We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase

iLLGT3

so you don't need 32gb of ram at all..?

That'd be good for video editing

some people said that 32GB of ram is usless and waste of money, i showed them this New Rig Build IAAG Forum lol

its a good thing to have this head room, i probably wont use it all now, but it will come in handy later on. btw in that picture with task manager, i was rendering a video actually :)

i like to have lots of ram also because i don't turn off games when im done playing. im done playing and just minimize it. later i can instantly continue where i ended. don't have to turn the game on, wait for all the stupid intros , loading screens and so on :D

also its good because i run VM and that thing eats ram. the best part is i can make a ramdisk. that's like 9GB/s reads and writes!

so its useful, only when you think about it , this is ridiculas :D

Well, I merely use my 8gb of RAM, and I think that's fine. Btw, leaving the games minimized also stresses the processor all the time you are not using it for the game itself, in my case it also slows down my pc too (I'm running an x6 1090T @stock). However, that's my case...

I've noticed that a video rendering uses more CPU (RAM apart) tham, for example FSX (one CPU hog). I just wanted to share my little experience. Good luck with that rig!

Ps: what were you doing that used 14.7gb of RAM :O ?

Well, I merely use my 8gb of RAM, and I think that's fine. Btw, leaving the games minimized also stresses the processor all the time you are not using it for the game itself, in my case it also slows down my pc too (I'm running an x6 1090T @stock). However, that's my case...

I've noticed that a video rendering uses more CPU (RAM apart) tham, for example FSX (one CPU hog). I just wanted to share my little experience. Good luck with that rig!

Ps: what were you doing that used 14.7gb of RAM :O ?

i was running few games in the background, Linux, PS, downloading from steam, playing futurama episode in the other monitor and some other stuff. as for CPU speed, this 8350 @4.4Ghz is enough to handle everything i throw at it. especialy when it comes to multitasking

Just create a bunch of virtual PCs and it's really easy to use up RAM.

yes, but the biggest amout of ram i give to the ramdisk and use it a cache for browser and as windows temp folder

9r10FEG.png

1.77GB/s :D

DNhV0kj.png

i was running few games in the background, Linux, PS, downloading from steam, playing futurama episode in the other monitor and some other stuff. as for CPU speed, this 8350 @4.4Ghz is enough to handle everything i throw at it. especialy when it comes to multitasking

yes, but the biggest amout of ram i give to the ramdisk and use it a cache for browser and as windows temp folder

Well, you really use the multitasking thing :P

I have to restore the OC to my cpu :hmmm:

Fibre optic my friend... Before I was getting 6 down 0.3 up.

Well, I thought that the slow speeds was a problem in my country and in other part of the world (Europe, Australia, USA) the things went fast...

^Did a quick follow-up test with the stopwatch:

From the time I launched GT5 (intro movies disabled) to the main menu loading the cursor appearing with the original 80GB Toshiba HDD, took 1 minute 23 seconds.

With the Samsung SSD this took only 43 seconds. Saving me 40 seconds.

Loading a new track in an online lounge took 45-60 seconds with the original 80GB HDD. Now it takes 15-20 seconds with the Samsung SSD. The menus are so much more responsive now as well. It's frankly amazing.

The process to backup the PS3, sync trophies online, swap the drive, and restore the backup was childishly easy too. Couldn't be happier. Just need to find an improved cooling solution for the console now.