We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mac or PC?

Mac or PC?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• Mac
    • PC

Apple has its ads about them being better than PC (Which i totally agree with). But what do you think? Mac or PC? I have an iPhone, iTouch, iMac, Macbook Pro, and I'm getting an iPad, so I'd have to go with Apple.

Wow... you picked the wrong forums for this.

Firstly it's going to turn into a flame war full of people ranting about price, games and accessories. Followed by people honestly justifying their preference only to be told they are wrong. You also have a large imbalance here, there are a handful of Mac users vs an army of PC users.

The result of this poll will be far more than predictable.

Aside from the cost I think I'd quite like a Mac. I've used a few before and they seemed pretty cool but the pricing isn't a strong point. I'll stick to my PC.

As said, this isn't a great forum to ask such a question on. It'll just end up like the threads about Xbox vs. PS3 with a load of fanboys saying everyone else is a fanboy when they're blatently a fanboy themselves.

Macs are good and what not, but a PC offers so much more value for money for me. Not to mention that there is more software available for PCs and the ability to easily upgrade them.

I was brought up using PCs and haven't used many macs so I'm going with PC.

Wow... you picked the wrong forums for this.

Firstly it's going to turn into a flame war full of people ranting about price, games and accessories. Followed by people honestly justifying their preference only to be told they are wrong. You also have a large imbalance here, there are a handful of Mac users vs an army of PC users.

The result of this poll will be far more than predictable.

Nothing has happened yet though, has it? ;)

Nothing has happened yet though, has it? ;)

Not yet no, a good preemptive rant goes a long way.

Oh and I don't think I stated my preference. Mac. Grew up using them and haven't had a real need to migrate.

Familiar? :cheeky:

Disclaimer : Don't worry, I am only making a joke so don't start to flame me. I only posted it for it's comedic value and I know it's not accurate.

Nice video :lol: that's alot like me with any Mac, I have absolutely no idea how to do anything mildly important on one. I stick with what I know and that's why I voted PC.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote videos, thanks!

great video:nuts:

apple is owned(at leat partly) by mirosoft and microsoft haven't made any good software in over 10 years now!:stinks:

So we are all DOOMED!!!!!!!:stinks:

Explanation is that microsoft holds the digital world by the nuts and most programs needs some form of microsoft operating system to run.:mad:

In college i'm lucky enough to use a 2004 eMac. 1.25GHz of power...

the emac was entry level at launch, designed for work...

Niggles with them:

Slow

All too happy to crash

Corrupts USB pens for fun

Have rubbish mice

Only have 1 USB 2.0 port

Word is hopeless

Word makes stupid noises all the time

Cant run more than 5 plugins on logic

Have a CRT screen (an utter crap one at that)

New macs however are great :D

• 4 weeks later...

I voted PC because:

-you can upgrade it

-there are more games for it

-from what I've heard, Microsoft copied OS whatever from Apple, so Windows 7 has a lot of features similar to Apple's software (not entire sure of this, but it's what I've heard. I can honestly tell you someone if who prefers Apple software trys Windows 7, they will only dislike 7 because it contains the word "Windows" and "Microsoft." It's pretty good).

The only thing I, and I'm sure others, dislike about Windows 7 is that it assumes you have never used a computer before and you don't know anything about computers (this is a bit of an exaggeration). Windows XP gives people who know the nuts and bolts about computers complete freedom in doing their things (like modding, installing certain software, and other stuffs). However, in Windows 7, there are all sorts of warning messages that pop up when you are doing stuff that normal people don't usually do (like modding). Obviously, you can turn off these messages.

I'd recommend you try out what Microsoft and Apple have to offer, everyone has a their own opinion on everything. However, I feel that PC's are the best bet.

E: Sorry, didn't realise how old this thread was!

Yea its over 50% iirc wich is why M$ can copy all there ideas and not get sued. They just shut apple down if they tried.

Not even close. Microsoft has around $150000000 of Apple Shares, less than 1% of Apple.

And the two are in some sort of partnership - Microsoft is the largest 3rd party software provider for Macs, with MS Office being the best selling Mac software.

And the plagiarism rumors is somewhat false, both companies take ideas from each other but no outright plagiarism has really ever occured. The original idea that Microsoft stole Apple's earlier operating system is partially a lie, because the operating system they "stole" was originally written in a programming language called Applesoft, which Apple originally bought from Microsoft.

In terms of operating system, I have no preference, both are easy enough to use and both are good for one thing or another, but due to Apple's limitations on customizing hardware, I stick with a PC.

• 1 month later...

I really wish people would stop posting after people have bumped a thread. It really doesn't help the matter does it, it just puts it back to the top again.

And he bumped it with a meaningful post that contributed to the thread. And it's only a month, it's not long like say, a year or two.