We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Did you get impressed by TDU2's second trailer?

HOAX

Give The Good Life Trailer a score:  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Give The Good Life Trailer a score:

• 10/10
    • 9/10
    • 8/10
    • 7/10
    • 6/10
    • 5/10
    • 4/10
    • 3/10
    • 2/10
    • 1/10

I think they've tried too hard to improve the characters (although it looks like they didn't do a very good job, as they still look like someone's hit them upside the head with a shovel) and have left the cars behind. The off-roading looks too unrealistic, almost unbearable for someone who really knows what it actually is and what experience it should provide to the driver.

But the good thing, i really like the atmosphere, the look of the environment of Ibiza from what i've seen in these trailers.

6/10

I liked the 2nd trailer...why? Well.....

The Social part is good for me, as some of my friends have moved away, and not just down the road, places like England, Wales and Italy, So trying to have a night out with them is pritty much impossable unless we met each other in real life! But were all car fans and own a PS3, so least with TDU2 we will be able to have a 'night Out' in-game.

With the driving, i'm sure they will sort it out, for now it's maybe just looks bad as they are trying to show 'you can do drifts and spins', since drifting seems to be the way to get us teens to go 'OMG'.

The ammount of cars in the videos, as much as i want to see more...as someone said somehwere here, its maybe untill they deffo know that they have the licence, we dont want a repeat of GRiD where a Ferrari 430GT2 was showen, but diddent appere in the final game(Unless you have the last DLC pack)

I hope that for the social part, i hope that in the public aeras(Dealerships, shopping centers, nightclubs, etc) that NPC's apper to give the atmosphere of the place beeing alive!

One thing I notice is that the trailers seem to be done via a debug/freeroam camera or maybe it's the improved replay system, but it's possible like in other games that these scripted events or otherwise don't have everything implemented yet and we are basically seeing a set piece rather than actual ingame handling and control.

Think of the rendered FM3 trailer using ingame assets, remember how stupid and cheesy the slides and such looked? Just a thought, actual ingame videos ie someone playing is the only way to really tell what the handling will be like. Hopefully with E3 next month those won't be to long in coming either.

nail on the head - if the trailers were 'gameplay trailers' they would have been pulicised as such...

i like the 2nd trailer better - i agree it shows very little in the way of anything new but as far as capturing the imagination goes it does more for me than 90% of trailers for any other games...

i gave it a 9 :)

gave it 8/10 it is pretty good the music was well chosen i like the way they have shown us the day/night cycle, the rain, convertible tops, lights and other things like the dirt and damage but the physics still look like TDU1 but that is probably because the game is not finished yet and they will probably show another trailer closer to release and they will probably fixed all that up

Wow! :thumbsup:

In regards to the 4x4 tracks, I like the idea of light off road tracks as it good for people to learn I guess and not many people would be into hard core off roading but I think I'd like to find out/see more off REAL off roading, aka, rocking crawling, or crossing a river or climbing up a unlevel, rocky/slippery hill. If they're gonna have off road make it proper off road, what they've shown so far I can do in the original TDU. ALso I REALL y hope they have fixed that game "jumping". When u tried to climb an offroad hill in TDU the car would just come to a stop, level out so the back tires are in the air and make this crashing shound and like freefall back to the level grounds! So unrealistic, I hope they have fixed this with suspension flex and so forth on the 4x4's and Cars!

Im pretty sure the reason the off road trails look so flat & plain is because Eden have to make it so every car can traverse them. Face it there are gonna be elitist snobs who will refuse to drive the SUV's in this game & so the off road trails have to be made so the regular cars can still drive along them. Can you imagine the forums lighting up after release with a million *My (insert supercar here) cant drive on the off road trails?* topics, if they didnt make the off road trails & paths like that. It's just Eden taking the easy way out.

That would be very stupid imo. Isn't that the whole purpose of offroading? How are they gonna solve it in real life? They gonna get their own roadmaking machines to steamroll them a road suitable for a sportscar?

They can make some of the more major offroadroutes flat enough for supercars, but not everything...

The islands themself should be all the offroad people will need, there were plenty of nogo areas in TDU that would have required the use of a 4x4. We don't know how demanding the off road is going to be so why make a judgement not knowing.

The islands themself should be all the offroad people will need, there were plenty of nogo areas in TDU that would have required the use of a 4x4. We don't know how demanding the off road is going to be so why make a judgement not knowing.

Because I see that the offroad trails are perfectly flat making them 100% suitable for supercars, and I just find that a very stupid thing. Note it has also been mentioned in a few previews and you could see it very clearly in the trailer. It's something that some hope to be fixed for the sake of a bit more realism, and hopefully Eden will show new footage that the offroad is offroad, not wrongfully textures normal roads.

The deal of offroading is that areas are hard to access, which means only a certain type of vehicle will be able to do it. Supercars with no groundclearance whatsoever need to stay on flat asphalt roads, not on bumpy offroad trails.

It's like if they'd make a game about Icelandic Artictrucks, they would make water a solid surface so every car can drive on it, and all those mountaincliffs get very low gradients so every car can get at the top. Where's the fun in that?

Because I see that the offroad trails are perfectly flat making them 100% suitable for supercars, and I just find that a very stupid thing. Note it has also been mentioned in a few previews and you could see it very clearly in the trailer. It's something that some hope to be fixed for the sake of a bit more realism, and hopefully Eden will show new footage that the offroad is offroad, not wrongfully textures normal roads.

The deal of offroading is that areas are hard to access, which means only a certain type of vehicle will be able to do it. Supercars with no groundclearance whatsoever need to stay on flat asphalt roads, not on bumpy offroad trails.

It's like if they'd make a game about Icelandic Artictrucks, they would make water a solid surface so every car can drive on it, and all those mountaincliffs get very low gradients so every car can get at the top. Where's the fun in that?

I think this has more to do with the speed of off road racing,its very hard to drive fast over huge bumps and dips.And they just didn't have the technolegy to make realistic off road trails.

You'll have "offroad" tracks suitable for rally races (and by extension, supercars if you so wish), and there'll also have to be "offroad" tracks that require SUVs with 4WD. Try crossing O'ahu from East to West in a supercar and see how often you get stuck.

You'll have "offroad" tracks suitable for rally races (and by extension, supercars if you so wish), and there'll also have to be "offroad" tracks that require SUVs with 4WD. Try crossing O'ahu from East to West in a supercar and see how often you get stuck.
If i remeber coreectly to only problem i had was sliding backwards,hopefully the the islands terrain has more depbt.