We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Exploration Pack confirmation & Continuing Support mentioned *It's been submitted!!*

Eudemon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason it's out for PC is because they were the group that made the biggest stink about support in TDU1, so they made sure to focus on that group this time around. Unfortunately that means shifting focus away from the consoles because bug testing for PCs takes longer as there are so many different hardware configurations.

but eden can choose who to work with.

Not really, they're owned by Atari. They wanna choose their own dev, they need to start a long procedure of convincing Atari they should sell Eden, and then they also need to do an at least just as long procedure to convince another publisher to take over the title and the studio.

@oshaylinux: Eden can be blamed for TDU2's execution, not entirely but they still can. It's anybody's guess why car performances are so horribly wrong compared to the specs they enter, and Eden in some cases lacked skill or experience.

Still Nothing new heard? What a shame...I really though somthing would have been announced! Or Is this Holiday of Late nights and waking up thinking "WTF, why am I in bath and why is there a bottle of Vodka on top of me?" taking it's tole on me?

Whats going to be out first? Driver: San Francisco or the patch? I think I have a rough idea where my moneys safe at!

Driver: San Francisco or the patch? I think I have a rough idea where my moneys safe at!

Driver San Francisco had a new trailer released showing 6 of the cars in the game. Note that the game will contain OVER 120 LICENSED cars! There ya go.

And RUF, and Pagani.

Ye it's sad, but there's nothing that can be done about it. Oh in addition I don't think that recent patch, server side or something?, has done anything good. Yesterday I tried to do a cruise with 4 other guys, it was as if we played Fuel in multiplayer. It took us half an hour of continuous inviting, accepting, reinviting, reaccepting, teleporting through map and so on to eventually finally see eachother. The problem of selecting your friends or accepting their invites, only to be thrown in a session full of random noobs seems a problem Atari and Eden will never fix. They just don't do anything out there!!!!! They're really not doing anything at all!!!

Yesterday I tried to do a cruise with 4 other guys, it was as if we played Fuel in multiplayer. It took us half an hour of continuous inviting, accepting, reinviting, reaccepting, teleporting through map and so on to eventually finally see eachother.

This.

@oshaylinux: Eden can be blamed for TDU2's execution, not entirely but they still can. It's anybody's guess why car performances are so horribly wrong compared to the specs they enter, and Eden in some cases lacked skill or experience.

I agree with you in part. Eden is paying for their part in the -not so great TDU2, but Atari, the publisher could have rejected the project and told Eden to go back and get it right. Atari did not do that, they choice to release the game in a poor state, so they ultimately should bear the blame.

Hey everyone! First things first, we want to confirm that the DLC1 Exploration Pack is absolutely still coming! Many apologies for it taking so long but we want to ensure you guys will get a great product. The team up at Eden is working around the clock and still 100% committed to continuing to support the game and the community with ongoing bug fixes, more DLC and continued maintenance of the online services to give you guys the best possible experience online in Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Funny ''we want to ensure you guys will get a good product''. In my opinion TDU2 had to be released finished or not, otherwise Atari had to many costs in other words

they were forced to release TDU2. By the way why did Eden Games develop a whole new engine, the V-rally engine was perfect to me it was smooth.

You're the mod, fix it and state why. Slightly less chance of being ignored.

-

I actually booted TDU2 up again today after months of not playing it, admittedly it's because my brother wanted to have a go in the FXX and not because I wanted to play it. I thought coming back to it now that all the expectation had faded that I might look upon it with a new light, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad after all? Sadly not, it is still a terrible game and the DLC and patch amnesty isn't helping, this game really is dead in the water. I was watching as my brother drove round in the FXX and the population of the servers was basically AFK noobs and Hex editors.

Sad that there are single player games with a longer life cycle.

Eden is working around the clock and still 100% committed to continuing to support the game and the community with ongoing bug fixes, more DLC and continued maintenance of the online services to give you guys the best possible experience online in Test Drive Unlimited 2.

there's a bug in your bloody dna you should fix first.

The SLS is still the most fun car I find to drive in the game,

I seem to find that its a bit of a forgotten car on the PS3 edition! And it's handing is good! And the Sound is ok!

I'm getting TDU2 for the 360 Tomorrow(Friend doesn't use it anymore, so were doing a 'long term swap'). Anyone here still play it on that? or is it much like the PS3 edtion?

Neat! the PS3 seems to have died a little bit. :(

Is there a TDUC club ingame? and Feel free to add me on the 360, names: CarbonCoffeeee

*Off-Topic, But really...what else are we going to fill the Unlimited time gap with? Talk of what type of Cake suits a Sunday afternoon tea break? Actually...

Yeah there is a club, it's Level 2 but it doesn't look like getting to Level 3 anytime shortly.

And I had a lovely Hot Double Chocolate Fudge cake after my dinner on Sunday, it was quite filling and a bit sickening but was well tasty!