We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fuel Consumption

Eudemon

Fuel Consumption in TDU2?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Fuel Consumption in TDU2?

Some of us want it, some wouldn't mind if it was optional, some don't want it at all and some us don't care either way. What camp are you in?

Yes

Yes as an option

No

Not bothered either way

Personally I'd like it as an option. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I'm the opposite, I'd have it on for Single Player challenges perhaps it could be like a Difficulty bonus type thing and alternate between the online as imagine if there are online pursuits, you could only run until your fuel ran out. lol

YES It woulden't surprise me if TDU2 will end up like TDU1 after you beat everything and have tons of money. You have nothing to spend it on! Lets say you own 30+ cars. It costs a lot of money to keep fuel in them. If you want to continue to play, then you have to do races to keep money in your pocket and gas in your cars.

I speed limit cruise everywhere I go, so if speed was a variable in how fast or slow your gas goes down, then the more cars you drive, and the way everyone drives, will cost you a lot in gas! YES. Not an option.

Do you mind if I create a similar thread @ the atari fourms??

Be my guest, I don't think I can trademark this, though if you want to pay royalties that's fine with me!

I'm sure we can work out a deal. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Well, the forums over at atari are stupid. They don't have a poll option that I can find.. :(

I was all for a forced on, but come to think of it, i'd rather the option for the times I just want to do a bloody big cruise.

I'd prefer it as an option, and considering that now we're earning XP for certain things (like just cruising) then driving with fuel should be worth extra XP.

I was all for a forced on, but come to think of it, i'd rather the option for the times I just want to do a bloody big cruise.

I'd prefer it as an option, and considering that now we're earning XP for certain things (like just cruising) then driving with fuel should be worth extra XP.

Thing is, it would be an excuse for everyone to stop, chat, and rest during a cruise, and a good tactical challenge for long-distance, around-the-island race/cruises. And a good excuse for people to mock when someone forgot to fill up and has to be pushed. :cheeky:

I'm still for no-option fuel consumption - remember, it's going to be a whole different game, not just a mod for TDU where some have it and some don't. :)

-Leadfoot

I would say have Fuel enabled by default, but be able to disable it only in the following circumstances:

> Cruising offline

> The person who creates an private online session can choose the settings - everyone who joins that session will have have the same settings.

> The person who creates an private online session can choose the settings - everyone who joins that session will have have the same settings.

Correct me if there's info that I missed, but I have a feeling there won't be any private online sessions. :( But hey, we can hope! :)

I was assuming any fuel system would be filled automatically at the start of a race. At the end of said race, when you're back to cruising, the fuel gauge would be wherever it was at the previous free-roam time.

-Leadfoot

Well, you could mimic the way MCLA deals with NOS levels and damage.

When you start an event, you are prompted if you want to repair and fill up. (That way, you should never run out of fuel in a race, maybe except for the Millionaire's challenge - but that would be more fun if you had to strategise between picking a fast car and one that doesn't gulp down its fuel)

When you finish the event, your car and fuel level remain the way they were at the end of the race.

I reckon that it should be optional but when it is enabled, we can have backup fuel or something in the car to use if we really need it. Otherwise it would get really, really annoying.

And if it is to be always enabled, there will have to be a million Fuel stations around Ibizia. And secondly, where else would the 4x4s get their fuel if they are on the top of a mountain or exploring rivers? If fuel is going to be evident, there must be a way of keeping that ride full of juice or with a fuel station every mile.

4WD's could always buy and carry fuel canisters like in MOTORM4X Offroad Extreme.

If you run out of FUEL in that game, a quick prompt comes up and you pay a small penalty for running out. As long as there are 10-20 filliing stations evenly-ish spaced, half of them very close to the main roads, I think it'll be fine.

By the time you end up becoming a multi millionaire, you won't care if you fill up or not because the penalty (i.e. $300) would be spare change.