We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA V {DT} - IT'S OUT AND IT'S SOOOOO GOOOD!!

superhyper

GTA IV's handling to me had a real 70's feeling to in that some of the cars did handle like a boat but at the time you sort of expected them to. The thing that got me about IV's handling though was the delay in how the weight of the rear would come round when you feinted or performed a hand-brake turn, it always felt like a half-second delay before the weight transfer would occur, meaning that you would normally overshoot the corner more than you expected. You can get used to it and perform the manoeuvre at the right time but it doesn't feel right and you typically return back to the normal waiting too long very shortly afterwards.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just start waiting for GTA VI then MD, sorted. :D

That's going to be a really long wait as I have zero plans to buy a next generation console. So I'd have to wait another six months to a year :eek:

Despite the boaty-ness I really enjoyed GTA IVs vehicle handling as well as the damage model. The handling was over the top, but I still enjoyed it, I enjoyed it more because I really liked the way it played while I read person after person complaining about it on the internet and how they couldn't drive properly :p

I actually felt at home with IVs handling characteristics.

On driving:

I'm not going to lie, it's going to take some getting used to. It's err.. grippy. The only time the car really slides is if you go way too fast into a corner, and it does feel nice... but the rest of the time it's just made to be easy [iMO]. Do miss IV's handling.. it was more fun. Slow cars and large vehicles feel better, I think. Planes are nice though, patch will approve :lol:.

Well let's hope the forums don't go down when you get your copy :cheeky:
That's harsh. :bdown:

Still waiting to the 'dispatched' message from Game for my copy. They're delivering to a courier who'll get it out to the UAE in 24hours rather than me waiting 2 weeks for the local postal service to lose it
Woah, that couldn't have been cheap!

Woah, that couldn't have been cheap!

Have got a 'shop and ship' account with Aramex, so its pretty reasonable.

£5 for royal mail to deliver it in 2 weeks which has a poor success rate when it gets to the middle east.

And its £8 for the aramex service which is tracked all the way to my door. Bargain(ish)

I'm not holding my breath about getting it tomorrow now.

Either shops have lied about sending the game out over the weekend or RM are holding onto all parcels from certain retailers until tomorrow. Which no doubt would cause chaos here as our RM depot is tiny and full at the best of times judging by the big stacks of post/parcels on a normal day. Even if they do have enough storage space to hold all the copies at the depots I doubt they can deliver them all in a day.

Awww, it wasn't meant to be. I thought the worldwide joke is that everyone who gets this game would magically disappear for a few weeks (in which case it probably wouldn't matter if the forum went down then as I'd have no-one to talk to anyway)

I will be online... when the desert time comes. :tw: