We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA V {DT} - IT'S OUT AND IT'S SOOOOO GOOOD!!

superhyper

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 million people. That's how many tried playing during the first day of GTA online. That's a lot of people.
How do you know this?

It's been a bit glitchy today, let's be honest, no amount of Server power could have prepared Rockstar for the amount of people trying to play online lol.
Couple this with the fact the game is constantly checking the cloud, reading and writing data like your balance, wins, skills etc too and that is a HELL OF A LOT of server power required for the amount of people trying to connect.

Just look at all those bugs R* has fixed yesterday:

Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.

Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.

Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.

Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.

Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.

Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.

Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.

Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.

Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.

Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

(Source: Rockstar Newsfield)

I can't understand how such a long planned and actually programmed feature is so buggy. At least they waited 2 weeks before they released Online. In this time they could test everything again. In two weaks I can finish almost 3 car mods for Test Drive.

I can't understand how such a long planned and actually programmed feature is so buggy. At least they waited 2 weeks before they released Online. In this time they could test everything again. In two weaks I can finish almost 3 car mods for Test Drive.

Creating mods and fixing bugs are completely different. Rockstar was not prepared for 25 million people getting into their servers, they cannot test something on that scale. Instead of complaining (so many people are) - you need to understand that patches like this usually take at LEAST 1 WEEK to come out, they cranked one out in less than 48 hours. Rockstar has been astounding in trying to resolve all the issues with the game, they're on top of it as much as they can be and no other Game Developer out there would ever come out with a fix so quickly for one of their games. Rockstar, proves time and time again that they really are the best Dev out there.

Well they certainly have the money to justify working around the clock and renting more servers :lol:

I guess withholding as much info as possible until release day is an effective marketing strategy. I wonder what effect doing the total opposite (WMD) will have effect on pCARS when it launches.

Creating mods and fixing bugs are completely different. Rockstar was not prepared for 25 million people getting into their servers, they cannot test something on that scale. Instead of complaining (so many people are) - you need to understand that patches like this usually take at LEAST 1 WEEK to come out, they cranked one out in less than 48 hours. Rockstar has been astounding in trying to resolve all the issues with the game, they're on top of it as much as they can be and no other Game Developer out there would ever come out with a fix so quickly for one of their games. Rockstar, proves time and time again that they really are the best Dev out there.

Well, of couse I understand! I mean as far I know it is the first game using the cloud services. But as there was such a huge hype about GTA5, already from the beginning, R* should just count with this amount of players. Of couse I got no idea how it works there, I am not a programmer, but they could create 10.000.000 automatic bots and try it out then. Well, if things like that are possible, and I think they are.

• 2 weeks later...