We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because you can't put the police lights on the roof of a convertible. Which was my point with the Alfa. ;)

Good Point, But I've been thinking about the SLS as a Police car, Coz f the Gullwings i though "how they going to do that?", but Then i rembered the F1 Safty car is an SLS! :P But they could Put the lights ibehind the gripp and along the top of the Windscreen? Eatherway I guess it's because in real life They arn't any Convertables in any Police forces!

They threw in the new QP? Awesome.

Bit of a Whildcard to throw in the 'Luxary Saloons' like the Panameara & the QP! Although i hope they don't add in the Aston Rapid! :eek: Not a bad thing though for the Saloons!

This can is't on the list, but on a video, For a split second it looks like a Normal police car(like the 1st Stage police cars in NFS of past) is seen, and as the car your driving! I would post a link but i'm on the PS3 typing this!

I do with people would stop bashing somthing because theres no interior view! Personally i'm happy if theres no interior view! As It makes it diffrent from real life, as your not in the driving seat! I perfer gameplay to Graphices really, and if its a case of 'interior view on all cars or You can have These cars added?" I'd go with the extra cars as it adds somthing to it! Also interior view s in Arcade games, i'm not a fan of it really as its not ment to be real! If Burnout Paradise had interior views I'd find it a waist reall, as your going at speed and likly to crash, and last thing i'd want is to be taken down by some can i never seen because of it beeing i my blind spot!

But in GT5, TDU, GRiD, DiRT, etc, etc i'm ok with it as its ment to be 'Real'!

Sorry for the rant its just iits one of the things thats gets me annoyed! like people going "WTF NO BMW IN TDU WHY NOT I DEMEND IT IN!!!111!" and stuff like that!:rolleyes:

It's called immersion guys, some people prefer the challenge of having to watch out for those around them and see obstacles coming almost that little bit too late rather than the pure arcade knowing where everyone around you is and also what is coming up ahead.

ZOMG no interior view or G25 support?! Why did they even bother making this?! lolololololol

... Dear me.

I don't expect this game to have a great amount of longevity but it will be fun while it lasts. More games need to focus on being fun. Medal of Honor being testament to this, what an farce of a game that is.

Yea, It may not be the most polished thing ever but it should be a laugh.

I heard that there would be atleast 120 challenges, 60+ on each side of the campaign, and, knowing criterion, and the fact that Craig Sullivan emphasized the word "DLC" on a couple interviews, there would probably be more.

Fortunately, longevity seems to not be a problem anymore, and if your into online it might even last as long or longer than paradise, which lasted a long time for me. :p

P.S: Minimum Specs for HP are very low, Almost lower than Paradise:

OS: Windows® XP SP 3 (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista® (32-64 bits) / Windows 7® (32-64 bits)

Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ

Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®

Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0 compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0

Hard Drive: 8.0 GB

Sound: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card

Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, optional controller

Recommended:

OS: Windows® XP SP 3 (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista® (32-64 bits) / Windows 7® (32-64 bits)

Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better

Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®

Graphics: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0

Hard Drive: 8 GB free space

Sound: 5.1 sound card

Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)

1.8ghz dual core? 256 mb graphics card? Is it just me or is criterion really good at porting to the PC? They always make it run amazing, somehow...

I do with people would stop bashing somthing because theres no interior view! Personally i'm happy if theres no interior view! As It makes it diffrent from real life, as your not in the driving seat! I perfer gameplay to Graphices really, and if its a case of 'interior view on all cars or You can have These cars added?" I'd go with the extra cars as it adds somthing to it! Also interior view s in Arcade games, i'm not a fan of it really as its not ment to be real! If Burnout Paradise had interior views I'd find it a waist reall, as your going at speed and likly to crash, and last thing i'd want is to be taken down by some can i never seen because of it beeing i my blind spot!

But in GT5, TDU, GRiD, DiRT, etc, etc i'm ok with it as its ment to be 'Real'!

Sorry for the rant its just iits one of the things thats gets me annoyed! like people going "WTF NO BMW IN TDU WHY NOT I DEMEND IT IN!!!111!" and stuff like that!:rolleyes:

I understand, but the interior view was the deciding factor with many games I bought before I could drive. Now, though, I haven't played racing games in a long time (or any game, for that matter)... :( I guess NFS isn't a "driving/racing feel" experience any more - maybe I just miss the old days (the "original Hot Pursuit" old days, not the NFSU thing).

Also, "demand" has too many letters for the people who say that. :p They would just use "want" instead. :p

-Leadfoot

+1 t.

My comment was more or less me trying to work out if I should get the game on my PC or X360. The X360 means I have split screen available, and get to play with a different group of friends (besides Mellors by the sounds of it). But then the PC version will almost certainly be cheaper by $20-$50, look a tiny bit better, will allow me to record footage with Fraps, play with my preferred screen, use Buttkicker, and other pointless stuff that no-one else here cares about.

TDU2 has interior view, police, and airfields (pretty sure everyone already knows that), so if NFS just happens to be great fun, then that's a bonus. Burnout Paradise didn't need an interior view because the cars weren't real. NFS shouldn't really handle like Burnout, but I think we all realise that it does, and we just have to deal with that, and I have to go hunting for my X360 controller for Windows :)

/Possibly last 'blue' post :nuts:

With the interior view, i was just talking about it in games in Genral, not just with NFS!

On another topic, We may end up with some Non-US Styled police cars in NFS as the Current website is showing...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/Cop_LamborghiniGallardoLP560_4_4_CARPAGE_0.jpg

The Normal Gallardo(I say normal as the game has near enough every LP560 in the game) is showen under 'cops' as the Italian colours! So I wounder if its because thats because it's the only car which is a real police car in the game, or if we'll get a choice between 'US & Local'.

Also on a intresting note, on the LP560-4's page it says "The LP560-4 is only available to cops in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit"...but its listed as beeing around for both cops & racers....

Eather way, I'm hoping that we could pick between US & local...A British police coloured XKR, MC4 & Aston DBS would make my day!:cool: But i think i've found a DLC there maybe going to do?