We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cruise Control

wcumbie

i just dont understand this fascination many people have with going into a game, selecting a VERY fast car and doing the speed limit.

if thats what you enjoy, why not just go jump in your real car and cruise that way? thats the definition of Realistic. and you can save the money you would have spent to buy the game.

Well,mabey when were done going stupid-fast, we want to cruise normaly for a while, Mabey not everyone can drive yet , and you would just spend the money you saved on the game on gas.

TDU2 has no refuelling abilities so you're down on that.

I don't want cruise control, keep that in the 18WoS series.

Well...I'm in for cruise control since TDU1 actually. I brought in that idea for Mellors his developers Q&A list. I never recieved a answer though.

Because I'm a cruiser I love driving the motorway around the speedlimit. And like Andreaz said, the racing-to-the-limit-floor-it-guys won't even notice it.

It's a nice idea, I was thinking of this myself, however, imo, it defeats the objective of the game, which is cruising. I remember Saints Row 2 had it, but of course that was very little about the driving aspect. Still a nice idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I like cruise control in the game too. The haters are the kids that crash into anything and anyone, i hate those people. I also want to have the ability to drive within the speed limit with my very fast Ferrari. Why the hell not?? Do all the Ferrari's in reallife always drive at the max? No, i want to cruise!! And sometimes put down the gas.

• 2 years later...

you actually Don't Need Cruise Control, you need just to use Gearbox with Only 1 Gear ! ;) use TDU Performance Editor (if you have Windows 7 / Vista use TDUPE 2.75 and DON'T FORGET to put a reverse slash "\" at the end of the File Directory [Address]{for example : D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited\ AND NOT D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited WITHOUT A REVERSE SLASH AT THE END) Have Fun ! :) if you want, I can send you some physics

It would be nice to have it, it fits the bill of half arcade race/driving simulation. I love to cruse around at normal speeds in TDU and think it would be a great edition to TDU 2.(or a great new mod:cheeky:.)