We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Car List Revealed on Facebook

Who

What do you think of the Carlist?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Carlist?

• It's grrrrrrreat!
    • It's ok, could have been better though
    • It's *meh*
    • It's really disappointing :(
    • I'm cancelling my order/not buying/waiting till after release

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUF is a company that takes Porsche models and modifies their performance and looks and resells them. So yes, modified Porsche in a sense.

RUF does modify Cayennes, but I don't think you'd want this.

Errr, just want to make a quick correction here. You're half right...sort of. Ruf has one devision that modifies current Porsche vehicles, upgrading their performance and sometimes adding aerokits.

Cars like the Ruf RGT, Daraka and so forth are not actually in that branch of the business. The reason Ruf can be added into many games is because they can be considered a manufacturer in some cases (similar to Gemballa for some of their vehicles as well). The reason for this is because all Ruf does is buy their chassis' from Porsche.

Once Ruf buys the chassis' from Porsche, they build the car ground up as they see fit. If they were just modifying cars then the car would still be considered a Porsche and thus it would not be allowed in the game, because the license for the vehicle belongs to Porsche.

Some engines may be similar but I'm pretty sure they are inhouse or also bought from the company, but they aren't just "modified" Porsches in this case.

Errr, just want to make a quick correction here. You're half right...sort of. Ruf has one devision that modifies current Porsche vehicles, upgrading their performance and sometimes adding aerokits.

RUF are RUF, they don't modify, they build their own cars which use blank Porsche shells. It's the same thing as Alpina. It is very bizarre but that I believe is how it works. This is why you can have them in games, because the car is wholly a RUF not a modified Porsche. While they do offer tuning parts for Porsche cars you won't find them in a game unless the car is 100% RUF.

On the topic of alpina, it's a bit strange that no-one has considered using them in place of BMWs, given that, as t. said, they use blank a chassis and build it up from there, and hence surely they'd also be licensable as a separate entity

BMW cars are present in the game?

Well read the list and see for yourself... no.

On the topic of alpina, it's a bit strange that no-one has considered using them in place of BMWs, given that, as t. said, they use blank a chassis and build it up from there, and hence surely they'd also be licensable as a separate entity

Maybe they don't want to be in games but I think we would've heard something about them by now so I agree, it's very strange. :hmmm:

Don't u think the fact Alpinas wear the same BMW badge says pretty much everything? It's like ur trying to buy AMG licence instead of Mercedes'.

I think its probably because BMW and Alpina are so close in regards to how they work, Alpina just change the engine and stick there badges on there so its not a fully new built car from Alpina, so if BMW say no then alpina havent got an option, whereas RUF get the unmarked bodies from Porsche and build the car up from there, sort of a more individual company.....thats my guess anyway.

I don't know why TDU 2 doesn't have BMW.Games like 'Blur','Grid',and rubbish 'Juiced 2' does have BMW cars.And there is AC Schnitzer that is like Ruf to Porsche.Problem can be solved,the thing is,Atari can't be bothered to try.

We should think less about what manufacturers TDU2 doesn't have, and more about the fact that manufacturers like Nissan, Subaru, Volkswagen, etc... only have a few cars.

Still, if you want to see BMWs, your best bet is to buy the game and every DLC. Maybe they will get enough money to buy new licenses.:thumbsup:

Shift 2 is going to have 130 vehicles, and i bet you any money that there models are going to be way bette than TDU2 and is plan to be a simulator.

all of a sudden Shift 2 seems more exciting.

oh and did i mention that they have Porsches and BMWs?

EA is the reason TDU doesn't have those makes. In fact, they pay several million to insure we don't have them.

-Leadfoot

I'm so sick and tired of seeing everybody complain about no Porsche and no BMW. NFS is from EA. They bought out the licenses to Porsche and BMW, so now no one else can get cars from Porsche and BMW. If you don't like TDU2 now, then don't buy it and stop ranting about it. You're ruining the moment for those who actually want to buy the game.

;388433']EA is the reason TDU doesn't have those makes. In fact, they pay several million to insure we don't have them.

-Leadfoot

A reason to hate them? No, it's just a simple market rule. The one with a money makes rules. They still have more Ferraris, Bugattis, Gumpert Apollo and all those cars that Atari and Eden are proud of.

I'll just simply enjoy both games, each for what it's best at.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing everybody complain about no Porsche and no BMW. NFS is from EA. They bought out the licenses to Porsche and BMW, so now no one else can get cars from Porsche and BMW. If you don't like TDU2 now, then don't buy it and stop ranting about it. You're ruining the moment for those who actually want to buy the game.

Thank You! As much complaining goes on here you'd wonder if anyone would even want to buy the game, personally I don't know how I'm going to get through the next week and a half.

A reason to hate them? No, it's just a simple market rule. The one with a money makes rules. They still have more Ferraris, Bugattis, Gumpert Apollo and all those cars that Atari and Eden are proud of.

I'll just simply enjoy both games, each for what it's best at.

I agree. The powerhouse wins. In this case, EA apparently.