We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PCGames.de TDU2 article summary by tdu-c.de

Schreck

125 * 1.21 = 151.25 cars in TDU2.

That's not a lot compared with Forza/GT5/NFS...?

And where did that 1/4 of a car come from?

Anyway, my emotions will stay the same until I see some new info, pics and if there is new info, it better be a good translation if it's in a different language.

Offroad, it will be possible to discover car wrecks. Discovering car wrecks will unlock exclusive vehicles at the car dealers.

So finding old damaged cars unlocks new cars? So that be like COD4 intel items being collected unlocks cheats.

There will be optical damage only. The damage will have no affect on the vehicle's performance or handling. On the other hand the damage does not cost anything, because there will be no car repairs.

So that means visual damage only, we knew that, and what do you mean "no car repairs"? Once you damage your car you can't fix it, or what?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that means visual damage only, we knew that, and what do you mean "no car repairs"? Once you damage your car you can't fix it, or what?

Just in case your question was targeted at me: I do not mean anything. I just did the translation, nothing else. :)

Anyway, i've taken a look at the magazine scans at tdu-c.de. Here are a few more bits and pieces i could pick up:

• The story will be more "exciting" than in TDU1.
  • The story had influence on the decision towards Ibiza as location. This bit is from the interview with the Eden Games producer (Last page, bottom). However, that's all she says about it, she reveals no details.
  • You get Discovery Points for discovering roads, dealers etc.
  • The weather will affect the car's handling. Rainy weather = slippery roads.

Overall the article is not very impressive. I think it contains 20% about TDU1, 20% gibberisch, 20% speculation, 20% unconfirmed facts, which leaves 20% real facts.

Still, thanks to drivefast from tdu-c.de for the scans.

i know little bit German and i can confirm that the translation is correct.

i'm a little disappointed with those 1200km. as for the mp3 player... well i hated the player in tdu1, because it always played the same song in the beginning and i couldn't change the track...

Welcome to the forum dim!

Offroad, it will be possible to discover car wrecks. Discovering car wrecks will unlock exclusive vehicles at the car dealers.

huh?

What is this Burnout Paradise? That's dissapointing...

did anyone else notice the track-like looking thing on the map?? not sure if its a track a valley or a town but judging by the size of what looks to be the roads compared to the rest of the roads it looks like a track

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9141/pcg22af0rtrack.jpg

Ehe that's cool we need a track.

The car will probably be repaired every time you reset or go back to your house.

did anyone else notice the track-like looking thing on the map?? not sure if its a track a valley or a town but judging by the size of what looks to be the roads compared to the rest of the roads it looks like a track

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9141/pcg22af0rtrack.jpg

Good eye man!

That's great, we need a track. I hope it's less boring than the one in TDU1 though..

Welcome to the forum dim!

huh?

What is this Burnout Paradise? That's dissapointing...

I don't know about Burnout Paradise, but I think it could actuality be fun to have to find hidden things in the map.

I´ll guess we have to wait to see.

But, the island has roads scattered in every place, for sure more than Oahu. I think that is good. :thumbsup:

I think the driveable roads going to be very similar to Oahu in terms of miles or kilometres, but only time will tell.

Refering to Mp3 player..well, for me it´s not a big problem, that way we can ear and concetrate in the wonderful roar the cars will do :D Ah and concerning that, i hope this time Atari do very similar or real engine noises to them :rolleyes:

I don't know about Burnout Paradise, but I think it could actuality be fun to have to find hidden things in the map.

When you win a couple of races. A man tells you that theres a car cruising around the city, so you need to hit him ( make a Takedown) so when you destroy it, you got it in your garage.

When you win a couple of races. A man tells you that theres a car cruising around the city, so you need to hit him ( make a Takedown) so when you destroy it, you got it in your garage.

And whats wrong with the system Eden games are setting up? I personally dont mind cruising around finding wrecks to unlock cars. Makes people actually explore the island rather then stick to the main highways all the time Al'a TDU 1.

.... as for the mp3 player... well i hated the player in tdu1, because it always played the same song in the beginning and i couldn't change the track...

The first song is true but u could change the track any time, with the same button that switches the radio station, only tap it twice...

When I read the stuff about wrecks, my thoughts were similar to unlocking the liveries in FUEL by finding cars that were hidden offroad. Then I thought of this concept screenshot:

pic-1895.jpg

Obviously that looks nothing like the pics of Ibiza already showcased, but it may shed light on the hidden wrecks scenario. Eden want us to go offroad in SUVs, so that we forget about the smaller area.

On the European forums, we once did an offroad race, from the NE lighthouse to the SW one, was great fun, and it took about an hour or two (in Audi RS4's and Lamborghini's). I went in a Koenigsegg since I figured the extra power would negate the need for 4WD if I could keep my speed up and not get stuck.

Some people here seem to think the % numbers on the top of I believe the second scan (with the Zonda and the interview at the bottom) to be facts about TDU2, like 10% better graphics and 25% better cars.

It ain't though. Those are results from a previous poll on the site of that magazine. Like in, 10% of all voters wants better graphics, etc etc.

So I say again, those numbers say nothing about the game, they are pure pollresults and nothing else.

Yes it is possible that they were asked to take them down. Some magazines don't like you posting full res scans or pics of their media, hence why the method of posting medium-large - not full res pics - and describing or taking quotes is usually seen.

BTW :googleit: is your friend. - test drive unlimited 2 scans (last 24 hours)