We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Needs A Car Mall **Pics Inside**

iLLGT3

So, since TDU is now more of a social game than ever before, how about a car mall..

This is a real life structure being built in Istanbul, Turkey and it is called Autopia Europia.

Featuring a roof-mounted racetrack outside and 56 separate bars inside' date=' the 708,661 square-foot Autopia Europia in Istanbul, Turkey will be the largest car dealership in the world. It's currently under construction, but here's a peek at the automotive wonder.[/quote']

Read more and even see a video here.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that there is a racetrack... on the roof?

A few renderings...

auto_mall_01.jpg

auto_mall_03.jpg

auto_mall_04.jpg

auto_mall_05.jpg

Now, would TDU not be the greatest game in the world if we had a car mall??

Why? Does a country like Turkey really need this?

The oval racetrack on the roof (alla Fiat) is cool though. I can imagine how test driving a car up there would give you perfect knowledge of how suited the vehicle was to your daily commute.

The main issue with that is that you'd go there to buy one car, and walk past a load of other cars that take your interest on the way, make your decision, and then regret it walking out of the building. You don't have that issue with separate dealers :P

It's in istanbul I suppose, so there should be enough visitors.

Maybe dealers in TDU2 could let you Test Drive certain cars for more than 2 minutes so that you can test them on the track? If they're in the car, they could advise which way to go like in real life along their main routes, just like friends would in multiplayer passenger cam mode.

I wonder when the first person will crash on the track and fall off the building.

Hah, yeah. That track does look a bit scary.

I bet they will use the special Hawaiian asphalt for the track :D

Well, as an architect I have to say, I like it. I'm also quite surprised that this haven't been made in Dubai first! ;)

That looks odd to say the least, but it does look quite cool. Doesn't one of the old Fiat buildings/carparks have an oval track on it's roof?

Yeah, their old factory. Was where the Italian Job chase was filmed (the old one).

There were some other buildings that had one over the years, but the Fiat one's the classic.

-Leadfoot

I can't make my mind up, wheather i like the idea or not....

It's good as everythings in one place, but at the same time thats what kind of puts me off! It's one thing beeing next door to each other, much like Park Lane in London has this...all pritty much next door, but not in this way. Yet Beeing like a motorshow could have it's advantages, such as beeing able to host a motorshow in the place! Maybe i'm just weird and like things how they are.....

Having one of these in TDU2.....i'm not really up for that, as when i first played TDU(on the PSP), As soon as i got my Alfa, i headed up north to get to the other dealers up there, just so i knew where they were, and what they sold! I kinda get the idea that dumping most of the cars in one place whould take somthing away from the game.

This would be cool to see in TDU2 for sure. One in Hawaii and one in Ibiza. Then just put them either in a suburb or near the city core so people can go and walk around the entire thing. It would make things so much easier...and the rest of the island can be set up with a dealerships scattered around.