We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Open Beta coming!!

Eudemon

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test Drive gets a limited demo. Oh, the irony!

US, May 9, 2006

by Charles Onyett

LATEST IMAGES

View all 549 images »

LATEST VIDEO

View all 35 videos »

Players craving a play session with Test Drive Unlimited, Atari's upcoming racer of the self-styled Massively Open Online Racing (M.O.O.R.) genre should fire up their Xbox 360s; there's a demo on the Marketplace. In the demo, players will be able to play off and online on 40 miles of Oahu's roadways. Not only will players be able to race against AI or human controlled opponents, but also visit a Lamborghini showroom to test out some of the higher end rides.

The full game, set to release this September for the Xbox 360, will feature over 100 licensed cars and bikes. Each vehicle will be customizable with whatever option come standard from the actual manufacturer. With over 1000 miles of Oahu's tree-lined, sun-soaked roadways available to explore and race across on or offline, players will certainly have plenty to look forward to if they find the demo to their liking.

In addition to simply racing around in the full game, you'll also be able to customize your own parameters and publish them online. Once active, any online competitors can enter your challenge, trying to best your top time to claim the purse. It's certainly sounds promising, but now you can try it out yourself. For free

demo in may game in September

if this openings now is like a dream

Here's hoping they don't go all BC2 on us and restrict us to one place -.-

First off, it'd be extremely difficult to do that with an open-world-from-day-one game. Secondly, the TDU beta wasn't restricted, so this might be the same.

Thirdly, it would be completely understandable if they choose to do a small place, because that's a lot of files to move around and a lot of stuff that they need to finish early.

It's a beta. Just be glad if it's public. :)

-Leadfoot

It was the full island.. actually it was the full game lol

I didn't notice anything different, even the online was the same

The thing is the beta had some sort of timer, so that you couldn't play forever. When you clicked TDU's shortcut or exe, it would pop some SecuROM message saying there was only 3, or 2, or 1 day left. If you changed your date to like 1~2 days backwards, you could trick the game and play like.. forever lol :)

Lol even your old beta cdkey worked with the retail version of the game, although you couldn't play online lol

I'm hoping to see all contents of the game again although that might not be possible - TDU1 beta was like 3 or 4 GB and had everything.. this time we'll have 2 islands so it'll be huge in size lol. Downloading 5, 6, 7 or even 8GB just to test some things? I don't mind but that uses a lot of bandwidth.

I still have hope :D

demo in may game in September

if this openings now is like a dream

that cant be right because I clearly remember them releasing a 360 demo during E3 then another one in august :oook: lol still remember staying up all night waiting for both of em and switching in and out of the demo mp lobbies with the time limit the night the second came out

whatever heres to hoping the betas on 360 can't wait :excited:

translation>>>Hello everybody!

Following the new rumor that would suggest that beta 2 would soon TDU making players available, I took my small survey of people able to say concretely what it is ... you know the style of the house on this point.

It will therefore be a closed beta, not public beta as I've read in some places.

The release date is not fixed yet but we should not wait until a few weeks.

Finally I quote "Of course the forums will have a special place in the selected players."

Gentlemen, you know what it is now. I'll try to give you as and when information about the beta until its release.

As usual, I invite you to really pay attention to information you find on the net. Do not take them immediately for truths.

Come chat with us on the Forum

That would be a shame :(

*disconnects PS3 from lounge room and moves it into bedroom*

btw is now a good time to mention that I'm a bit of a programmer and have done the whole bug-finding rigmaroll thing in the past? :D

I've taken part in a few large Beta's (CoD4, BF:Bad Company, Blur, Xbox Dashboard) and the feedback system has tended to be flooded with people crying that opponents play like noobs rather than proper technical feedback. However unlike the others I actually care how TDU2 turns out and would be willing to tolerate all the complainers in order to help TDU2 be the best product it can be when it hits retail.