this computer, i drew these 2 for a friend, i believe, somewhere around 2002 or so, and he still have it. :lol:

[spoiler=Click]

eegfKd2.jpg

MFxOSL2.jpg

Back them i used to put the vehicle specs, because i thought it was a cool thing to do. Lol But i was not very clever, because the Ford says V8 in the name and in the specs, it's actually a W16. :lol: