We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Car List Revealed on Facebook

Who

What do you think of the Carlist?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Carlist?

• It's grrrrrrreat!
    • It's ok, could have been better though
    • It's *meh*
    • It's really disappointing :(
    • I'm cancelling my order/not buying/waiting till after release

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has EA ever decided to be nice? Can you add Lambo to that sig, sorta EAs fault since they had Lambos only in NFS and that kinda set a precedent. Either way I'm blaming them. :D

There were Lambo's in TDU1. ;)

Iirc, there aren't any Lambo's because they wanted the same amount of money that Atari paid Ferrari.

There were Lambo's in TDU1. ;)

Iirc, there aren't any Lambo's because they wanted the same amount of money that Atari paid Ferrari.

Well one of the producers said that one of the reasons is that EA only had Lambos in NFS:HP and kind of hinted that Ferrari wanted exclusivity in TDU2 because of that. I'm still blaming EA :)

Who cares about HP anyway. That's just another arcade toy that will be forgotten in a few months time. Shift 2 will most probably have both Ferraris and Lambos, Mazers, BMWs, Porsches, Aero, Bugattis...almost all of currently important cars...THIS should be their model, not HP...

I must spread rep first, but you, ScoobSTi, would have gotten some more rep for that. Thank you for clarifying to everyone who says, "Why no BMW Porsche M911 GT335i Clubsport RS M-Package Cabriolet? I want BMW Porsche M911 GT335i Clubsport RS M-Package Cabriolet!"

Thank you. *insert "Respect head nod" GIF here* :)

-Leadfoot

;388484']I must spread rep first, but you, ScoobSTi, would have gotten some more rep for that. Thank you for clarifying to everyone who says, "Why no BMW Porsche M911 GT335i Clubsport RS M-Package Cabriolet? I want BMW Porsche M911 GT335i Clubsport RS M-Package Cabriolet!"

Thank you. *insert "Respect head nod" GIF here* :)

-Leadfoot

Agreed, unfortuantly as soon as the games released

you'll get the same druids asking the same question but with "as DLC" at

the end.

Well one of the producers said that one of the reasons is that EA only had Lambos in NFS:HP and kind of hinted that Ferrari wanted exclusivity in TDU2 because of that. I'm still blaming EA :)
I thought he mentioned NFS HP as an example of having one or the other. IE they have Lambo but no Fezza, they [TDU2] have Fezza but no Lambo.

Shift 2 is a circuit based racer, TDU2 is an open world driving game. they're different, and if you can't appreciate both, and their respective qualities then you're being very naive.

I agree that it sucks that BMW and Porsche are not in, to the point it would make the game >better< if they were in, but the fact they are not does not make the game >worse<

What annoys me most on the list is lack of variety within a similar segment, for example:

in TDU we had mafia cruises, essentially the entry criteria is Big 4 door, painted black, and we had the options of cars like the 300c, various mercedes, the Audi A6 etc. right off the bat, wheras now we have the charger and the CL 63...

Same for classics, off the bat in TDU you could pull together a US classics themed cruise, with the camaro, the firebird, the stingray, the Gt500, the daytona coupe etc. and now all you get is the fastback, the daytona and the c1. Given that the camaro/firebird/stingray are iconic cars, it makes it even harder to understand why they aren't on the disk, and what GM product they used instead (Hands up anyone who actually used the C1 in TDU)

Although, at the test I did find myself happy enough with the dealers, as there was never a moment where I went 'oh, why isn't x here' so perhaps i'm just feeling spoilt because of Forza, and the fact I had nearly all teh expansions for TDU1 :P

Have they announced anything about the dlc frequency?

Shift 2 is a circuit based racer, TDU2 is an open world driving game. they're different, and if you can't appreciate both, and their respective qualities then you're being very naive.

I agree that it sucks that BMW and Porsche are not in, to the point it would make the game >better< if they were in, but the fact they are not does not make the game >worse<

What annoys me most on the list is lack of variety within a similar segment, for example:

in TDU we had mafia cruises, essentially the entry criteria is Big 4 door, painted black, and we had the options of cars like the 300c, various mercedes, the Audi A6 etc. right off the bat, wheras now we have the charger and the CL 63...

Same for classics, off the bat in TDU you could pull together a US classics themed cruise, with the camaro, the firebird, the stingray, the Gt500, the daytona coupe etc. and now all you get is the fastback, the daytona and the c1. Given that the camaro/firebird/stingray are iconic cars, it makes it even harder to understand why they aren't on the disk, and what GM product they used instead (Hands up anyone who actually used the C1 in TDU)

Although, at the test I did find myself happy enough with the dealers, as there was never a moment where I went 'oh, why isn't x here' so perhaps i'm just feeling spoilt because of Forza, and the fact I had nearly all teh expansions for TDU1 :P

Have they announced anything about the dlc frequency?

It's all a marketing stance. Yes, most of us here love all kinds of cars, but we aren't their prime audience. They want people walking through the game store to see concept and super cars on the cover and want it because that is what people like. People want the fastest, the most expensive, the rarest and that's what will get them to buy this game. That's why it's packed with Veyrons and Zondas, they are fast, rare, expensive and everyone wants one IRL. TDU2 gives them a virtual version. The only argument to "well why can't we have all those and the classics and the 4 doors from TDU1?" is time and money, they already spent 5 years working on it. Now before someone says that they should give the hardcore community more, we aren't the ones keeping the lights on. If they didn't go after the general public then there very well might not have been a TDU2.

It's all a marketing stance. Yes, most of us here love all kinds of cars, but we aren't their prime audience. They want people walking through the game store to see concept and super cars on the cover and want it because that is what people like. People want the fastest, the most expensive, the rarest and that's what will get them to buy this game. That's why it's packed with Veyrons and Zondas, they are fast, rare, expensive and everyone wants one IRL. TDU2 gives them a virtual version. The only argument to "well why can't we have all those and the classics and the 4 doors from TDU1?" is time and money, they already spent 5 years working on it. Now before someone says that they should give the hardcore community more, we aren't the ones keeping the lights on. If they didn't go after the general public then there very well might not have been a TDU2.

I completely agree with you on this one. And I sure hope they get more people to buy the game, cause definitely, If we wanna see plenty of big DLCs and who knows, even more manufacturers, the game must be bought by much more people than just the hardcore TDU fans.

I completely agree with you on this one. And I sure hope they get more people to buy the game, cause definitely, If we wanna see plenty of big DLCs and who knows, even more manufacturers, the game must be bought by much more people than just the hardcore TDU fans.

And this is what I am saying to all your posts with complaints. Their time to do these things is very finite and their target market doesn't care about wind noise or fuel. As much as we want those things, and I'd kill for fuel to be in, we have to remember that they are trying to make a profit. The hardcore community for this game is very small, I'd guess much less than 10,000 people and they need to concentrate on features everyone else wants. I think with TDU2 they really met us in the middle and that's probably why my expectations weren't huge. They gave us better graphics and car washes and livery editor and convertible tops and walking around. Most of these are things that we only really care about, if they gave us everything the community wanted there would nothing left to sell the game on a huge level and thus no more TDU. Some of your complaints are legitimate, but please go about them the right way, by just saying this is what you'd like and why. Complaining doesn't have to go any further.

You know what,list is dissapointing,BUT I don't care.As Who said there is no variety,but still I don't car.There is A10,SLS,10 Ferrari cars,there are SUVs to replace 4-door saloons,and we know that there will be DLCs,so stop whining about that,and stop saying NFS have Lambo and BMW and Porsche and Rockets and stuff.Atari isn't EA.If you don't like it,go to TDU2 forums and whine there.

The end.

EA Is The Evil Empire

EA used to be a great gaming company. This was back in the 90's of course.... Now they are all about making cheap games and ripping people off.............How can you guy's support such trash

seriously....... There games might look good but they have no substance. Like that game shift 2 will be fun for 2 months and then it will collect dust Now a game like tdu will be played for years and thats what your paying for...........So who cares if they have BMW and Porsche thats the only way people would actually buy there games by being and evil empire but greed will bring them down like stack of dominos......Mark my words.........SO cheers to atari and eden, and rockstar,take2 and so many others that make games that matter not just to make a quick buck!.

Actually Shift 2 if EA leave SMS to do their thing will be a hell of a game for all types of player. Those guys were involved in GTR, GTR2 and GTR Legends so the past reputation is definitely there and if you've seen the track list never mind the car list, the game has a good chance of taking on the role of the console racer to have.

I'm actually warming to EA again, Shift was innovative, Rock band is always expanding, Mirrors edge was innovative (if a bit rubbish) and Skate is a franchise I love. Truth told, currently I believe activision is the new EA, releasing the same games every year. Just look at the way that Rock Band constantly gets new gameplay modes (actual guitars for controllers and keyboard in RB3) compared to the 'same gameplay, different songs' which activision puts out in Guitar Hero. in 2009 there were 5 guitar hero branded games, 'nuff said. Same for Skate, which took the tony hawks shovelware and revolutionised it with a new style of control, and much more believable gameplay.

I'm actually warming to EA again, Shift was innovative, Rock band is always expanding, Mirrors edge was innovative (if a bit rubbish) and Skate is a franchise I love. Truth told, currently I believe activision is the new EA, releasing the same games every year. Just look at the way that Rock Band constantly gets new gameplay modes (actual guitars for controllers and keyboard in RB3) compared to the 'same gameplay, different songs' which activision puts out in Guitar Hero. in 2009 there were 5 guitar hero branded games, 'nuff said. Same for Skate, which took the tony hawks shovelware and revolutionised it with a new style of control, and much more believable gameplay.
As much as i hate EA for the NFS games (apart from shift) the skate series are incredible, being a skateboarder for nearly 11 years, they have done a fantastic job of creating a skating game, shift 2 looks good, but after playing hot pursuit, to me, it seems they'll release any old tripe for abit of dough.

EA used to be a great gaming company. This was back in the 90's of course.... Now they are all about making cheap games and ripping people off.............How can you guy's support such trash

seriously....... There games might look good but they have no substance. Like that game shift 2 will be fun for 2 months and then it will collect dust Now a game like tdu will be played for years and thats what your paying for...........So who cares if they have BMW and Porsche thats the only way people would actually buy there games by being and evil empire but greed will bring them down like stack of dominos......Mark my words.........SO cheers to atari and eden, and rockstar,take2 and so many others that make games that matter not just to make a quick buck!.

It seems the only posts you make on this forum are negative... learn to lighten up a little.

This thread is quickly becoming off topic, but I am no moderator so who cares! lol

Anyway. A few years back EA was churning out cookie cutter game with every big name on them just for a profit. Then the massive Call of duty explosion happened, and the entire idea of cookie cutter game was taken to the next level. I mean those games are all the same, I would know I played em way to much. With that being said I've noticed somewhat of a resurrection in EA....sort of.

While EA themselves is entirely focused on profit above all else, and anything developed in house is quite bad they have recently taken a step back from individual developers. They have shown a tendency to buy a smaller developer and basically let them run the show if its working, and just provide the capitol for them to make great games.

Also they do support their games more than most, with someone previously pointing out the massive DLC for rockband, and actual servers for the Battlefield series.

It seems now Activision is really the giant we all hate. Call of duty is just rubbish now. Cod4 was awesome, but seriously not upgrading your engine for 4 games and just pasting new textures and guns is just awful business practice. I really wish the masses would see this.

Of course they're some exceptions. I tell you I had Nfs:HP reserved and half way paid off at gamestop once, then I played the demo. I assure you friends, those funds is what paid off TDU. I was super excited about that game, loving all the NFS games back from its heyday, especially Hot pursuit. Then I realized the game sucked and I was livid.

i love the SKATE series. but its gonna take more than 1 good franchise to bring me back. after NFS Carbon they just got cheap and i stopped playing after SHIFT. what did they do to screw up so bad? i mean Most Wanted and GTA San Andreas literally killed my first PS2 and were so scratched up they didnt work anymore